La Mer French Bistro Pomenade Deck

Here's a YouTube link that may answer your question:

If you scroll down and look at the description, there's a direct link to La Mer at 40:55, just click on it.

It looks like it's just a "walk through" from one end to the other. I watched from 40:35 as the camera approached La Mer, that gave a better idea of how to approach.

Hope this helps.:)

Any one that has been on the Majestic Princess. Can you enter or exit La Mer French Bistro to the promenade deck to eat? Where are the doors that lead out to the promenade deck located on either side? Does not show on the deck plans. Thank you
It doesn’t appear that there is any outdoor seating associated with La Mer. At least one pair of doors is shown at 40:40 on the video just before La Mer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The photo of La Mer on the Princess website doesn’t show any doors to the outside deck area. Deck plans show a door at each end of Crooners & the shops on the Regal & Royal. The doors might be there on the Majestic/Sky because their deck plans are not always completely accurate.

https://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/products/dining-specialty/la-mer-french-bistro.html

The photo does show the narrow passenger walking area a couple of feet between La Mer & the Piazza’s curved railing on the right side of the photo. That shows the poorly designed location of La Mer that my friends & others have said is a reason for not dining there.

AFEF8256-4A82-4A86-83CE-302C876F335C.thumb.jpeg.00e07bb4f1ad6555c9193bba91ea880d.jpeg

I posted this on another thread:

Princess has done something similar to this at least once before. On the early Grand class ships, before the Crown Grill was introduced on the Crown Princess, there was a Tex-Mex restaurant (Painted Desert, Coyote’s, etc.) on the Promenade deck. There was no wall separating the restaurant from the hallway and everyone had to use to go forward to the Princess Theater. There may even have been tables on both sides of the hallway. This was the case until later major drydocks.]

Looking at the video, the layout of La Mer appears to be much worse than those earlier restaurants because the aisle way on those restaurants was separated and defined by a railing. If they decide to keep La Mer there should be a major redesign of the layout, potentially expanding seating include a portion of the Promenade deck outside.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If they decide to keep La Mer there should be a major redesign of the layout, potentially expanding seating include a portion of the Promenade deck outside.

With all the posts that said this restaurant had very few customers, I doubt Princess would want to expand seating there.

With all the posts that said this restaurant had very few customers, I doubt Princess would want to expand seating there.
The idea would be to reduce indoor seating to provide proper separation of the restaurant and walkway and then make up for that with outdoor seating. With the Sky sailing the Med and Caribbean the weather should be good for outdoor dining. They could also just give up on La Mer [emoji848]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

They could also just give up on La Mer [emoji848]

After replacing Sabatini’s on 2 ships with Share they cancelled plans to do it on a 3rd ship because Share wasn’t popular enough with passengers & thus it was less profitable.

There’s a lengthy current thread about the plans to replace Crooners with La Mer on the Sky which would be the 2nd time this has happened. It’s probably too late to change the Sky’s space back to Crooners but maybe it won’t be replaced on the 5th Royal-class ship after the Sky.

After replacing Sabatini’s on 2 ships with Share they cancelled plans to do it on a 3rd ship because Share wasn’t popular enough with passengers & thus it was less profitable.

There’s a lengthy current thread about the plans to replace Crooners with La Mer on the Sky which would be the 2nd time this has happened. It’s probably too late to change the Sky’s space back to Crooners but maybe it won’t be replaced on the 5th Royal-class ship after the Sky.

Id like to think that Princess may be able to abort the plan to scrap Crooners - their own data about Share would seemingly be persuasive. I also wonder if the reports of people no longer getting personal replies from Princess when they voice their opinion is actually a positive sign that the volume of complaints makes it too difficult to reply to each and every one. This again would seem to be a good sign if they aren’t indeed listening. Or, they’ve just stopped replying and are gonna dowhat they wanna do!

Id like to think that Princess may be able to abort the plan to scrap Crooners - their own data about Share would seemingly be persuasive. I also wonder if the reports of people no longer getting personal replies from Princess when they voice their opinion is actually a positive sign that the volume of complaints makes it too difficult to reply to each and every one. This again would seem to be a good sign if they aren’t indeed listening. Or, they’ve just stopped replying and are gonna dowhat they wanna do!

I’ve read the posts with the form letter reply & that the opinions are being forwarded to the appropriate people. My guess is they’re simply tallying the number of responses & passing those numbers to the appropriate people.

There’s a very loyal Crooners crowd but have not read any positive posts about La Mer. Friends who sailed the Majestic didn’t go due to the poor location...part of dining at a specialty restaurant is for the ambiance which they said is lacking at La Mer.

We sailed on the Majestic last summer. There is no outdoor seating for La Mer, nor doors to go outside. The area was used more as a walk through with very few diners. And who would really want to sit there and eat an expensive meal while people are walking through all the time anyway? It was very unappealing to me, including the menu.