Discounting ,Carnival Share price

Kauaijim

A lot of us on this board hold Carnival stock for many reason including the discount we get from Seabourn . It was off 10% yesterday because of outlook. Just a thought , why was it a surprise to the market as we all get many emails from SB and other lines on deals and with new luxury ship inventory coming online, it’s a buyers market for cruising .

A lot of us on this board hold Carnival stock for many reason including the discount we get from Seabourn . It was off 10% yesterday because of outlook. Just a thought , why was it a surprise to the market as we all get many emails from SB and other lines on deals and with new luxury ship inventory coming online, it’s a buyers market for cruising .

I think you are right. Also Viking Oceans with 5 ships and counting which are booking extremely well. All those passengers are coming from somewhere.....:cool: I love Seabourn, I am Diamond with Cunard, have sailed HAL, Princess, Costa, Carnival and have to say that the Carnival Corp lines will be the very last to include wi-fi and other perks that Viking, et al. are including. Crystal, Regent, Silversea and others are cutting down on "nickel and diming" but it is alive and well at Carnival Corp. Not surprising that more experienced cruisers are expanding their horizons.

Carnival is up 61.52% since I bought 100 shares in July 2011. In addition, I have had $2,750 in OBC plus an annual dividend of $200 (that is another $1,200). What's not to like?

I don't look at short term movements (I leave that to the guys managing my retirement dosh). I bought CCL for the OBC and the dividend. The capital gain is a bonus.

Personally I think it is overpriced (at his moment in time) with some predicting a recession on the horizon driven by geo-economic-political factors. However, the cruise industry has become a lot less dependent on the US market since the financial crash. Just my two cents worth.

If an individual who will cruise anyway in a luxury ship line can gain with OBC as a result of being a shareholder then happy days. I have a price at which I will buy some.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

However, the cruise industry has become a lot less dependent on the US market since the financial crash. Just my two cents worth.

Which means more exposure to fluctuations in currency exchange rates:

Carnival shares dropped Monday after the company cut its full-year guidance, citing increased fuel costs and unfavorable currency exchange rates.

Which means more exposure to fluctuations in currency exchange rates:

At least some currency will be coming in. Aside from fuel, a cruise company given that they can provision the ships is local markets and indeed pay wages in other currencies if they wish e.g. can naturally hedge against currency exchange rates. Then they repatriate US dollars from US currencyS Just comes down to smart management. Not every business can do that.

At least some currency will be coming in. Aside from fuel, a cruise company given that they can provision the ships is local markets and indeed pay wages in other currencies if they wish e.g. can naturally hedge against currency exchange rates. Then they repatriate US dollars from US currencyS Just comes down to smart management. Not every business can do that.

Indeed! They will have a treasury function that is netting forex income against forex outgoings. Most large multi-nationals do that.

Carnival remains a well run and profitable business.

....... and the the stock market was down across the board. For those of us who have held CCL shares for some time the returns, including capital gain, dividends and OBCS, have been significant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Carnival is up 61.52% since I bought 100 shares in July 2011. In addition, I have had $2,750 in OBC plus an annual dividend of $200 (that is another $1,200). What's not to like?

I don't look at short term movements (I leave that to the guys managing my retirement dosh). I bought CCL for the OBC and the dividend. The capital gain is a bonus.

I bought 100 shares in 2013 fully expecting to sell it after my first cruise just for the OBC as I don't like holding single stocks but life got in the way and forgot to sell. I too was quite pleased with the capital gains.