Questions re: Seabourn Caribbean

arzz

Cruise shopping and wondering - on Seabourn's Caribbean cruises - how often do they use the marina platform? What water toys are available to use when the platform is available?

Thank you in advance.

Cruise shopping and wondering - on Seabourn's Caribbean cruises - how often do they use the marina platform? What water toys are available to use when the platform is available?

Thank you in advance.

We were on a Seabourn Caribbean cruise in April and the marina would have been used at the private island stop which was cancelled due to rough seas. We all thought it could have been used during one other port later in the trip but was not. So not a sure thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've taken many SB cruises in the Caribbean, the marina wasn't used on any of them, only on Mediterranean cruises and it of course depends on weather/sea conditions and port. I wouldn't hinge my decision to take a cruise with Seabourn on it.

In four years of cruising I have never seen any marina deployed as you see in the brochures.

On the Seabourn caviar in the surf days they sometimes take some of the kit to the beach. However it will be weather dependent. The first one we did could not start until lunchtime because of storms. The second had to be abandonned after lunch so we could get back the boat safely.

Again. Ignore the repeated pictures of flat calm sandy bays in the brochures. Yes it can be like that - sometimes.

Tony

On the beach days are there water toys available? Specifically what water toys?

As Tony said above, it's dependent on conditions but they usually have eg canoes/kayaks, pedaloes (pedal boats), banana boat rides .

Snorkel equipment is always available on Caribbean itineraries, not just beach bbq/Caviar in the Surf day.

Again. as much as I enjoy Seabourn I wouldn't book a cruise based on a marina or beach day. Most of the time the weather and sea conditions do co-operate but sometimes they do not.