First time on RC, need help

I feel lost here. I booked a cruise for my wife for her 40th birthday. This is the first cruise we've been on in nearly 10 years. Last one was on Carnival. I booked through a BJs travel agent but he's been hit or miss to get a hold of. Have some questions that I could use some answers on.

1) We're used to booking a dining time then eating with a group at a table. Is that not the case anymore on cruises? Do we book each day like a restaurant (or Disney)?

2) In order to get a decent price, we took a risk on the obstructed balcony view. We didn't know at the time where our room would be. I finally got our cabin assignment and it's in the lower back of the ship. I do get seasick in rough waters so is there any chance of me changing to something midship?

3) Lastly, I downloaded the RC app and logged in but it shows my reservation is greyed out and says it's not available yet in the app. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

You have your choice of traditional dining (fixed, early or late), or My Time Dining. What you had 10 years ago is what Royal now calls traditional dining.

Need ship, sailing date, and stateroom assignment to help with moving your stateroom.

With regard to the RC App, again, we need ship info.

I feel lost here. I booked a cruise for my wife for her 40th birthday. This is the first cruise we've been on in nearly 10 years. Last one was on Carnival. I booked through a BJs travel agent but he's been hit or miss to get a hold of. Have some questions that I could use some answers on.

1) We're used to booking a dining time then eating with a group at a table. Is that not the case anymore on cruises? Do we book each day like a restaurant (or Disney)?

2) In order to get a decent price, we took a risk on the obstructed balcony view. We didn't know at the time where our room would be. I finally got our cabin assignment and it's in the lower back of the ship. I do get seasick in rough waters so is there any chance of me changing to something midship?

3) Lastly, I downloaded the RC app and logged in but it shows my reservation is greyed out and says it's not available yet in the app. How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Lower aft is much better than high forward for movement although middle deck midships is the best location.

Traditional dining is usually around 6.0pm or 8.0pm.

You could ring and ask for my time dining where you could book nightly dining on line or just turn up and hopefully you will be seated fairly quickly.

You could treat yourselves a speciality restaurant for your wife's 40th birthday.

You have your choice of traditional dining (fixed, early or late), or My Time Dining. What you had 10 years ago is what Royal now calls traditional dining.

Need ship, sailing date, and stateroom assignment to help with moving your stateroom.

With regard to the RC App, again, we need ship info.

Anthem of the Seas, August 18th, I'll PM you our stateroom. Thanks!

Anthem of the Seas, August 18th, I'll PM you our stateroom. Thanks!

Unfortunately, PM is disabled on this website.

All we really need is the exact category.

Just checked the travel agents website. There is only 1 obstructed view guarantee available. Looks like you will have to make do with the cabin you were assigned. You could keep checking daily in the hopes that something appears however the ship is very close to being sold out.

(Appears only to be 10 cabins total left for the entire ship)

Just checked the travel agents website. There is only 1 obstructed view guarantee available. Looks like you will have to make do with the cabin you were assigned. You could keep checking daily in the hopes that something appears however the ship is very close to being sold out.

Ok thank you Ken!

Not on the ship just yet. This is what I see in the RC app. (See attached)

I know I figured out what ship you were on before you posted that info. What I am saying is that you are using the wrong app. You need to download the app called “Royal IQ” not the Roysl Caribbean app.

I know I figured out what ship you were on before you posted that info. What I am saying is that you are using the wrong app. You need to download the app called “Royal IQ” not the Roysl Caribbean app.

I grabbed that app as well once reading your post. I can't do anything since I'm not on the ship yet.

The OP should be able to switch to any cabin available in the category assigned. Do we know they were actually assigned the exact category guaranty?

I've sailed several times in the winter in a deck 6 aft obstructed balcony and it was just fine. You're likely to have smoother seas in August than those in Jan/Feb.

This area has great access to the 270. There is a heavy steel door entrance to the upper level of the 270 from all the way aft on deck 6. This door is usually unlocked both ways - only locked from deck 6 during big shows in the 270. There is even a handicapped elevator between decks 5 and 6 in the 270. This is very convenient to grab breakfast in the morning without dealing with the WJ or cafe promenade.

Thanks in advance.

We will be on the Grandeur in December .We booked our My Time Dining for 7:00 every evening .We made the reservations on May 2.