Should carnival have soda bars

geckoaz

I may be dreaming but in almost every American city a child cannot be at a bar...might be a good reason after reading comments on the “fight” in the Paradise and alcohol. Carnival should at least make safe space for kids to get a soda.

While I hate having to go to the bar for a soda and wish Carnival would install freestyle machines, I have never had a problem getting a whole can, rather than part of one. I bring my big stainless steel Tervis Tumbler and hand it to the bartenders. They always fill it to the top, even if they have to open more than one can to do it.

I may be dreaming but in almost every American city a child cannot be at a bar...might be a good reason after reading comments on the “fight” in the Paradise and alcohol. Carnival should at least make safe space for kids to get a soda.

Not sure how we made quantum leap to safety, but it is a stretch.....

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

What about at dinner in the MDR? Can they just ask the waiter for a coke or will they (husband and son) need to visit a bar before going to MDR?

the wait staff do not do drinks except ice tea/milk and water. (coffee, tea

youwill need to wait for a bar waiter to come to the table-- good luck with that.

we stop at a bar on the way to the MDR

This was not our experience. We had a team of 3 servers for our table and they got any drink we chose to order. It sometimes took some time, but we had sodas and adult beverages each evening.

Or you could just avoid the whole mess altogether and bring on a 12 pack of your kid's preferred coke and let them drink that.

That's what we do...we hit up WalMart before we board and purchase 3 12 packs of soda, which we generally don't even finish before the week is out because we're not big coke drinkers.

Your solution is fine for your family since you're not big soda drinkers. But for those families that like to drink their soda or those adults that like to indulge, Bottomless Bubbles and Cheers are the solution. Everyone has their priorities and we all need to realize that mist if the time ours will be totally different than the people in front of and behind us in line.

Same here, I would get it for all 6 kids. I planned on it originally until someone told me to check out this site and I started realizing from reading these threads that it wasn't fountain drinks, they get warm cans.
The solution to this would be to get a bucket that they use for beers and get multiple cans of soda placed in it. After chilling in the ice for 15 minutes, they will be nice and cold for your half dozen darlings.

The solution to this would be to get a bucket that they use for beers and get multiple cans of soda placed in it. After chilling in the ice for 15 minutes, they will be nice and cold for your half dozen darlings.

Great idea. They don't drink soda at home, but it's vacation so we're going to bring 12 packs and put them in the fridge in the room. They're super excited about that lol

Great idea. They don't drink soda at home, but it's vacation so we're going to bring 12 packs and put them in the fridge in the room. They're super excited about that lol
Got bad news for you.....the fridge in the room is not the best at keeping things really cold. Do a search on the boards, but I thought I read that keeping the door cracked actually kept things a bit colder. But if you are going to bring your own 12 packs on, it's one 12 pack per person on embarkation day, and you can also restock at any port and bring additional 12 packs on.

Got bad news for you.....the fridge in the room is not the best at keeping things really cold. Do a search on the boards, but I thought I read that keeping the door cracked actually kept things a bit colder. But if you are going to bring your own 12 packs on, it's one 12 pack per person on embarkation day, and you can also restock at any port and bring additional 12 packs on.

I think I'll bring water bottles or something for the kids so if the fridge isn't cold enough, they can fill their cup with ice and put it in there instead of using the can. Thanks for the heads up!

You mean 1/2 to 2/3 of a warm can. You do not get the whole can.

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app

Last last week on Dream, we got full cans every time we ordered with our Bottomless Bubbles. Sometimes it was a cup of ice and a can, sometimes they poured into the cup and gave us the cup and the can with the remaining soda in it.

I always purchase the soda plan, I have found that table service in the main dining room and the Lido deck is slow for soda program but I never had to wait for more than a minute or two at a bar. I sometimes gave any extra tip but not all the time.

Last last week on Dream, we got full cans every time we ordered with our Bottomless Bubbles. Sometimes it was a cup of ice and a can, sometimes they poured into the cup and gave us the cup and the can with the remaining soda in it.

That's good to hear. I'm glad they changed the way they do it.

It used to be they'd fill their glass up with ice and pour the soda in until the glass was full and keep the remainder of the open can for the next person who wanted a glass of soda.

Bill