Landing in FL and sailing from Miami

Yes, Toledo Ohio. Not that anything is wrong with Toledo. But it isn't exactly an exotic destination of choice. Nor is Ft. Lauderdale. Ft. Lauderdale is just so painfully generic. It's a decent beach and then "anytown USA".

I get that people here are intimidated by Miami, after all, cruising in general doesn't exactly attract the most adventurous and open minded of travelers. But I LOVED Wolffie89 having the xenophobic response of hating spanish speakers!

I lived in South Florida for years. Miami is a real city with actual culture and history. Ft. Lauderdale is nothing....

Yes, Toledo Ohio. Not that anything is wrong with Toledo. But it isn't exactly an exotic destination of choice. Nor is Ft. Lauderdale. Ft. Lauderdale is just so painfully generic. It's a decent beach and then "anytown USA".

I get that people here are intimidated by Miami, after all, cruising in general doesn't exactly attract the most adventurous and open minded of travelers. But I LOVED Wolffie89 having the xenophobic response of hating spanish speakers!

I lived in South Florida for years. Miami is a real city with actual culture and history. Ft. Lauderdale is nothing....

Oh, please, we are talking about a 1 night stay before a cruise. Most people are not planning to go to a museum or attend the symphony the night before their cruise. :rolleyes:

In December we are landing in FL & sailing out of Miami. We will arrive 1 day prior to our cruise. What is the most cost effective way to get from the FL airport to a hotel near the Port of Miami? Thanks

Tri-rail $3.75 weekdays $5.00 weekends

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Curtis, how does it work with 3 or 4 rolling bags and two people? Is there space for luggage?

Just like express departure you need to be able to handle your own luggage. They have luggage racks on each car staff there to help. Or you could take Brightline for $10.00

See article

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/business/article194068174.html

Curtis, how does it work with 3 or 4 rolling bags and two people? Is there space for luggage?

Bob if you come out of luggage terminal 1 turn right look for the tri-rail shuttle service stop (free) to tri-rail station purchase your ticket if you are going to downtown Miami get off at the Metro rail station google tri-rail for maps.

Bob if you come out of luggage terminal 1 turn right look for the tri-rail shuttle service stop (free) to tri-rail station purchase your ticket if you are going to downtown Miami get off at the Metro rail station google tri-rail for maps.

Thanks Curtis!

We're flying in the day before our cruise and renting a car from Budget at FLL and returning it in Miami. They have a free shuttle to the cruise port. No extra charge for returning it to a different location and it provides us a car from when we land until we leave on the cruise. Cost can be about the same as the one way transportation options and it gives you a car for the time. Good for dinner, last minute shopping or just the freedom to sight see.

One downside is depending on where you're staying you might have to pay for parking. For us still worth it.

I think you and your crappy opinions need to fall in the ocean. What makes you so high and mighty to put individuals down? (cruising in general doesn't exactly attract the most adventurous and open minded of travelers). And by the way just because you feel how you do about Toledo doesn't mean you are right! Born, raised and have many relatives there!

Car rentals in Florida are dirt cheap. You could probably rent a car at the Fort Lauderdale airport and then drop it off the following day at the Miami airport for around $30. Just take the shuttle from the Miami airport to the cruise port.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Forums mobile app

Some of the rental car companies such as Budget have a drop off office near the cruise port that will shuttle you to the port for free.

are you saying there is a FREE shuttle bus from the port to the Tri Rail Station? Is this at Port Everglades or Port of Miami. If either, when did this start? I’ve used Tri Rail for several years and never saw a shuttle bus to the Tri Rail stations for either port. Thanks for your explanation.

OR aere you explaining there is a free shuttle bus from the FT L airport to the Tri Rail station? Also, I have never seen anyone to assist us with our luggage at the TR stations.

From the Miami Airport station to the Port of Miami the taxi fare is a flat rate of $27.

are you saying there is a FREE shuttle bus from the port to the Tri Rail Station? Is this at Port Everglades or Port of Miami. If either, when did this start? I’ve

From the Miami Airport station to the Port of Miami the taxi fare is a flat rate of $27.

Fort Lauderdale Airport to the Tri-Rail station