Cancelling a specialty restaurant reservation once on board

We cancelled a specialty reservation on one of our cruises. It was more than 24 hours out. Didn't really pay attention but found out they had never credited our account or credit card. Took a couple of weeks of emails but eventually got the refund. If you do cancel on board make sure you have the credit to your account before you leave the ship.

Is there a time limit for cancelling a reservation once on board without getting charged?

I was told there's a $10 per if less than 24 hours, when I inquired on the BOGO dining plan.

I was told there's a $10 per if less than 24 hours, when I inquired on the BOGO dining plan.
This is posted in the current cruise compass today on Independence where it clearly tells you about the charge.

No VAT added to the $7.95 breakfast room service charge.

In Chops and Giovanni's the receipt shows 18% service charge is included but they do have a line for additional tip too.IMG_20180531_171056.thumb.jpg.02504b0011c6aba73b0d8bc3cff96a37.jpg

Supposedly it's 24 hours, but I have heard no credible reports of anyone being charged.

And to compliment that, I've seen people credited back when they canceled just an hour before.

If I book a specialty restaurant prior to boarding using OBC and I decide to cancel on board, do we get a credit back as OBC? It's a hypothetical but I can see it happening.

Yes, any cancellations onboard turn into OBC.

We cancelled a specialty reservation on one of our cruises. It was more than 24 hours out. Didn't really pay attention but found out they had never credited our account or credit card. Took a couple of weeks of emails but eventually got the refund. If you do cancel on board make sure you have the credit to your account before you leave the ship.

Have the same experience - RCI is notorious in forgetting to cradit back any money - you will have to watch and most likely to raise a ral stink to get your money back.

A cash acount is the way to got with RCI - to be in control of your money!:mad:

I think there's some time limit, like 24 hours, to get a full refund.
On our 5 night cruise we went to Chops first night and Giovanni's the next 4 nights.

Fantastic time I can't understand why anyone would want to cancel.