Update on Divi little bay?

JH31115

• 1 month later...

we were to Little Divi last month (November 2019), and I want to say the taxi was $5 pp. $3 to downtown.

Umbrellas and chaises were $5 each. It was extremely hot and sunny that day (but the water wasn't all that warm), and the sand was burning our feet.

We had a lovely time swimming all day.... Fed and petted two cute little homeless puppies.

The entrance to the water was a very steep drop, unless you went all the way to the left if you are looking at the water. Getting out of the water was difficult for both kids and adults - besides the waves getting you, the crushed shells scraped our feet and knees. The water was super blue and clear, and we loved swimming. Little fish were bopping us.

We had a wonderful time and would definitely return.

You had to make a small purchase to use "free" wifi at the bar, and it was strong enough to check your email on an older phone (samsung galaxy S5).

2019-11-29 13.31.09.jpg

2019-11-29 13.32.05.jpg

Edited by Itchy&Scratchy

Go to there website just google it. Iam sure they have food options but if you have not been there before go to the right of the beach because to the left they sometimes have people offer you free beach with all the add ons but it is a trap to sell you a time share and that will not be good for your beach day! Just say no!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
13 hours ago, SeaTheWaves said:

What's the current price of taxi from ship pier to Little Bay Beach?  $6 per person normally

Are loungers and umbrellas still $5 each? Yes

How is the snorkeling there?   Not great but enjoyable  Price? Not sure of price if you need to rent equipment.  Is there an age restriction for children?  No.

• 3 months later...
2 hours ago, duegwb said:

This is the Divi resort that’s is near Fort Amsterdam? When I look at google maps, there looks like there’s two of them. The other is near Front Street by Great Bay Beach.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

It is near Fort Amsterdam, a couple of miles from Phillipsburg.  It is about a 12-15 min cab ride with traffic. Allow at least 30 min if late afternoon with traffic.

It is near Fort Amsterdam, a couple of miles from Phillipsburg.  It is about a 12-15 min cab ride with traffic. Allow at least 30 min if late afternoon with traffic.

Does anyone know approximately how much a cab would cost to Divi Little Bay?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

We have been to Divi Little Bay several times post-Covid - most recently in February 2022.  I do not remember any problem with "shell pieces" when entering water.  On eastern side of beach - left side looking out at water - there are small stones that bother some more than others - that is part of beach we usually are using.  On other side of beach - west of pier - there may be some stones/shells but the entry is pretty easy for most people - most feel no need for water shoes.  The main reason for water shoes or flip-flops for some is how hot the sand can get.  I think more people are bothered by heat of sand than by stones or shells at entry.

• Thanks 1

• 7 months later...

Would love to hear from anyone who has been here recently. Is a resort day pass required? I see they're selling them for $40/person.  Or are we just able to rent chairs and umbrellas and order food and drinks? 

It looks to be about a 7 minute taxi ride from the port. Is traffic pretty bad in that area? Just trying to plan our time.

Would appreciate feedback from anyone who's been recently.

Thank you!