FTTF not selling out.

Duwayne

Which category does the person calling adults children fit in???
There's a difference. To be honest I'm reading your reply not remembering who was on which side of the issue, but your question misses an important nuance. There is a difference between labeling a specific behavior - on the one side - and calling people names, and labeling people as if their contributions to the thread is their entire being and worth - on the other hand. And in the end that boils down to the difference between considering a matter analytically - on the one side - and getting personal - on the other hand.

When a matter (like FTTF) is considered analytically (and in case there is any confusion "there are people who do see value in it" is an objective analysis), and that drives to conclusions that someone doesn't like, they have three choices: (a) They can remain silent, effectively allowing that analysis they don't like to prevail; (b) They can try to present analysis that drives to a different conclusion, a conflict that probably eventually leads to agreeing to disagree, and living with the fact that there is no definitive truth to the matter; or © they can get personal in response, throwing insults against the poster instead of trying to present real information about the matter being analyzed.

One of these three options is distinctly less mature and less civil than the other two.

After checking multiple times a day for about a month FTTF opened up for my Vista cruise this July. To my surprise it still available, been about 2 weeks since it's opened up again.

It looks like Carnival might have reached the tipping point with the $90 FTTF price. It had been sold out on the Glory for our May sailing but it opened up again last week and is still open. $90 is a lot of money for what you get so I'm thinking they might have pushed it a little too far. I won't do it again at that price. The last time we did it (in Oct last year it had gone up to $70 and had to think hard about that before doing it. Ah well, such is the corporate mentality. It was good while it lasted.

Worth every penny to me. Bad back prevents me from standing in those lines for general boarding. But, everyone has their reasons and/or preferences. Works for me but that is just my opinion.

I had no idea purchasing FTTF was offensive to some cruisers. We are 50/50 whether we purchase it or not. This time we did. My reasoning was we have a 650 am (arrive at 450 am) flight which arrives in Seattle at 1045 am. With an hour to get our luggage and an hour to the dock, I figured we would be in the thick of crowds when we arrived. I knew we would be tired and just ready to board. If it we were flying in the night before and could predict making our boarding slot, I probably wouldn't purchase. But this time, it was worth it to me. Same with the airlines...Sometime it is worth it to pay for the "early bird" boarding. Other times, I check myself in and take my chances.

FWIW - FTTF has been sold out for months on our upcoming Alaska cruise. I had been checking for days and finally saw a "limited availability" and grabbed it. I haven't seen it available since.

I assume Carnival only sells enough FTTF so the Platinum members are not inconvenienced?

I had no idea purchasing FTTF was offensive to some cruisers.
Some people get very concerned when anyone else can obtain some advantage. If it is an advantage that they have, then they would be concerned about sharing it. It they don't have that advantage, then they would be concerned about how the advantage disadvantages them.

I assume Carnival only sells enough FTTF so the Platinum members are not inconvenienced?
Some might say that any FTTF undercuts Platinum advantage. Regardless, the cruise line most likely balances the availability of FTTF with the adverse impact on others with priority, choosing a level FTTF that serves their business needs best.

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

Some people get very concerned when anyone else can obtain some advantage. If it is an advantage that they have, then they would be concerned about sharing it. It they don't have that advantage, then they would be concerned about how the advantage disadvantages them.

I would call them being GREEN with envy :cool:

I had no idea purchasing FTTF was offensive to some cruisers. We are 50/50 whether we purchase it or not. This time we did. My reasoning was we have a 650 am (arrive at 450 am) flight which arrives in Seattle at 1045 am. With an hour to get our luggage and an hour to the dock, I figured we would be in the thick of crowds when we arrived. I knew we would be tired and just ready to board. If it we were flying in the night before and could predict making our boarding slot, I probably wouldn't purchase. But this time, it was worth it to me. Same with the airlines...Sometime it is worth it to pay for the "early bird" boarding. Other times, I check myself in and take my chances.

FWIW - FTTF has been sold out for months on our upcoming Alaska cruise. I had been checking for days and finally saw a "limited availability" and grabbed it. I haven't seen it available since.

I been trying to get FTTF for my Alaska trip since I booked and it has been sold out I reached out by email and they told me they would not be adding anymore so the only way one will show up is if someone cancels it - I am gonna keep checking but my trip is on the 12th so I don't find it very likely that I will get one

It went on sale May 1 for my April, 2019 Freedom cruise. Sold out as of May 21.

It went on sale the same day (May 1) for my June 2019 Vista cruise... the strange thing is it's still available today! I expected it to be gone in a hurry!