HAL gets Oprah - here is what Princess is getting

OlsSalt

How is paying taxes on an Oprah car any different than having to pay taxes on a HAL free cruise? There are always taxes on prize winnings. This isn't unique to Oprah.

Roz

Sent from my SM-S820L using Forums mobile app

Yet Oprah gets singled out..quite often..here. You'd think she was the :evilsmile: reading some of these posts.:rolleyes:

This post made me laugh. Those poor people, who were given cars, had to pay taxes on them. I feel terribly for them. Imagine being so oblivious to tax law that you think you're above it.

I doubt that most people think they are above the tax law just because they are not aware that a prize they win (or gift they get) may be subject to taxes. It is a pretty common misconception, I think.

These are the same people who scoff at the lottery because "most of it goes to taxes."

I can't see how your two arguments are related.

Aside from telling the rest of us how to live, what is the basis for her INTERNTIONal stardom?

I'm taking the CAPS as the indicator that the international part is the crux of your question. Regardless of how one feels about Oprah, her show was broadcast in *149* countries. If you have a successful show in that many countries, I think it is safe to say that you attained INTERNATIONAL stardom.