I'm on Anthem of the Seas 9 night cruise right now

Thanks for taking us along!

Regarding the allergies, for the poster who had the shellfish reaction, it doesn’t help if they ask about allergies but then don’t enforce the restrictions! My wife has allergies m, and on our Disney cruises they actually have her order from the MDR menus the night before, so that they can specially prepare everything and ensure no cross contamination.

Hope this works.

This vlog was made for family members that couldn't go on our trip, not a vlog for likes.

I'm gonna try and put together a video for each day of the cruise.

Watch "2018 Anthem of The Seas Anniversary Vaca Day 1" on YouTube

7e2b1926c6b2b3ef36583f3fa8873bb5.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

I'll try to organize to criticisms. I don't have any serious ones really..

FOOD

Overall the food was great. Even the windjammer; I really liked the stir fry station and the Indian choices.

*But my husband feels the orange juice was watered down. Not a big complaint unless you really like OJ like my hubby does. We only have Norwegian to compare to and they didn't water down their OJ.

THE ROOM

Loved the room: comfy and lots of storage esp. for 2.

*For the life of me I couldn't get the water temp in the shower right! I felt like as soon as I got a good temp I felt like it would change and I hadn't touched the knobs.

*Also there's only 1 shelf inside the shower and for some reason my travel size doodads would keep falling through the slats and that got annoying quick.

*Hubby thought the bathroom would benefit from a clothes line for wet clothes like Norwegian has. We dried alot of stuff on the balcony but I was nervous because I forgot those strong clips to keep the clothes from flying away. My soaked ATV sneakers took a week to dry completely - partly due to humidity.

*Later in the cruise, about day 8, I felt like the bathroom drain slowed down a bit and a very slight smell to the bathroom. Nothing overwhelming enough to get serviced.

*We had one moment right we were pulling into Bermuda where the TV starting acting up but turning it off and on did the trick. We did hear other people having TV issues too but not exactly as we did. The TV channels are awful anyway. Seventh Heaven and 80s music videos....

*No coffee machine in room. There is 24 hour (weak) coffee access in Cafe Promenade but it's nice to wake up, make coffee in your pj's, and sit out on the balcony without ever leaving your room, catching the elevator, interacting with people, etc.

*Also felt Norwegian gave more, and More creative, towel animals.

THE PEOPLE

*I swear one couple tried to get it on in front of us and multiple other couples in the solarium pool. It was gross and uncomfortable. They tried it in 2 different pools before leaving. Just ugh.

*Also, just people rude to the staff. ESPECIALLY in the wind jammer. For some of the guests, the staff couldn't work fast enough to fill their plates and the obvious groans and eye rolls were really sad to watch, esp. during a busy time where you could see on the servers face that they were trying their best .

I saw nothing but hard working crew members during my vaca and it really hurts my heart to see these entitled people looking their nose down at the crew. This happened in the terminal while leaving as well. Taking snotty to the employees cause you're annoyed you have to wait on the same line We All Do.

We're really blessed to be able to go on such a luxurious vacation and some people seemed so ungrateful. Or that they couldn't get out of their negative headspace, even on vacation.

DRESS CODE

*I think they're pretty loose with the code but we did see a guy with a sleeveless tank top in the MDR be asked to change into a regular shirt. This wasn't even a formal night.

*We did dress for formal because we wanted to. I couldn't care less what others wore. Everyone should be comfortable on their vacation.

GUEST SERVICES

They sent us a note that changed the date of the All Access Tour. The date they changed it to caused a scheduling conflict for us so we went to guest services and they said they fixed it. The day of I noticed by checking on the TV that it was still incorrect. We almost didn't get that tour.

*Double check their work.

It was a GREAT tour by the way.

*And they canceled the Galley Brunch with no notice to us. That was disappointing but we did see the galley in the All Access tour. Plus they did refund us for that.

TIP

*Don't go to the artisans village in Labadee unless you can handle a hard sale. And if you do go, bring change for a 20 caused they don't have it.

Or even to give a tip to the umbrella chair guys.

*The homeless in PR are bold about approaching you, even putting their arm around your shoulder and asking for money.

*The underside of the ship railings are sticky but we were told its their thick strong cleaner. Still feels gross.

VOOM

The internet was great, better than Norwegian.

*But we did have a period where we were kicked off. We visited the voom desk. They couldn't explain why but got us back on quickly.

***Overall I do think Norwegian had more to fill up a day. We found ourselves bored alot of afternoon's. But Royal has way more pools, which is a def bonus.***

The end!

Thank you for taking the time to share so much information. Really appreciate your insights on Anthem. I’ll be sailing on her in August and your reviews provide valuable information. Great job.[emoji106]

Thanks for the review! We board on 5/31. Can you tell me what strong towel clips you are talking about? I suppose I need to find a store that carries them since I can’t order them this late in the game.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh I forgot to tell everyone:

I was room 12678 and I wouldn't recommend it simply because you're directly above the outdoor smokers lounge.

The room is I think 7 floors above the lounge but i could still smell it from the balcony.

Oh I forgot to tell everyone:

I was room 12678 and I wouldn't recommend it simply because you're directly above the outdoor smokers lounge.

The room is I think 7 floors above the lounge but i could still smell it from the balcony.

Where was the outdoor smokers lounge if you were on Deck 12? Looking at the deck plans, I can't see any smoking areas around your room 12678. We are in 10664 later this year. Is smoking on Anthem on the Starboard side on Deck 5 below, and you could smell it all the way up to Deck 12?

Where was the outdoor smokers lounge if you were on Deck 12? Looking at the deck plans, I can't see any smoking areas around your room 12678. We are in 10664 later this year. Is smoking on Anthem on the Starboard side on Deck 5 below, and you could smell it all the way up to Deck 12?

The smoking area (bus stop) IS on Deck 5. Mid ships starboard. Someone, I think, is hypersensitive. :o

I have been on Deck 6 and not had a problem.

The smoking area (bus stop) IS on Deck 5. Mid ships starboard. Someone, I think, is hypersensitive. :o

Name call me as "hypersenstitive" if you want but the smoke was so noticeable that in the beginning of my cruise I thought that someone was smoking out on their balcony around my floor. Later I discovered that glass box directly underneath my room, although 7 floors down, was the outside smokers lounge. I smelled it everyday - more in the early morning (like 7am) than any other time. Smokers getting their first of the morning fix I assume.

All I said is I wouldn't recommend that particular room because I could smell the smoke. If you don't think you'll mind it - then by all means, take room 12678.

Also, I definitely think anyone traveling with children would avoid a room where your family could breath in second hand smoke.

Thanks for the review! We board on 5/31. Can you tell me what strong towel clips you are talking about? I suppose I need to find a store that carries them since I can’t order them this late in the game.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Wallmart for towel clips

I have been on Deck 6 and not had a problem.

On Celebrity S-Class ships, the smoking area is on the port side. We've had staterooms above on decks 10 and 11 and not had an issue with smoke.

Name call me as "hypersenstitive" if you want but the smoke was so noticeable that in the beginning of my cruise I thought that someone was smoking out on their balcony around my floor. Later I discovered that glass box directly underneath my room, although 7 floors down, was the outside smokers lounge. I smelled it everyday - more in the early morning (like 7am) than any other time. Smokers getting their first of the morning fix I assume.

All I said is I wouldn't recommend that particular room because I could smell the smoke. If you don't think you'll mind it - then by all means, take room 12678.

Also, I definitely think anyone traveling with children would avoid a room where your family could breath in second hand smoke.

I certainly don’t think you’re hypersensitive. (That poster poked at me at another board. I just called it bitterness).

Personally, I’m very happy you mentioned this smoking issue as I wouldn’t have known about that smoking room and what side it’s on. Knowing your room number would help many as they would want to avoid anything in that area if they merely didn’t want to breath in that smoke. That truly could make or break someone’s balcony experience.

Hi,

I just was on that cruise...........

Did not like The Gift thought it was very confusing,

The cabaret I was looking for something in line of "old school" I thought it geared a lot to younger crowd and not to all classes of people. Was surprised .......We saw many people walk out.

Sprasa, there actually is a very good (bad?) chance that people on nearby balconies WERE smoking.

I have noticed many people on the Anthem ignoring the rules against smoking on their balconies.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'll try to organize to criticisms. I don't have any serious ones really..

FOOD

Overall the food was great. Even the windjammer; I really liked the stir fry station and the Indian choices.

*But my husband feels the orange juice was watered down. Not a big complaint unless you really like OJ like my hubby does. We only have Norwegian to compare to and they didn't water down their OJ.

THE ROOM

Loved the room: comfy and lots of storage esp. for 2.

*For the life of me I couldn't get the water temp in the shower right! I felt like as soon as I got a good temp I felt like it would change and I hadn't touched the knobs.

*Also there's only 1 shelf inside the shower and for some reason my travel size doodads would keep falling through the slats and that got annoying quick.

*Hubby thought the bathroom would benefit from a clothes line for wet clothes like Norwegian has. We dried alot of stuff on the balcony but I was nervous because I forgot those strong clips to keep the clothes from flying away. My soaked ATV sneakers took a week to dry completely - partly due to humidity.

*Later in the cruise, about day 8, I felt like the bathroom drain slowed down a bit and a very slight smell to the bathroom. Nothing overwhelming enough to get serviced.

*We had one moment right we were pulling into Bermuda where the TV starting acting up but turning it off and on did the trick. We did hear other people having TV issues too but not exactly as we did. The TV channels are awful anyway. Seventh Heaven and 80s music videos....

*No coffee machine in room. There is 24 hour (weak) coffee access in Cafe Promenade but it's nice to wake up, make coffee in your pj's, and sit out on the balcony without ever leaving your room, catching the elevator, interacting with people, etc.

*Also felt Norwegian gave more, and More creative, towel animals.

THE PEOPLE

*I swear one couple tried to get it on in front of us and multiple other couples in the solarium pool. It was gross and uncomfortable. They tried it in 2 different pools before leaving. Just ugh.

*Also, just people rude to the staff. ESPECIALLY in the wind jammer. For some of the guests, the staff couldn't work fast enough to fill their plates and the obvious groans and eye rolls were really sad to watch, esp. during a busy time where you could see on the servers face that they were trying their best .

I saw nothing but hard working crew members during my vaca and it really hurts my heart to see these entitled people looking their nose down at the crew. This happened in the terminal while leaving as well. Taking snotty to the employees cause you're annoyed you have to wait on the same line We All Do.

We're really blessed to be able to go on such a luxurious vacation and some people seemed so ungrateful. Or that they couldn't get out of their negative headspace, even on vacation.

DRESS CODE

*I think they're pretty loose with the code but we did see a guy with a sleeveless tank top in the MDR be asked to change into a regular shirt. This wasn't even a formal night.

*We did dress for formal because we wanted to. I couldn't care less what others wore. Everyone should be comfortable on their vacation.

GUEST SERVICES

They sent us a note that changed the date of the All Access Tour. The date they changed it to caused a scheduling conflict for us so we went to guest services and they said they fixed it. The day of I noticed by checking on the TV that it was still incorrect. We almost didn't get that tour.

*Double check their work.

It was a GREAT tour by the way.

*And they canceled the Galley Brunch with no notice to us. That was disappointing but we did see the galley in the All Access tour. Plus they did refund us for that.

TIP

*Don't go to the artisans village in Labadee unless you can handle a hard sale. And if you do go, bring change for a 20 caused they don't have it.

Or even to give a tip to the umbrella chair guys.

*The homeless in PR are bold about approaching you, even putting their arm around your shoulder and asking for money.

*The underside of the ship railings are sticky but we were told its their thick strong cleaner. Still feels gross.

VOOM

The internet was great, better than Norwegian.

*But we did have a period where we were kicked off. We visited the voom desk. They couldn't explain why but got us back on quickly.

***Overall I do think Norwegian had more to fill up a day. We found ourselves bored alot of afternoon's. But Royal has way more pools, which is a def bonus.***

The end!

Thanks for your final thoughts! I'm leaving on Thursday for your itinerary. I've done the Anthem and the same itinerary (but on Explorer and got messed up due to a hurricane) so hoping to have a successful completion.

I can understand some of your small criticisms. I've been sailing NCL a lot more lately and going back to Royal this year. Both lines have their pros and cons. I think Royal's ships are better, especially pool and public areas. For the most part, entertainment is better. Service is probably on par. Food hands down goes to NCL. Organization and communication again goes to NCL. After 30 or so cruises, I've learned to take things as they come, don't overreact and put yourself in someone else's shoes...trust me, it wasn't easy to adapt to, especially when you had a great experience and a not so great experience. But the drink package helps ;)

Thanks again, especially for the compasses!

I've been in cabins 12668 and 12672 on Anthem and have never smelled smoke, but on one cruise I could hear loud laughter and talking coming from the "bus stop" late at night.

Just noticed your signature. You obviously really love Anthem. :D

I'm hoping you can answer my questions. We just booked the Anthem for 6/14 and tried to reserve for the shows and nothing is available. However only 3 shows were even listed. Do you need to reserve a show for every night. Or just certain ones.

I'm hoping you can answer my questions. We just booked the Anthem for 6/14 and tried to reserve for the shows and nothing is available. However only 3 shows were even listed. Do you need to reserve a show for every night. Or just certain ones.

There are only reservations for those three shows:

We Will Rock You

Spectra's Cabaret

The Gift

All others are first come, first seated, like any cruise ship shows. :)

Thank you for taking the time to share so much of the Anthem and your vacation. It was a great review and I loved the videos! I will be on the Anthem this July with family and friends and this information has been very helpful!

Thank you for taking time during your vacation to give a great review. Not too negative, and not too positive but a fair assessment of what you experienced. I am SO looking forward to sailing on the Anthem very very soon!!