Swim trunks

july2012

Well since it was mentioned

I’m a little worried about the “goods” in wet bball shorts!

I thought that was the purpose of him wearing underwear underneath the bball shorts? To "keep things a bit more under control?" :)

But he is almost 18 so his choice to wear or not wear swim trunks.

Well, if it was likely to be a serious issue onboard (it's not) and if you were paying for his cruise (which you are), then you'd deserve a say in it...after all, his choice of bathing attire could have caused him to be banned from using the pools, and his graduation present would be lessened. But, it shouldn't be an issue.

As for me, I can take or leave that sometimes-annoying mesh liner (the "coarse" mesh is terrible, the really fine mesh is MUCH better), but I truly HATE the feeling of cold, wet bathing suit slapping my legs after I exit the water, so I've switched to wearing swim jammers for "serious" swimming, since they're also faster in the water.

Last summer my son purchased swim trunks at Old Navy and they did not have any liner whatsoever. I was surprised as I thought that was what made “swim trunks” different from regular shorts. He wears a pair of DriFit underwear (shorts) under them. The point I’m trying to make is that his swim trunks look like regular shorts, so I am sure wearing regular shorts for swimming/pool activities would not be an issue.

Let’s all remember, according to George on Seinfeld, there is the shrinkage issue. Maybe clingy nylon wouldn’t be the look he’d like.....

This whole thread has made my day. Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Is it ok to wear basketball shorts with underwear instead of swim trunks?

My soon to be 18 year old has hated the feel of the material of swim trunks for years but I have made him wear them when on vacation or public pools.

Now for our upcoming cruise he is like no way no more I hate swim trunks!!!

Not going to make a big deal of it, but would he be allowed in the pools and hot tubs on the ship?

Leave him home.

One new trend I have noticed that always made me scratch my head is guys wearing under wear under there swim trunks. Last thing I want on is a soggy pair of drawers under my trunks, kind of defeats the purpose.

Liners are kind of a thing of the past. Board shorts have been in for awhile and dont have any liner