I'm on Anthem of the Seas 9 night cruise right now

PS there's steps up to the North Star and an elevator. If you don't arrive in a wheel chair you have to walk the stairs. One family did not know this rule and had a member who would get winded by the stairs. They kind of made a fuss to the guy letting people in (he doesn't make the rules, just has to enforce them). In the end he called someone higher up than him and asked for permission to let their family member take the elevator and the man was able to.

When we sailed in January, my wife who has some mobility issues and not able to walk long distances or climb, was allowed to use the elevator without the individual getting permission. She does not use a wheel chair. There was also another woman with other issues in our group and no problem. No big deal was made of it. I guess it's up to the individual manning the North Star.

Happy anniversary. Just one question: Perusing the cruse compasses, I didn’t see salsa dancing anywhere. I thought it was offered on Anthem. I’m I missing it, is it just not listed, or is there no venue for it on the ship?

Day 4

We had breakfast at the solarium restaurant - which was basically a smaller windjammer buffet but it had all our favorites and more seating.

I forgot to mention the ice cream machine. It worked day 1, half of it was broken day 2, and it's been back working day 3 and 4. No worries, you'll get your ice cream in a Cone!

We called both our families (hubby's and Mine) through FB messenger. They loved seeing the ship!

We checked out our formal night photos and got 6 digital downloads (and a usb) for $99.

We went to Johnny rockets for lunch. They did have a veggie burger. Everything was great there.

We went back to the solarium pools/jacuzzi for a while and had a few drinks. Floated around watching the clouds pass.

I forgot to mention we got a towel animal. Puppy I think.

Izumi for dinner and it was ok. I liked my main marinated tofu dish but they messed my app. We didn't complain cause hubby liked it so I let him have it. But after the waiter came back cause he realized he gave us the wrong thing and said he'd give us spring rolls to make it up. We never got those. Hubby liked his rolls but we both thought there place was just "OK".

We went to a show that basically said Headliner so we didn't know what it was. Turns out it was a comedian who juggled, which doesn't sound impressive but he comes from a family of entertainers who have been on TV and entertained presidents. He was really good. He was funny and tricks were impressive. Don't miss David Lucas!

Now we're waiting a a tribute Journey band. Not a super fan but it's popular so I'm here.

And yes we have to watch it next top a couple who refuses to wear shoes...

Tomorrow St Marteen!d1f8e46de39c54479861dd7974ba7fbc.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

Following, enjoying your review! (Btw, you accidentally posted Day 3 Compass instead of Day 4 today lol. )

Ew, ew, ew, that’s gross, those people should put their shoes back on 🤮

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for continuing to post the compasses! Glad to see they have an island night deck party but curious as to why it's not actually on the deck and instead in two70...let us know how it is if you attend!

They eventually left, they were not at all interested in the concert and it showed because they were watching TV on their phone instead of the band...

Following, enjoying your review! (Btw, you accidentally posted Day 3 Compass instead of Day 4 today lol. )

Ew, ew, ew, that’s gross, those people should put their shoes back on 🤮

First and foremost, happy anniversary. Great way to spend it without a doubt!

Following the thread and very appreciative of the Compass's given the DW and I are sailing the same itinerary come 26 July. Can. Not. Wait!

They eventually left, they were not at all interested in the concert and it showed because they were watching TV on their phone instead of the band...

[emoji849][emoji849][emoji849]

Day 5

The ship was supposed to dock at StMartin at 1245 pm but our ticket said to meet at the theatre at 12. They said over the loud speaker don't do down to the gang way before your meeting times to get off early.

I don't know when you get off the ship if you don't have an excursion.

Before hand we went the buffet breakfast and packed a book bag for our jeep tour / beach day.

We gotp the theater at 12. About 1210 they gave info about towels and finding your excursion. We docked a little early.

I thought the theatre was gonna call each excursion to leave the theatre separately. Instead they called 4 at once and it was a HECTIC getting everyone out of the theatre. A real bottle neck at the doors. Then the down stairs which was piled with people who tried to get off early and were stopped. Then piles of people at the gangway exit who tried to get off early and we're stopped. Also people who had excursions but not at this time who were also sent to the side and not allowed to leave the boat. It was hectic...

We got off the boat at 1235 and found our way to the line to the van that took us to the beach first

Our drive to the beach was really nothing but wrecked buildings and piled up cars and boats. The tour guide "cheese" kept saying "this used to be a.... Hotel/school/restaurant/etc. But then Irma hit. And the government isn't helping the people". He really was a great guide, they're just not recovered yet and hurricane season is around the corner for them.

We started on the Dutch side.*I don't remember the name of the beach, we passed so many, but it was far into the Dutch side of St. Martin and close to the French side of Sint Marteen.

They took us to eat first. There's stand right in the parking lot of the beach. We got Johnny cakes (fried bread), ribs, beers, and sodas. I think it was all $15. Cheap for the amount you got and delicious. They had chicken and fish too.

Then we walked to the beach, got umbrella chairs ($ 15), and we're immediately approached to buy everything. Me and hubby both got our hair braided/beaded.

If you get your hair bead braided, tell then how many braids you want, like 10 maybe, not your whole head and get a price before hand. They said 5 minutes but 10 braids could be 20 mins and you may not want spend 20 minutes and $30 doing your hair when you only have 2 hours at the beach.

That being said, me and hubby did do it and it looks great.

The beautiful calm blue water with so much salt you float without effort. We still like Bermuda better tho.

There were bathrooms to change in (trailers) but only the Mens was available, one of the two stalls didn't lock and the place did smell like pee. Just a warning.

We changed and the tour guy had his jeeps show up at the beach. We thought everyone would get their own keep but he only had 6 jeeps and 20 guests.

Hubby did get to drive a jeep but we had a couple in the backseat. They were in their 50s and both had hip replacements, so they were happy to let will drive.

Many stops for beautiful views coupled with devastation. We did go to Maho beach and saw 2 planes come over the beach from the bar. Strong drinks. About $ 9 each.

We also went to some flag hill but the flag was gone. STEEP hill to walk but beautiful views.

Cheese tried to take us shopping but today happened to be a holiday so they closed shops/markets early. No shopping for us because what we bought on the beach.

We got back at the ship by 7, the boat left at 730.

We dropped our bags and went back to the buffet for island night. It was good but nothing like what we had at the beach stand.

There are things going on tonight but we're wiped and have an ATV excursion at 7 am so we brought back food for breakfast and went to bed ar like 930!

oh I forgot to mention, I finally had the pizza after the comedy show. It's ok. It's thin and soggy, like a Celeste microwave pizza or something. But it is cheesy and there's nothing else open so. .. It's good enough.

I think the comedy show ended at 1230 and the line was out the door for pizza!8e9ab6538d4b2b5ff2694a285e632107.jpg

A tip I learned from one of the staff members with the pizza. Is to ask them to put it back into the oven for a few minutes, and make it crispy. It's a night and day difference.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

more pix2744054ee0ccfda7886668bfd9cff94a.jpgcbf4cad8434ecb142fdb0133bc3116a7.jpg33043f1e9c4f83d0f5141f65d8a214a1.jpg71f48d7be84eb0cbd28a9c73af6447b2.jpg

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!! For posting pictures of your room decor. I plan to surprise my husband with the same decor. I was wondering how big the door magnet was. the decor is so cute.

Do you remember if lunch was available in the dining rooms on day 1 after boarding or perhaps at the Solarium?

Thanks!

MARAPRINCE

Lunch is never served in the MDR's on day one as to many people are trying to find and change their Table assignments. This is from the CC that she posted from Day 1:

11:00 am - 2:30 pm Solarium Bistro

11:00 am - 3:00 pm Cafe Two70

11:00 am - 3:00 pm Windjammer

11:30 am - 1:30 pm Coastal Kitchen (GS + and Pinnacle Members)

Noon - 1:30 pm Jamie's Italian ($)

PR day!

We got there on time 7 am. Ate our stale donuts that we saved from desert last night for breakfast.

Off the theater to wait for our excursion to be called. They did it better this time with calling the excursions 1 by 1 so it wasn't so chaotic leaving.

We found the line for the Campo Rico Ranch ATVs. Got on the bus. They want to see your drivers license right away. 1 person accidentally brought their learners permit and they weren't gonna be allowed to go (it was almost a disaster) but miraculously they had a picture of their real driver's license and were able to go.

The guide on the bus talked alot about the site's to see in the town. He also talked about how Irma destroyed everything in his home and he and his family had to live on MREs for 4 months. He thanked everyone who donated to PR when the hurricane hit.

We got to the ranch. Signed waivers. Me and hubby got bandannas to cover our mouths. It rained that morning and we def needed it.

Got helmets, got ATVs. We took 2 practice laps in a small circle before we were off. This was my first time on an ATV and i was pretty jerkey. I thought the guide Jorge wouldn't let me go but everyone was advised to stay 3 atvs away from each other so it was no problem.

Very fun. One girl got stuck on a rock but Jorge helped her . I think the fastest me and hubby went was 30 on a straight stretch. I dunno if ATV. Speed is the same as car speed. I was also a slow poke. An experienced person could prob go faster but you gotta stay with group.

Plenty of bumps and puddles. I did get splashed in the face multiple times. Arms / legs full of mud. It's a ranch so we did get to stop and pet ponies.

After the atving we went to the ranch bar. They had apps, drinks, and a bathroom to change in. Maybe even a shower, i didn't see . Buggy... Spiders and dragon flies... Just FYI. Not over run like infested but, it's a ranch...

Great souvenirs tho. Got coffee and hot sauce.*

30 min bus ride back to San Juan port. Got back by 12. We stopped at Walgreens for supplies and walked around looking for a restaurant. We ended up in Mojitos, don't ask me where it is - not far from port. GREAT MOFUNGO and pine coladas.

We walked the souvenir strip right by the ship and got in ship before sale away at 2

Had dinner in the MDR Silk. I had a butternut squash risotto which was good. Will had surf and turf and really liked his steak. Chocolate and cheese cake for dessert .

Somebody in the restaurant staff noticed I'm a vegetarian and asked if I like it. Showed me the veg option for tomorrow and said I could ask for an Indian dish or an Asian stirfry if I didn't like the veg option. Very nice staff .

We saw spectra cabera show which you would think was some risque show but it was not.

Then we went to the silent party! Everyone wears headphones and dances. To anyone not wearing the headphones they cannot hear the music and we all look like idiots.

It doesn't matter your age or even if you can dance. Everyone was there having a great time.

labadee tomorrow at 9 am.b8aeb1449aa8f3ba95ed10257c7a73d4.jpg2828c64d5a27ffab6ae862f2afab0fbb.jpgc5b89397d83bba198ae1a3b10ea05665.jpg

Thanks for continuing to post these...I went through and didn't see it yet, but on a 9-night Bahamas cruise Anthem had something called Red: A High Performance Night Club Experience in two70. Perhaps it is on Day 8, but it was on Day 5 on that sailing. Let me know if you see or hear anything about that, it sounds fun, interesting and different!