HAL gets Oprah - here is what Princess is getting

OlsSalt

Just because my weight fluctuates up and down doesn't make me or Oprah not credible.

Roz

It certainly does negatively affect Oprah's credibility when she shamelessly endorses Weight Watchers while at the same being overweight herself most of the time.

Watch who you call "old".

Your characterizations are a bit tiresome.

Pretty sure I can out tour you any day of the week. I skip the donkeys and cable cars in Santorini and do the steps. I'm not sure what old is anymore but IMO part of it is a mind set, mostly, it seems - YOURS.

Well, the threads about Oprah(really just an excuse to bash her if we're being honest) are the same people making the same complaints about her.

I'm always amazed that they're allowed to go on and on before they're finally locked.

Well, the threads about Oprah(really just an excuse to bash her if we're being honest) are the same people making the same complaints about her.

I'm always amazed that they're allowed to go on and on before they're finally locked.

As usual, an evasive post to the one quoted and a repetitive on Oprah.

Why am I surprised?

When are you going to get that if I want to buy a HAL shirt on board, I don't want the O on it?

I don't buy labelled designer clothes period. I'm not advertising for anyone. Is that so hard to comprehend? A HAL sweatshirt is handy on a cruise but if it has the O around it, I won't be buying it. I'll find one in port.

If HAL wants to align with O so be it, nothing you or I can do about it. And yes, I admire her and her success, but I'm not interested in the "O" theme. Each to their own.

No one, no company will ever make 'EVE RYTHING' Right 'for most of us, thus not a welcome suggestion we should disassociate ourselves from HAL. After over 100 cruises with HAL, I shall no t be taking your suggestion seriously. :loudcry: ;p

Whatever - do what you want. I merely put forth a couple of possible actions. You can also just crab about stuff on internet forums and put yourself in high dudgeon with no apparent result other than to feel . . . something.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Perhaps HAL is changing it's incredibly confusing marketing program and is now trying to attract the daytime television/self help 'what makes you feel this way' crowd.

:D Who would that be? :eek:

Whatever - do what you want. I merely put forth a couple of possible actions. You can also just crab about stuff on internet forums and put yourself in high dudgeon with no apparent result other than to feel . . . something.

What were your other possible actions you suggested? I must have missed them, sorry.

The first 2 items that come to mind about Opera are the car give away fiasco, where she was giving a car away to everyone on her show that day, but never mentioned taxes ( sales and income) and the people that got the cars were blindsided. Next is her commercials on Weight Watchers about how much she lost. She has a financial interest in Weight Watches, so we can dismiss her credibility, and anyone who's followed her knows, her weight goes up and down like an elevator. So much for any credibility.
This post made me laugh. Those poor people, who were given cars, had to pay taxes on them. I feel terribly for them. Imagine being so oblivious to tax law that you think you're above it. These are the same people who scoff at the lottery because "most of it goes to taxes."

And I also don't buy the point about Oprah being on weight watcher commercials. Her history of weight problems, I would argue, make her an ideal spokesperson for the company. If Heidi Klum was the spokesperson, I'd be left scratching my head a bit. And as if it's a new concept for a company's owner to appear on its commercials. Darn that Papa John for claiming better ingredients, better pizza. How can we trust him, when he has a financial stake?

They're unable to, sadly. They go on and on about "practise what you preach".. yeahno.:confused:

And that's fine..but the agendas on here(not talking about you specifically) when it comes to Oprah..

Show me proof those agendas are related to race. I’ve got a full cup of coffee, so I’ll wait patiently for that evidence.

Well, my coffee is all gone and all I hear regarding evidence is “crickets.” Shocking.

Edited by Cruzaholic41

Show me proof those agendas are related to race. I’ve got a full cup of coffee, so I’ll wait patiently for that evidence.

... let me see if I understand this Post correctly: any Post that is either negative toward Oprah Winfrey or expresses an opinion that is different from yours is "not being helpful"? Helpful to what?

I guess we can expect to never see answers to these questions. Oh well.

I have a picture in my mind of people stuffing themselves at the Lido, having two or three dessert offerings, and then heading to an Oprah seminar on weight control or diabetes.

That should keep Weight Watchers in business for a while more.

I have a picture in my mind of people stuffing themselves at the Lido, having two or three dessert offerings, and then heading to an Oprah seminar on weight control or diabetes.

LOL :'):D:'). Too good. :loudcry:

Is that an image that HAL should be proud of?

Again.....

I will state unequivocally, totally, and without question....

My personal opinions of Oprah and of this collaboration with HAL have absolutely NOTHING to with with race.

There are always those who just love to pull out that abhorrent 'race' card.

And, that is, absolutely, what is happening here.

It was mentioned earlier, what would happen if this were turned around....

What would those on the other side think.

What if HAL launched a fleet wide collaboration with another person, who is a conservative, and okay, maybe has light colored skin.

Now, I am doing this just to play devil's advocate...

At this point, some of these ridiculous threads become 'entertainment'!!!!

Hahahaha!!!!

Here is the announcement....

Holland America very proudly announces our new partnership and collaboration with the Trump organization.

Their hotels and resorts are top notch, and enjoyed by many.

His hit televisions show was a shining example of his 'lifestyle brand'.

Episodes will always be available for viewing on the interactive television on your stateroom.

There will soon be Trump Suites available, complete with gold lavatory faucets.

Trump wines will be proudly offered. (aka: pushed) at all restaurants and bars.

One of our onboard venues, possibly the Crows Nest, will be redesigned, and will be replaced with the new and incredible Trump Penthouse Playboy Lounge.

I would dare anyone here to honestly say, in all seriousness, and without outright lying, that those who might not like this new endeavor, would be 'racist'. That their negative view on this would be based on skin color.

Edited by Wishing on a star

The first 2 items that come to mind about Opera are the car give away fiasco, where she was giving a car away to everyone on her show that day, but never mentioned taxes ( sales and income) and the people that got the cars were blindsided. Next is her commercials on Weight Watchers about how much she lost. She has a financial interest in Weight Watches, so we can dismiss her credibility, and anyone who's followed her knows, her weight goes up and down like an elevator. So much for any credibility.

If someone won a car and couldn’t pay the tax and license....they could always sell the car. They are still coming out ahead.

Most dieters I have known struggle to keep their weight off. Some empathy would be helpful here. It’s not easy to lose weight and even harder to keep it off.

Again.....

I will state unequivocally, totally, and without question....

My personal opinions of Oprah and of this collaboration with HAL have absolutely NOTHING to with with race.

There are always those who just love to pull out that abhorrent 'race' card.

And, that is, absolutely, what is happening here.

It was mentioned earlier, what would happen if this were turned around....

What would those on the other side think.

What if HAL launched a fleet wide collaboration with another person, who is a conservative, and okay, maybe has light colored skin.

Now, I am doing this just to play devil's advocate...

At this point, some of these ridiculous threads become 'entertainment'!!!!

Hahahaha!!!!

Here is the announcement....

Holland America very proudly announces our new partnership and collaboration with the Trump organization.

Their hotels and resorts are top notch, and enjoyed by many.

His hit televisions show was a shining example of his 'lifestyle brand'.

Episodes will always be available for viewing on the interactive television on your stateroom.

There will soon be Trump Suites available, complete with gold lavatory faucets.

Trump wines will be proudly offered. (aka: pushed) at all restaurants and bars.

One of our onboard venues, possibly the Crows Nest will be redesigned, and will be replaced with the new and incredible Trump Penthouse Playboy Lounge.

I would dare anyone here to honestly say, in all seriousness, and without outright lying, that those who might not like this new endeavor, would be 'racist'. That their negative view on this would be based on skin color.

Huh????? This thread was about the Princess ship celebrities.

Edited by oaktreerb

If someone won a car and couldn’t pay the tax and license....they could always sell the car. They are still coming out ahead.

Most dieters I have known struggle to keep their weight off. Some empathy would be helpful here. It’s not easy to lose weight and even harder to keep it off.

Selling the car would not negate the tax obligation. The moment they accept delivery of the car they will owe taxes in U.S.

Depending upon the tax bracket they are not necessarily coming out ahead.

I’m just wondering if there are others reading this thread who are like me, in thinking the O partnership isn’t hugely problematic, realizing about it that “this too shall pass”, yet are posting simply because we are not willing to let the spurious claims of racism go unanswered.

I keep trying to put myself in the other folks' shoes and imagine HAL's partnering with a personality that might be Oprah's opposite. I can't come up with one; nor do I know how I would take it.

Sarah Palin?