Full Face Snorkel Mask cost?

missdebi

Comfort and fit are more important than style when it comes to a mask and snorkel. Visit a dive shop and try a variety of style to see what fits you best. It will be well worth the effort. Expect to pay $50 to $100 for a good mask and another $30 for an easy clearing snorkel. After spending thousands to get to the lagoon, it make no economic sense to scrimp on equipment to have an enjoyable swim.

A couple of tips:

Put the mask on your face and breath in with your nose. If the mask does not fall off, it seals well with your face and should be considered.

Prior to swimming a drop of baby shampoo on the inside of the glass spread with your finger, then quickly submerged and taken out of the water will allow you to swim fog free.

This, and if you like to submerge, these masks are not good as you can not "clear" the pressure. If using a regular snorkel get a "dry" snorkel so you don't suck in salt water.

I'd recommend against submerging too deep with the full-face masks in any case. They REALLY squeeze your face if you dive deep and, with such a long seal, they DO tend to leak more under pressure.

For at- or near-surface snorkeling, they work pretty well. I have to admit it was a real novelty to actually breathe using my nose underwater and not get mouth "snorkel fatigue."

I would like to know more about this. The article states that only two of the nine people that died were wearing the full face mask. How is the mask the factor in so many people dying in 13 days? I've used mine many times without issue but I'd like to know more.

I would like to know more about this. The article states that only two of the nine people that died were wearing the full face mask. How is the mask the factor in so many people dying in 13 days? I've used mine many times without issue but I'd like to know more.

I've really only seen one article posted about the same incident. Some say that you might breathe in too much carbon dioxide, but it should be common sense to take a break if you start feeling dizzy or tired. Maybe the full face snorkels simply make people feel "too confident." I do agree that most who use them, myself included, are beginner snorkelers, so it maybe the increased numbers are due to increased number of snorkelers. I have seen a lot more people snorkeling these days than I used to ( myself included ).

Sent from my iPad using Forums