Premium Balcony

ronanrn

Looking at Alaska Cruisetours Maybe Coral Princess Is the premium balcony worth the extra money, is the balcony that much bigger? Or just splurge on the mini suite??

Go for a Premium Deluxe Balcony in the aft of the ship, big balconies plus great views.

If your going to be out on deck taking in the views why not from your own balcony?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by mllewis48

Go for a Premium Deluxe Balcony in the aft of the ship, big balconies plus great views.

If your going to be out on deck taking in the views why not from your own balcony?

To be correct, Coral does not have "Premium Deluxe Balconies".

Deluxe Balconies, whether premium or no, are only found on Royal class ships. They're a distinct category, and are slightly larger cabins, with small loveseat sofa, and slightly less storage than a standard balcony.

Coral has Premium Balcony and Balcony - and rhe difference is location, and often size of balcony. The cabin itself is essentially the same size regardless of Premium or Standard.

Pedantic, yes - but it does matter when booking cabin classes..

To be correct, Coral does not have "Premium Deluxe Balconies".

Deluxe Balconies, whether premium or no, are only found on Royal class ships. They're a distinct category, and are slightly larger cabins, with small loveseat sofa, and slightly less storage than a standard balcony.

Coral has Premium Balcony and Balcony - and rhe difference is location, and often size of balcony. The cabin itself is essentially the same size regardless of Premium or Standard.

Pedantic, yes - but it does matter when booking cabin classes..

Sorry made an assumption since we’ve only sailed on the Royal classes plus the Star, still would go with the Premium 1st then Mini. Royal Class Mini balconies are tiny [emoji17]

Sorry made an assumption since we’ve only sailed on the Royal classes plus the Star, still would go with the Premium 1st then Mini. Royal Class Mini balconies are tiny [emoji17]

Premium refers mainly to location on Coral (and Star, etc).. If it's on Coral deck, it gas added bonus of extra deep balcony.. (not on Royal class ships).. Normal alconies on Coral are 9x5 or so, noticeably larger than regular balconies, regardless of room category, on Royal class ships..

Looking at Alaska Cruisetours Maybe Coral Princess Is the premium balcony worth the extra money, is the balcony that much bigger? Or just splurge on the mini suite??

OP - unless you're really concerned about location - mid-ship or aft facing, skip the premium balcony. You can get standard balcony cabin on Coral on Caribe deck that's not classified as Premium and save some $$$ while enjoying the much deeper balcony.

If your budget permits, a mini-suite can be lovely, but it doesn't really have any larger balcony than a balcony cabin..especially if you can score on the Caribe deck, or aft facing.. Mini-suites have fully uncovered balconies for the most part, if that matters. Personally, we're not really fans of minis - for the price difference, we can do some more expensive excursions or specialty dining more often, or out towards another cruise...

The ship will slowly rotate while doing its "scenic" cruising, and often the best views are from the open decks - of which you have both aft and forward facing open deck space on Coral on several decks, plus all the open top deck space, Promenade deck, etc. You'll want to be able to be moving around those days to take in the ever changing views, etc.

Enjoy!

"worth it" is difficult to say. We felt that any balcony for Alaska was not worth it. So I would say No to the Premium balcony

We found it to be the other way around. The balcony was well worth it when we were coming into Juneau, and there were whales on our side of the ship. We could go out and watch and then when we got cold, come back in.

In my opinion Alaska is the best place to have a balcony. It is not that cold that you will freeze. The land is very beautiful.

Personally, I would get a mini suite with a balcony.

Diana

We found it to be the other way around. The balcony was well worth it when we were coming into Juneau, and there were whales on our side of the ship. We could go out and watch and then when we got cold, come back in.

You got my vote Rabbit.

Tony

All balcony cat. cabins have the same interiors. On the Coral "premium" balcony cabins are centered on deck 10 and have larger balconies, 9'x9' partially covered. Balcony cabins on other decks have 9'x5' covered balconies. There are a few cat BE cabins with larger balconies on deck 10 forward. Again, there is no difference in the interior. The difference is location and on the Coral balcony size.

Last two trips we didn't bother with a balcony. The Lotus Pool area has better loungers and multiple doors on both sides of the ship to move outside to get pictures. Just avoid the obstructed ocean view cabins directly above the Wheelhouse bar since these are noisy. By skipping a balcony we got a B2B for the price of one cruise. And saw Glacier Bay twice, four days apart.

We splurged on a premium balcony cabin on Caribe deck on Coral's sister ship, Island Princess, for our early September Alaskan cruise. We enjoyed having the larger balcony that was partially covered, especially when it was a bit rainy or misty. We could stay dry and more protected from the wind and still see wonderful scenery and sea creatures.

We were on the Crown last year just one deck above a premium balcony. It looked huge. In June we are going on the Grand to Alaska. This time we made sure to get a premium balcony on Caribe Deck. Cannot wait.

We were on the Crown last year just one deck above a premium balcony. It looked huge. In June we are going on the Grand to Alaska. This time we made sure to get a premium balcony on Caribe Deck. Cannot wait.
You don't need a "premium" cabin to get the larger balcony on Grand/Crown class Caribe deck.

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Forums mobile app

You don't need a "premium" cabin to get the larger balcony on Grand/Crown class Caribe deck.

Sent from my SM-G930R6 using Forums mobile app

Thank you for the Clarification. That is true. The premium part came into play because of the stateroom we chose. Although, when we switched from the Sip n Sail promo to the 3 for Free promo we ended up getting that premium balcony room for the cost of a standard balcony.