Port Of Miami To Fort Lauderdale Airport: Post Cruise

lva3461

So Im cruising out of Miami on the Carnival Victory next week, but my flight leaves out FLL. My flight doesn’t leave until 4 PM so I have quite a bit of time to kill. My question is, has anyone taken any of the post Cruise airport transfers offered by carnival and if so was it worth it. I really don’t want to rent a car, so I’m hoping someone can recommend one of the excursions or an alternative method of transportation (that will kill some time) to the airport.

The three excursions that I’m looking at through Carnival are: The South Beach experience, the top 10 best of Miami and the Everglades tour. Has anyone taken any of these tours? If so, can you give your thoughts on the excursion? Was it worth cost, would you recommend and would you book this excursion again. There will be two of us on this trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Everglades are fun and exciting. Get to ride an airboat through the swamp and listen to a guide tell you about the swamps and the creatures living in the swamp.

South Beach tour can be fun if shopping is your thing, or if history, archeology and art deco thing also. Lot of free time to check out on your own.

I've done the Everglades one twice and plan to do it again next year. It's absolutely fabulous. You will not be disappointed.

And I've decided to always do post excursions because they make disembarking so much better!

We did that last year and stayed at the Bayside marketplace for a while and then took an Uber which dropped us right off at your door for whatever airline you’re using. Can’t remember the entire cost but it was something like $79, This was for an UberXL with four people

DW and I did the Everglades tour our Vista cruise in April. We enjoyed it a lot. We had a 3:55 PM flight and they got us to the airport in plenty of time to make our flight. The bonus was that the security line was very short.

• 7 months later...

I debating on either the Top 10 Best of Miami tour or the South Beach tour. Both say great for anyone with a FLL flight after 4pm. I have a 4pm flight. For anyone who has done either, what time did they get guests to FLL?

Hi Iva

Welcome to cruise critic.

In regards to the Carnival excursions...it's really up to you. "Is it worth the cost?", you are looking for something to do, what is most convenient for you. If that is the route you want to go just pick one that you might enjoy the best. (that's easy)

You don't want to rent a car. So what else is possible? No much. You could just book a shuttle to bring you to the FLL airport, and "store" your luggage. There is a service there that would hold them for you. Then you would be free to wander Fort Lauderdale, do some tour there. Again, use the internet, find something to occupy yourself. This site has a section "North American homeports", you can ask there about things to do in Fort Lauderdale without a car. I am sure you will be able to find something. All you are trying to do is to kill a handful of hours. Personally, my preference is to just rent the car.

hope this helps

I have done all of them.

The Everglades tour was fun and worth the price. the airboat is VERY loud so be prepared for that if you choose this one.

If you decide on one of the other two pick whichever one is cheaper and do what you want. Once you are on the bus they do not really separate the people and you can choose to get off in south beach ( where there really is nothing open ) or go to Little Havana which is a little more interesting.

2 hours ago, 19cruiser59 said:

I have done all of them.

The Everglades tour was fun and worth the price. the airboat is VERY loud so be prepared for that if you choose this one.

If you decide on one of the other two pick whichever one is cheaper and do what you want. Once you are on the bus they do not really separate the people and you can choose to get off in south beach ( where there really is nothing open ) or go to Little Havana which is a little more interesting.

Around what time did you arrive at FLL?

5 minutes ago, mdin said:

Around what time did you arrive at FLL?

It was between 1 and 2 pm. Our flight wasnt until 7:00 so i had hoped it would be later than that. but they want to make sure people are there in time for 3:00 and 4:00 flights.

Hope that helps!

35 minutes ago, 19cruiser59 said:

It was between 1 and 2 pm. Our flight wasnt until 7:00 so i had hoped it would be later than that. but they want to make sure people are there in time for 3:00 and 4:00 flights.

Hope that helps!

Big help, thanks. We usually have later flights, but this next trip our flight leaves at 4pm, so I didn't want to cut it too close.

I did this tour last December. We arrived at the airport just after 1 pm. I'm not sure what terminal you're using, but they they'd only stop at the first terminal. My mom and I had to walk a very long distance to get to the correct terminal. The reason they wouldn't take us to our terminal is because they say they're only allowed to stop once.

1 hour ago, midwestman said:

SAS transportation.  It's cheap and reliable.  $15 per person if paid in cash.  That would only be for shuttle service though.

Please correct me if i am wrong about this but I thought SAS would only pick you up from the port if they had originally picked you up from the airport as well?

I just used SAS a few weeks ago.  They picked me up from my hotel in FLl for transport to miami.  Picked me up after cruise for transport back to FLL. Although I would use them again, I don't recommend them for what the OP is looking for.  They would be at the airport hours and hours before the flight.