Notes & Pics: Rhapsody of the Seas – Greece & Croatia – 6/23/2018

We were on Rhapsody last month and took a private airport transfer through Suntransfers.com back to the airport, Driver met us as we got off the ship and away we went. Very easy. Wasn't cheap but, worth it to us. 60.00 EUR

Thanks for the information; will keep in mind. Right now, since traveling solo, Royal’s shuttle cheaper for me. 60EUR vs $34. Others may find the information useful (sometimes I think solo travelers are the only ones who benefit from group transfers - as long as you’re not in a hurry!)

Did you notice how much they were selling the Deluxe drinks package on board for please?

Currently it is $50pd in my cruise planner.

thanks

There is sale now in Cruise Planner (I'm cruising 21.july)

Deluxe Beverage Package 36€, Refreshment Package 15€ + 18% gratuity.

There is sale now in Cruise Planner (I'm cruising 21.july)

Deluxe Beverage Package 36€, Refreshment Package 15€ + 18% gratuity.

Not on my cruise planner for December..!! $50pppd

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks for the review, we're on Rhapsody on a slightly different itinerary in October. Did you find that you needed to bring a lot of Euro's or did they widely accept credit cards? I haven't given much thought to currency just yet. Glad to hear the ship is in good shape, that was our first cruise in 1998.

Thank you so much for your review. We are looking to do our 25th on the Rhapsody on a B2B which includes this itinerary and we have our fingers crossed that it will still be offered for fall 2020.

I love the tip about the hotel in Murano but I promise not to tell anyone but DH. ;)

Thanks Luke, we're doing the same itinerary at the end of October. One question, how did you find the wait for the cable car when you got to Fira, and would you rule out the walk down the path? My understanding from other posts is the walk itself is fine, but the donkey poo obstacle course is a challenge!

One more question Luke if I may - Would you be able to give me an indication of the showtimes at night? I'm looking at booking MTD slots in advance. If you had the info from the Compasses, that would be excellent.

Thanks Luke, we're doing the same itinerary at the end of October. One question, how did you find the wait for the cable car when you got to Fira, and would you rule out the walk down the path? My understanding from other posts is the walk itself is fine, but the donkey poo obstacle course is a challenge!

Hi my wife and I did the walk last year and it was fine. Heaps quicker than waiting in that hour long line. We are late 50s and other than some donkey poo, no dramas.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We got in the cable car line a little before 2pm. There was only about a 15 minute wait at the time. I wouldn't rule out walking the path. From what I could see, it looked safe and not too unsanitary. There were lots of people walking it. I heard someone in the tender line discussing their walk down and she didn't have any complaints.

One more question Luke if I may - Would you be able to give me an indication of the showtimes at night? I'm looking at booking MTD slots in advance. If you had the info from the Compasses, that would be excellent.

I don't have that info off hand right now, but I'll check my compasses in a little bit and get back to you.

Thanks for the review, we're on Rhapsody on a slightly different itinerary in October. Did you find that you needed to bring a lot of Euro's or did they widely accept credit cards? I haven't given much thought to currency just yet. Glad to hear the ship is in good shape, that was our first cruise in 1998.

Many shops and restaurants did indeed accept credit cards, but not all. The entrance fee for the hike in Kotor was cash only, but the one in Dubrovnik took cards. All the shops and restaurants we visited in Santorini took cards. We paid for the cable card with cash, but not sure if they took cards. There are ATMs in many places if needed and we used them several times successfully. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable not having some local currency for emergencies, but that's just me.

If you're going to Croatia, keep in mind their currency is the Kuna.

Many shops and restaurants did indeed accept credit cards, but not all. The entrance fee for the hike in Kotor was cash only, but the one in Dubrovnik took cards. All the shops and restaurants we visited in Santorini took cards. We paid for the cable card with cash, but not sure if they took cards. There are ATMs in many places if needed and we used them several times successfully. I personally wouldn't feel comfortable not having some local currency for emergencies, but that's just me.

If you're going to Croatia, keep in mind their currency is the Kuna.

I had planned on taking some currency, just hadn't thought much about it yet. If we can find ATM's then I'm ok with that. We're doing Kotor and the rest are all Greek islands. Good to know about the departure as we have a transfer and our flight is at 12:15 out of Venice. Thanks.

Thanks for your review and fabulous photographs. My family and I will be sailing this itinerary on Rhapsody in September 2018.

Do you recall if the ship had the Coca Cola Freestyle machines, by any chance? Thank you

Thanks for the kind words.

Yes, there were freestyle machines.