Live from NA May 26 - June 2, 2018!!

EeyoreRN

Fiddledudders! I sooooo hoped HAL finally saw the light and offered on all of their ships what they offer on some of their ships......hopefully they enter the year 2018!
It is a hard-sell. Carnival does it, I believe, because they see it as a way to buy themselves a never-ending supply of free advertising on the various social media services (F_______, I________, S_______, etc.) At this point, I wonder how many of Holland America's passengers are going to flood these services with free advertising for the cruise line, like Carnival passengers regularly do. I suspect that that will change over time, as the character of Holland America's customer base changes. They're working hard to attract those highly-valued 18-34 year old passengers, by doing away with some old features and introducing some new features to their cruise ships. However, it is a slow process. At some point, though, Holland America will change enough that the value of offering unlimited Internet plans will be an inescapable conclusion.

I think tomorrow is Glacier Bay. Please, if you have time, could you check to see if people are allowed to view from the bow on deck 10(Panorama). Our cabin is right at the front of the ship on that deck in Sept, and I just wonder if we'll be able to stand out there to take in the scenery....then I'll have to figure out how one gets there!

Are you dining at Pinnacle Grill? Look forward to hearing about it if you are, also want to see menu for 2nd Gala Night. And tell us about the special Chocolate Event that follows! Thanks!

No bow access deck 10. Decks 5, 6 and 7 have bow areas we were allowed out there the whole time we were in glacier Bay today and they served pea soup (free) and hot cocoa (charge). Deck 10 has a lovely outside deck area but it is aft of the cabins up there inshot some photos for you. There are forward facing ocean view and suite cabins on 10 that's why no access. Hope this helps.

23c62e4945cba62400f8e5ac7c7806df.jpgd2d7bf12e6f0cd94f1a8fb7cc6a3d9e7.jpg96c4fe5e6828748c4156d75ab1741159.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I apologize I haven't been posting the daily schedules and menus. It eats up very costly internet minutes. Here is today's When and Where. When I get home I promise I will post way more photos!029da07b35fc8c54ee194f557cce8ae0.jpg4e6311631764466e1a6f614163c5b717.jpg08be779b672ff52a2dd4001525106cd7.jpg6e4b6636648a7adc3a43fcfe3a49b0b6.jpg494de4e83d113e30cc29b67749c14574.jpg11aa26f8c30f7d8502cc3dddbd77f051.jpg

Great report so far - love the pictures. Would love to see all the daily activity papers - still hoping there is enough to keep up entertained.
There isn't something going on every minute. Not sure what you need. We find it enough and not overwhelming. We also enjoy reading in the room or a puzzle or game in the Crow's Nest.

There isn't something going on every minute. Not sure what you need. We find it enough and not overwhelming. We also enjoy reading in the room or a puzzle or game in the Crow's Nest.

Sounds perfect - I have read many posts that HAL doesn't offer much in the way of entertainment. Thank you for posting the Glacier Day schedule - looks great!

This is a possible stupid question from a HAL newbie - is there America’s Test Kitchen on board? I don’t see any demos on the itinerary.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes there is they use the same space as BB Kings. There were no frmos on glacier day. I will post other schedules.