Full Face Snorkel Mask cost?

missdebi

Does anyone know the cost of the full face snorkel mask that you can purchase onboard? I have looked at Amazon but wondering the cost onboard to avoid having to pack them. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I do not know how much they are onboard though I'd expect a markup.

But I did want to point out that you'll have to pack them on the way home anyways so would have to make sure you had the room in your luggage to do so. May as well save yourself the money.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Forums mobile app

My kids love the full face masks.

These are for my grandkids- we are sailing the Vista 6/30- just got off the Ecstasy and meant to check the price but forgot.

Just off the Elation and my son had wanted one so we got him his at Amazon for 39.99. When we where on the ship my son pointed out the for sale that was like his. Except it was 64.99 in the case.

You need to more research! I was thinking of buying one. Until I read about this lady dying after using one. She was in Hawaii and was very experienced, but still passed away.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

Thank you! I will research!

I've purchased a couple on eBay for around $40-45 including shipping. Be sure to get the smaller size if purchasing for a child and check measurements (especially vertically) to make sure it won't be too big for small faces.

You need to more research! I was thinking of buying one. Until I read about this lady dying after using one. She was in Hawaii and was very experienced, but still passed away.

Any idea how she passed away?

I also was going to buy one of these until I saw a story it was also in Hawaii about a woman, retiree who was a strong swimmer and experienced snorkeler drowning. Her husband blames the mask but it wasn' stated for sure what happened

I also was going to buy one of these until I saw a story it was also in Hawaii about a woman, retiree who was a strong swimmer and experienced snorkeler drowning. Her husband blames the mask but it wasn' stated for sure what happened

I've heard that the exhaled carbon dioxide MAY collect inside some of these full face masks if not forcibly ejected as what happens in a snorkel tube. Think of putting a plastic bag over your head and trying to breathe, eventually all the oxygen gets depleted and only carbon dioxide remains.

Because a good many people who buy the full face mask are inexperienced snorkelers, this type of accident can occur without warning. That said, I know some folk who love their full face mask and it's allowed them to experience underwater life that they would not see if they weren't comfortable or knowledgable about using a mask and snorkel.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Forums mobile app

This, and if you like to submerge, these masks are not good as you can not "clear" the pressure. If using a regular snorkel get a "dry" snorkel so you don't suck in salt water.

I used one of these for the first time in Bonaire. I normally have a difficult time with the mouth piece on a regular snorkel mask. I was on the Woodwind snorkel excursion and they had a few full face masks and I wanted to try it. The owner gave us all fair warning to be aware if you had difficulty breathing or started feeling drowsy, to immediately remove it and come back to the boat. I'm happy to report, I had no issues and really enjoyed the snorkel stops. There was another tourist who brought his own mask and couldn't stay in the water for more than 3-4 minutes. I really think he had anxiety about being in the water which in turn caused him to hyper ventilate.

I bought the Tribord subea on Amazon for I think about $45. This was my first time using it, and I loved it! It took some getting used to, but I was snorkeling without any issue. I could breathe well, and it had no issue whatsoever. To me, an inexperied snorkeler, a normal mask and snorkel was much harder. I assume there is something to be said about what type of full face mask you use. Some don't have the most ideal design.

I bought the HEAD mask at Costco last month for $50, and just found a deal for a Yenl on Amazon. With the discount code and free shipping, it was $15! Hoping it is decent enough for my teenager to use.;)