Steak Night & Specialty dining

JennJ99738

First time Celebrity cruiser. We're cruising on Summit August 12th to Bermuda. I was browsing this forum and read a post that said there is a steak night in the buffet where the chefs cook to order. The post, if I recall it correctly, said it was really good. I am trying to reserve a couple of specialty restaurant nights so I wondered if anyone knows what night this is during the 7 day cruise?

Any other information would also be appreciated regarding when good Main Dining Room nights are so I can avoid booking the specialty restaurants those nights.

Thanks very much!

As stated, steak is available, along with some other meats, every night in the bufffet. But if you're jonesing for a T bone or ribeye, think again. After all, it's a buffet.

Strip loins are available every night in the MDR ,(unless there's been another cut back).

Tuscan Grill is your best best for a good steak in specialty dining.

The only nights you probably don't want to miss in the MDR are on the Elegant Chic nights.

First time Celebrity cruiser. We're cruising on Summit August 12th to Bermuda. I was browsing this forum and read a post that said there is a steak night in the buffet where the chefs cook to order. The post, if I recall it correctly, said it was really good. I am trying to reserve a couple of specialty restaurant nights so I wondered if anyone knows what night this is during the 7 day cruise?

Any other information would also be appreciated regarding when good Main Dining Room nights are so I can avoid booking the specialty restaurants those nights.

Thanks very much!

On Summit go to the very back of the Oceanview Cafe. There is a cook to order station with fresh steak, chicken and fish.

Strip loins are available every night in the MDR ,(unless there's been another cut back).

When did they cut back the steaks on the every night selection menu in the MDR? That's terrible!

Thanks very much!

A bit off topic but you should join your Roll Call for this sailing and to start talking with others on your same itinerary. Here is the link:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2590218

This is a wonderful itinerary and a very nice ship to get to see Bermuda. Service and food are very good with a great staff. The MDR, buffet, and specialty restaurants are all quite good.

We've been there a number of times with RCI and have also done this itinerary before with Celebrity on Summit. I think you will enjoy it!

We are looking at perhaps booking this same itinerary again and if so will look for you on the Roll Call.

Enjoy your cruise!

When did they cut back the steaks on the every night selection menu in the MDR? That's terrible!

Glad to see from PPs that this hasnt become a thing. There was an earlier thread last month from a cruiser who complained that the steaks were absent from the menu. Can't remember which ship it was. Perhaps it was just a short lived supply problem.

A bit off topic but you should join your Roll Call for this sailing and to start talking with others on your same itinerary. Here is the link:

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2590218

This is a wonderful itinerary and a very nice ship to get to see Bermuda. Service and food are very good with a great staff. The MDR, buffet, and specialty restaurants are all quite good.

We've been there a number of times with RCI and have also done this itinerary before with Celebrity on Summit. I think you will enjoy it!

We are looking at perhaps booking this same itinerary again and if so will look for you on the Roll Call.

Enjoy your cruise!

Thank you! I was going to look for the Roll Call. Thanks to everyone for the great information. I am so looking forward to this. I chose this itinerary because I just want to relax without going to a new port everyday! I hope we'll be able to find deck chairs with all the chair hogs! LOL.

Thank you! I was going to look for the Roll Call. Thanks to everyone for the great information. I am so looking forward to this. I chose this itinerary because I just want to relax without going to a new port everyday! I hope we'll be able to find deck chairs with all the chair hogs! LOL.

You shouldn't have an issue - at least in the Solarium - with finding a chair. In our experience on Summit they monitor that situation fairly well and will remove reservation items such as towels, etc., if the chair remains unoccupied for an extended period of time. We have on a couple of recent cruises seen them use 30-minute warning cards for that situation.