Pickleball- what ships have it?

• 2 weeks later...

We played pickleball several days on the Serenade. They were very accommodating - blocked off 9am- 12 each day.  We blamed all of our poor shots on the small court, strong winds and rocking lol. We had at least 6 players each day. LOVE Pickleball! Thank you RCI

Edited by Jlmet64

On 11/2/2019 at 7:23 PM, Jlmet64 said:

Does anyone have a compass that shows Pickleball play on Symphony? Or has anyone played on this ship? Thank you in advance

They had open play Pickleball yesterday from 8-10 AM and it is scheduled again for Friday at 2:30 PM.

They don’t have any lines down so it is a bit of a guess for boundaries.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, anteldel said:

Do any recent cruisers know if Symphony has a Pickleball court?  If so, what was the schedule. TIA

As mentioned a few posts ago they had Pickleball on Symphony when we cruised her in November.  It is played on the sports court. They have portable nets but no lines so boundaries are more or less a guess.  They had open play two times in the early morning and a tournament one afternoon.

• 3 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, reynoldsrac said:

I will be on Anthem for the Feb 15, 2020 cruise and will be packing the paddles! 

Just don't expect it everyday -the Seaplex is a busy place with lots of other activities.

Biker, who enjoyed pickleball on Anthem.

• 2 years later...

Odyssey of the Seas offered pickleball everyday on October '21 cruise.  Had at least 8 show up each day and often many more.  The ship also provided decent equipment for those who did not bring their own or were just learning.  Every skill level form those just learning to a 5.0.  Had some really good games as a 3.5 with several others.  There were no lines but, thanks to a couple of well informed enthusiasts who brought some vinyl tape and a tape measure we marked them each day.  Worth the time to have several hours of competitive play and fellowship.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stonesthro5 said:

Odyssey of the Seas offered pickleball everyday on October '21 cruise.  Had at least 8 show up each day and often many more.  The ship also provided decent equipment for those who did not bring their own or were just learning.  Every skill level form those just learning to a 5.0.  Had some really good games as a 3.5 with several others.  There were no lines but, thanks to a couple of well informed enthusiasts who brought some vinyl tape and a tape measure we marked them each day.  Worth the time to have several hours of competitive play and fellowship.  

How many courts could be set up in the Seaplex? Could a full size court be taped out with room to serve? Were the balls OK? Thanks.

I will be on Odyssey in October. Good idea to bring tape!

9 hours ago, eel said:

How many courts could be set up in the Seaplex? Could a full size court be taped out with room to serve? Were the balls OK? Thanks.

I will be on Odyssey in October. Good idea to bring tape!

Hi,  I don’t think they will put anything on the floor because of the finish for the bumper cars.  We had already asked when we were on the Odyssey.

They do put up two nets and provide paddles and indoor balls.  We kind of made up our own court from lines that are already painted on the floor.  We bring our own paddles.

Pretty sure we are on your Odyssey trip (Oct 19th and 31st)?

Arlene

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, arste said:

Hi,  I don’t think they will put anything on the floor because of the finish for the bumper cars.  We had already asked when we were on the Odyssey.

They do put up two nets and provide paddles and indoor balls.  We kind of made up our own court from lines that are already painted on the floor.  We bring our own paddles.

Pretty sure we are on your Odyssey trip (Oct 19th and 31st)?

Arlene

Yes, we are on the same B2B. Will pack my paddle if space permits. See you there!

We set up one court each day on the Odyssey.  During times when other activities were not occurring (archery, basketball, aerobics etc...) two courts were set up.  We did put lines down each day and removed them when we left because of the bumper cars.  We actually were able to reuse the tape if we pulled it up carefully enough.  A little bit of a pain but worth it as we played at least two hours each day and sometimes up to four.  I found the biggest challenge to be the glare.  They have the ability to close the blinds in the Seaplex  on each window individually and actually closed a couple one day.  The next day they told us they could not close these few blinds because someone tripped in the "dark" when just a couple of blinds were closed at the end of the court.  Made little sense as the other end of the court has essentially the same lighting as closed blinds due to murals on the windows.  

We brought our own balls.

26 minutes ago, stonesthro5 said:

We set up one court each day on the Odyssey.  During times when other activities were not occurring (archery, basketball, aerobics etc...) two courts were set up.  We did put lines down each day and removed them when we left because of the bumper cars.  We actually were able to reuse the tape if we pulled it up carefully enough.  A little bit of a pain but worth it as we played at least two hours each day and sometimes up to four.  I found the biggest challenge to be the glare.  They have the ability to close the blinds in the Seaplex  on each window individually and actually closed a couple one day.  The next day they told us they could not close these few blinds because someone tripped in the "dark" when just a couple of blinds were closed at the end of the court.  Made little sense as the other end of the court has essentially the same lighting as closed blinds due to murals on the windows.  

Forgot to mention that yes, there is room for a full-size court but just barely.  Enough room to serve but the occasional return to the baseline could affect your backswing as you move back towards the wall.  

6 hours ago, stonesthro5 said:

Hi,  Can you tell me what type of tape you put down on the sea plex?  

Thanks

Arlene

Just now, jean87510 said:

I believe I saw pickle ball being played on the Symphony on one of the sea days a couple of weeks ago.  Quite a few people were participating.

We got off the Symphony yesterday.  They had taped lines for the courts but they were not really correct.  Someone complained so they took up the tape.  I talked to the activities supervisor before we left the ship because we are going back in two weeks.  They plan on painting two courts within the basketball court.  He promised me that the pickelball court will be back within two weeks.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

2 hours ago, arste said:

We got off the Symphony yesterday.  They had taped lines for the courts but they were not really correct.  Someone complained so they took up the tape.  I talked to the activities supervisor before we left the ship because we are going back in two weeks.  They plan on painting two courts within the basketball court.  He promised me that the pickelball court will be back within two weeks.  Keeping my fingers crossed.

wow, that's great!  Hopefully they put it on the Allure as well for my upcoming sailing.  I just got into it recently and love it.

On 5/29/2019 at 1:45 PM, genes1947 said:

Does Adventure and Harmony have Pickleball?  What other Royal Caribbean ships offer it?

Yes, Harmony has pickleball from 8 a.m. - 11 a.m. on the sports court.  I don't know about Adventure.

On 3/13/2022 at 5:12 PM, jean87510 said:

wow, that's great!  Hopefully they put it on the Allure as well for my upcoming sailing.  I just got into it recently and love it.

It was on Allure when we sailed her in 2018. I would imagine it still is!

• Like 1

On 3/13/2022 at 5:08 PM, arste said:

Hi,  Can you tell me what type of tape you put down on the sea plex?  

Thanks

Arlene

We used yellow vinyl tape, much like electrical tape.  It was only about a half inch wide but it worked well.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...