Carnival Conquest 4/28 last minute itinerary swap day before cruise. hey we get HMC!

Buffettfan 225

Ok last minute Carnival email the night before sailing. There has been itinerary change.

Not sure how I feel starting cruise two full days at sea. N a positive note we have gotten HMC vs Amber Cay now. I bet the excursion desk will be quite busy as in, ne still shows old itinerary & cannot ebook until boarding. I forsee a scramble for HMC cabanas. Just an FYI for those sailing. W have cruise insurance, does not cover itinerary changes. Although did read so eones post who bought Nationwide? travel insurance and received $500/person for iti erary change. Now that would have been a nice bonus.

Bon Voyage in matter hours.

Dear Carnival Conquest Guest,:D

We just want to take a moment of your time to provide you with an update on our itinerary.

We have been informed that the tenders in Princess Cays will not be in service for our call on Sunday, April 29, due to unexpected and necessary maintenance. We will be replacing our call with a visit to the beautiful port of Half Moon Cay. Additionally, we have modified the days and times of our port visits as follows:

DAYPORTARRIVEDEPART

Sat Fort Lauderdale, FL4:00 PMSun Fun Day @ SeaMon Fun Day @ SeaTue Aruba10:00 AM11:00 PMWed Curacao8:00 AM4:00 PMThu Fun Day @ SeaFri Grand Turk7:00 AM2:00 PMSat Half Moon Cay, The Bahamas8:00 AM2:00 PMSun Fort Lauderdale, FL8:00 AM

Pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions for Princess Cays will be refunded to your onboard Sail & Sign® account.

We're confident you will love Half Moon Cay, where you'll fulfill your private island fantasy and sway in the sweet breeze to Calypso. With its turquoise sea and powdery white sand, you'll spend a day in your own slice of paradise. Tours for Half Moon Cay will be available for purchase once on board.

Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to welcoming you on board.

Sincerely,

Just off the Conquest this morning. We had not heard that there would be an itinerary change this cruise. Getting HMC is nice BUT, only being there from 8 to 2 is just not enough time and getting a cabana or villa just wouldn't be worth it. IMHO. :cool:

Ok last minute Carnival email the night before sailing. There has been itinerary change.

Not sure how I feel starting cruise two full days at sea. N a positive note we have gotten HMC vs Amber Cay now. I bet the excursion desk will be quite busy as in, ne still shows old itinerary & cannot ebook until boarding. I forsee a scramble for HMC cabanas. Just an FYI for those sailing. W have cruise insurance, does not cover itinerary changes. Although did read so eones post who bought Nationwide? travel insurance and received $500/person for iti erary change. Now that would have been a nice bonus.

Bon Voyage in matter hours.

Dear Carnival Conquest Guest,:D

We just want to take a moment of your time to provide you with an update on our itinerary.

We have been informed that the tenders in Princess Cays will not be in service for our call on Sunday, April 29, due to unexpected and necessary maintenance. We will be replacing our call with a visit to the beautiful port of Half Moon Cay. Additionally, we have modified the days and times of our port visits as follows:

DAYPORTARRIVEDEPART

Sat Fort Lauderdale, FL4:00 PMSun Fun Day @ SeaMon Fun Day @ SeaTue Aruba10:00 AM11:00 PMWed Curacao8:00 AM4:00 PMThu Fun Day @ SeaFri Grand Turk7:00 AM2:00 PMSat Half Moon Cay, The Bahamas8:00 AM2:00 PMSun Fort Lauderdale, FL8:00 AM

Pre-purchased Carnival shore excursions for Princess Cays will be refunded to your onboard Sail & Sign® account.

We're confident you will love Half Moon Cay, where you'll fulfill your private island fantasy and sway in the sweet breeze to Calypso. With its turquoise sea and powdery white sand, you'll spend a day in your own slice of paradise. Tours for Half Moon Cay will be available for purchase once on board.

Thank you for your understanding. We look forward to welcoming you on board.

Sincerely,

There was another change, they flip-flopped the days, and times for Aruba-Curacao!

Originally we were,,,

Curacao 10:00am-11:00pm,

now it's 8:15am-3:30pm

Aruba 8:00am-4:00pm,

now it's 10:15am-10:30pm

Somehow, I think we'll manage! ;p

Yes, I am not sure Carnival realizd flip flopping, and then swapping Aruba/Curacao days they took into accont arriving in Aruba on a holiday - Labor Day is May 1. All shops would be closed on arrival day. So if some cruisers were focused just on shoppig it was like another sea day. A handful of shop stalls were open in the cruise terminal. Walked into town (can you say hot?) and saw maybe four shops open + Starbucks,

Just wish would have left itinerary original itineary and just skipped Amber Cay. Starting trip with almost on ship frm noon Sat - 10am Tues was a bit long, then changing a beach port from all day to 7-2 last day getting up early to tender & enjoy- makes tiring last day.

Yes, I am not sure Carnival realizd flip flopping, and then swapping Aruba/Curacao days they took into accont arriving in Aruba on a holiday - Labor Day is May 1. All shops would be closed on arrival day. So if some cruisers were focused just on shoppig it was like another sea day. A handful of shop stalls were open in the cruise terminal. Walked into town (can you say hot?) and saw maybe four shops open + Starbucks,

Just wish would have left itinerary original itineary and just skipped Amber Cay. Starting trip with almost on ship frm noon Sat - 10am Tues was a bit long, then changing a beach port from all day to 7-2 last day getting up early to tender & enjoy- makes tiring last day.

Oh bummer! And I somehow missed that you had mentioned you’d only been at HMC from 8-2. Yuck! I think it’s short enough with the “normal” HMC times! :(

yes, agree totally, the shortened last 2 port days where we leave beach locations early $ucks!

I do see on the first daily, it says back on board time for half moon cay is 3:15pm, gonna bet it's after 4 in reality!-))

Back on board for Grand Turk is listed for 1:30, yeah right! Again more likely 2:30 at the earliest, but we'll see.

W have cruise insurance, does not cover itinerary changes. Although did read so eones post who bought Nationwide? travel insurance and received $500/person for iti erary change. Now that would have been a nice bonus.

We just bought that insurance. Not $500 per person, though, just a flat $500 if it happens. Still nice to have.

Although I hope we do go to Dominica on our upcoming cruise, Carnival has a history of cancelling that port lately, so it's good insurance to have.