Miami -> Ft Lauderdale.

Yes I did but the one way was £1200!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You do know that your return flight ticket that you do not use is usually changeable up to a year after the original return date? We have done this and reversed a transatlantic going the other direction and already had the return ticket. It worked out well. You must call and change it prior to the date on the ticket, obviously.

We now generally use choice air and book oneways.

Edited by wendychloecruiser

We started using Uber to get down to the POM. It cost us about $30.00 which included the tip. We are about 3 miles from FLL so the price should be about the same. It's cheaper for us instead of driving and having to pay for parking.

I need return flights but the airport transfer would have been one way.

All sorted thanks guys!

I managed to get a Virgin Atlantic return flight from Heathrow to Miami for £300 less than any Ft Lauderdale options! (Norwegian did come in slightly cheaper by about £30 or so, but that £30 I would have ended up spending on fuel to get to Gatwick as it's much further for me to get to than Heathrow.)

Woohoo, I say that's a win!

I don’t know when you are flying but Virgin are currently not using Virgin aircraft to fly to MIA. They are using Air Berlin aircraft with plans to refit next year, just be aware the quality of the seat etc is quite reduced.

I Found BA flights to FLL very reasonable booked Premium Economy for trip in December. Like some others have mentioned if you book early there are some great fares to be had. I also prefer FLL than MIA less stress.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Another alternative for those who don't mind moving their own luggage is the Tri-Rail. You can take it from MIA to either near FLL or to the next station which is more convenient to hotels. Then a taxi to your hotel. The weekend cost is $5 per person and it takes about 1 hour. I know this isn't for everyone but for those used to dealing with trains and public transportation, it is a good cheap alternative.