I'm on Anthem of the Seas 9 night cruise right now

Had an incident, the other day in the Theatre. I waited on line for the doors to open. Wife & I had reservations for the show. I make my way down to the seats. Their are two women discussing how many seats they need to save for family & friends. I avoid them as they are saving a row. I move to go into the next row. One of them blocks my path to save an additional row. I become the bad guy for not letting them do their thing. I take a seat. I’m told that they need the seats. I could have easily moved. They turned the table on me. Family eventually comes in. Woman gets ship staff. I immediately leave. I get compensated to my satisfaction. I don’t understand what part of the English language translates to No saving of seats are permitted. Next showing had Officer Staff in front of stage to insure no repeat performance. I guess the rules are for everyone else. I know it would have been easier to let people do whatever they want. I wonder if they reserved the Solarium so they could all sit together. They should have just chartered their own cruise. Case closed.

Had an incident, the other day in the Theatre. I waited on line for the doors to open. Wife & I had reservations for the show. I make my way down to the seats. Their are two women discussing how many seats they need to save for family & friends. I avoid them as they are saving a row. I move to go into the next row. One of them blocks my path to save an additional row. I become the bad guy for not letting them do their thing. I take a seat. I’m told that they need the seats. I could have easily moved. They turned the table on me. Family eventually comes in. Woman gets ship staff. I immediately leave. I get compensated to my satisfaction. I don’t understand what part of the English language translates to No saving of seats are permitted. Next showing had Officer Staff in front of stage to insure no repeat performance. I guess the rules are for everyone else. I know it would have been easier to let people do whatever they want. I wonder if they reserved the Solarium so they could all sit together. They should have just chartered their own cruise. Case closed.

you are a far nicer person then me. If someone is saving more than one seat, I usually just sit there anyway. I do understand a bit now about saving seats as I have to sometimes save one for my father who has mobility issues. I won’t go into it much but he needs a hard seat with a back so he can get up off the seat with his cane. If the seat is soft and deep with coushion s, he can’t get up. Most seats are like that in lounges. He also needs an aisle seat for his legs. He also walks so slow so if I didn’t save one, we would never have a seat. Not funny but funny.

Even when he has not been with me, I sometimes will take one of those multiple (not one) saved seats. I just don’t care sometimes. and yes, I do make reservations for shows where you can make them. We are even in a suite so we get reserved seats but still saving multiple seats is so rampant. I feel for you!

I finished my vaca series.

It's long and I imagine only my family is interested but I'm posting it here anyway.

Here's all 9 days on my cruise in a playlist.

Watch "Anthem Anniversary Vaca" on YouTube

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I'm on the Anthem now. There's also a smoking area on deck 14 starboard side next to the Sky Bar. We're on deck 8 port side mid ship and can definitely smell smoke at certain times when we're on our balcony. The wind direction probably has something to do with the smoke smell traveling as well.

Where was the outdoor smokers lounge if you were on Deck 12? Looking at the deck plans, I can't see any smoking areas around your room 12678. We are in 10664 later this year. Is smoking on Anthem on the Starboard side on Deck 5 below, and you could smell it all the way up to Deck 12?

I'm on the Anthem now. There's also a smoking area on deck 14 starboard side next to the Sky Bar. We're on deck 8 port side mid ship and can definitely smell smoke at certain times when we're on our balcony. The wind direction probably has something to do with the smoke smell traveling as well.

Smoke rises. I'm guessing you are smelling someone smoking on their balcony, not from 6 decks above you.

Which is supposedly not allowed. So if that were the case, I shouldn't smell smoke at all since no one should be smoking on the balcony. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Smoke rises. I'm guessing you are smelling someone smoking on their balcony, not from 6 decks above you.

Which is supposedly not allowed. So if that were the case, I shouldn't smell smoke at all since no one should be smoking on the balcony. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

But as I pointed out a couple of pages back (I think it was on this thread), I have often seen people smoking on their balconies on the Anthem.

last day you can pre book packages?

Good Afternoon Cruisers

What is the last possible day you can prebook various Beverage/Dinning Packages prior too boarding ?? Is it 3 days before boarding ??

Yes, 72 hours is the limit for website purchases.

Do we need to have this in place to do on line check in ?? What do we need for this part ??

You can do online check-in anytime within 90 days of the sailing date.

Good Afternoon Cruisers

We have unfortunate news we are unable to join you all in on our June 28 Anthem Cruise as we’ve had unfortunate situation arise as disappointing as this is ... RCI really helped us out and we were able to transfer our booking to different cruise in August on Harmony of seas .. We will have to check out Anthem another time I thank everyone’s input along way ... Enjoy your sailing and Stay Safe ..

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

:o

Good Afternoon Cruisers

We have unfortunate news we are unable to join you all in on our June 28 Anthem Cruise as we’ve had unfortunate situation arise as disappointing as this is ... RCI really helped us out and we were able to transfer our booking to different cruise in August on Harmony of seas .. We will have to check out Anthem another time I thank everyone’s input along way ... Enjoy your sailing and Stay Safe ..

I'm so sorry to hear that. Glad it happened before vacation rather than while you were on it.

That's awesome that RCI helped you transfer your booking. Did they charge you an exorbitant fee to transfer it?

:o

I'm so sorry to hear that. Glad it happened before vacation rather than while you were on it.

That's awesome that RCI helped you transfer your booking. Did they charge you an exorbitant fee to transfer it?

Negative only $100 pp to transfer booking that’s not terrible for what we could have happened

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...