Just off the Summit - ask away

adonisr

Hi - we are going Aug 5th on the Summit. We are not buffet people for dinner. so when we go to the dinning room. ? must men wear long sleeve shirts to dinner?

Haha, this is funny b/c my husband and I actually argued about this on our recent cruise! He brought no long-sleeved shirts and then was upset when reading on the ship that for evening chic "men will be comfortable in a long-sleeved shirt." It was NOT required after all, and he was allowed in the MDR on evening chic nights. He wasn't the ONLY one in shorts-sleeves, but one of only a few. So your husband can go for it if he's not worried about feeling under-dressed.

What nights were “elegant” nights? Thanks.....

On our 10-day cruise a few weeks ago, there were THREE total "evening chic" nights (a surprise b/c everyone said there were two!). They were on these nights:

Day 2 - at sea

Day 5 - Bermuda, 2nd day

Day 9 - Boston

Probably an unusual question but an issue I have a strange obsession about before every cruise, but did you find it hard to get a table in the Oceanview Cafe or chairs on the sun/pool decks on sea days? In other words, was it exceptionally crowded?

The Cafe is certainly more crowded some times than others, but there were always some tables available. DH & I generally grabbed silverware/drinks, chose a table, and then went back for food.

New question: does Summit's library have a "leave one, take one" section (i.e., leave a book, take a book)?

I can now answer my own question: the answer is NO. There were no shared book spaces in the library. In fact, although the library is a very nice little 2-deck space, there were very few books available in it overall.

On our cruise in June there were 2 event chic nights and believe me except for a few most outfits were anything but evening chic, so I doubt anyone would feel under dressed.

I definitely agree that most of the outfits for evening chic were not so chic! But my husband was definitely sorry that he didn't pack a long-sleeved shirts for those nights. (And with the blasting AC on the ship, being hot was definitely not an issue.)

On our 10-day cruise a few weeks ago, there were THREE total "evening chic" nights (a surprise b/c everyone said there were two!). They were on these nights:

Day 2 - at sea

Day 5 - Bermuda, 2nd day

Day 9 - Boston

I was also on the same cruise with bogey, and continued on for the following eleven night Independence Day cruise. I was surprised to see three evening chic nights on the June 17th cruise as in the past cruises 13 nights and less in duration have had two chic nights. On the eleven night cruise which I am still on we have TWO evening chic nights -- the evening of our first day at sea and tomorrow which will be our final sea day.

And while there may not be a large sign in the library folks just leave books for other passengers. I have already left some since we boarded on June 17th. The ship owned books will have a round sticker on their spine, and the ones left to be shared with fellow passengers obviously don't have the stickers.

Northern Aurora, so jealous that you are still on Summit! We thought our June 17th sailing was wonderful. Is the itinerary the same for the 11-day?

The current cruise is the Independence Day cruise itinerary which was introduced fairly recently and is done once a year (I realize I am stating the obvious here). The only repeated ports from the June 17th cruise are Bar Harbor and Newport. The Summit headed up to Canada for two ports overnighting in Halifax for Canada Day and then we overnighted in Boston last night for the Fourth of July. We also did have our US Immigration inspection again in Bar Harbor as it was our first US port returning from Canada -- the staff must hate having to organize an immigration inspection at a tender port.

Has Qsine changed to Le Petit Chef on the Summit?

This question has been asked frequently. I asked the hotel director, and was told that if LPC will be installed that would happen during the upcoming drydock scheduled for late Febuary -- March 2019. We dined in Qsine on the June 17th cruise and the menu was the standard Qsine menu.

Has the formal attire on formal nights relaxed as on many other ships? My husband is not sure if he needs to bring a jacket, a tie or or just a nice shirt. When we were on Princess in February it seemed that very few men were in suits, which suits us! Thanks.

Has the formal attire on formal nights relaxed as on many other ships? My husband is not sure if he needs to bring a jacket, a tie or or just a nice shirt. When we were on Princess in February it seemed that very few men were in suits, which suits us! Thanks.

There are no formal nights on Celebrity, having been replaced with Evening Chic :eek:, which for the most part is smart casual taken a slight notch higher. Some do dress up, some are very casual. This only applies in the Main Dining Room.

This question has been addressed several times but when we we're on Summit in June, most men didn't wear jackets even on Evening Chic nights. The only "rule" that seemed to be enforced was no shorts and no t shirts. Although many were in shorts the first nights and received a gentle reminder.

Questions - feel free to ask.

Loved Bermuda, in spite of not great weather.

Loved the Summit. Needs a face lift, but still a nice ship with a great crew.

Bayonne Customs Service - horrible. No other way to put it. They had 3 agents checking in over 2000 people. Typical US government operation.

We are cruising on Summit to Canada in September. Aqua class cabin on deck 11. Is there “overbed ” storage as in Solstice class Aqua cabins? CC pictures suggest NO; Celebrity pictures show it.

Hopefully someone on board now (or that recently got off) can answer this--

Can anyone tell me who the Concierge is for the Concierge Class at this time? I believe they are usually on deck 8 in what was the library at one time.

A friend is boarding on July 22 and if it is Latoya, I was going to ask my friend to bring her something.

If anyone knows, please tell me

thanks

Jed

We are cruising on Summit to Canada in September. Aqua class cabin on deck 11. Is there “overbed ” storage as in Solstice class Aqua cabins? CC pictures suggest NO; Celebrity pictures show it.

We were in a deck 11 Aqua cabin on the Summit for one leg of a B2B2B last fall. I don't remember any over-the-bed storage. We have been in Aqua class staterooms on two other M-class ships (Infinity and Constellation) and don't remember any of the S-class style over-the-bed storage in either of those ships either.

We will be boarding Summit in September for the New England & Canada cruise. All our previous Celebrity cruises have been on Solstuce Class ships. My concern is storage space in Aqua class ( deck 11 too) . Is their overhead storage over the bed? Any storage in the bathroom. The pictures on CC have us concerned.

Hopefully someone on board now (or that recently got off) can answer this--

Can anyone tell me who the Concierge is for the Concierge Class at this time? I believe they are usually on deck 8 in what was the library at one time.

A friend is boarding on July 22 and if it is Latoya, I was going to ask my friend to bring her something.

If anyone knows, please tell me

thanks

Jed

It was a guy called Molby on our recent Independence day sailing, June 27th through to 8th July

Edited by bluwes

We will be boarding Summit in September for the New England & Canada cruise. All our previous Celebrity cruises have been on Solstuce Class ships. My concern is storage space in Aqua class ( deck 11 too) . Is their overhead storage over the bed? Any storage in the bathroom. The pictures on CC have us concerned.

Was just on Summit on Deck 11. No over the bed storage. There was 5 or 6 drawers in closet area. In addition upper and lower clothing racks in a two door closet with a shelf above for the life jackets. There was 4 shelves on the vanity with a door to shut them off from the prying eye that I used for makeup, flat iron, cameras. The bathroom had very small drawers and a corner unit with I think 2 shelves. There is also a clothesline in the shower for wet items and the bedside tables had small drawers. We had to utilize suitcases under the bed for items that we didn’t use often (I.e, aspirin, bandages, those items I bought along “just in case”. FYI for those that care ... no magnets could be utilized on the balcony (didn’t stick to anything out there ... I usually take a magnetic cloths line (I know tacky) to hang smelly gym clothing on.

Sent from my iPad using Forums