My Time Dining confusion

Hi -

This is our first time on RCCL - we are super excited and I'm a crazy planner.

We have my time dining - I was able to go online and book reservations in my planner but only early or late.

We are a party of 4 - is it possible to show up for dinner at 6:30 without a reservation and still make a later show?

Do I really need reservations - or will be be waiting for hours without?

Any help - tips - ideas are appreciated!!!!!

Thank you

Your best bet is to always make a reservation. Just call the main dining room when you get to your room and tell then what you need. They will be very happy to help you. If you just show up it is a roll of the dice.

Hi -

We have my time dining - I was able to go online and book reservations in my planner but only early or late.

We are a party of 4 - is it possible to show up for dinner at 6:30 without a reservation and still make a later show?

Thank you

Suggest making reservation if possible. 6-7pm seems to be a busy time and we often see lines waiting even for MTD. Without knowing what ship you are on, you can definitely make the latest shows - 9:30-10pm - but it would be really difficult to think you could make the early show at 7-8pm. Totally depends on what ship you are on and the show schedule.

Suggest making reservation if possible. 6-7pm seems to be a busy time and we often see lines waiting even for MTD. Without knowing what ship you are on, you can definitely make the latest shows - 9:30-10pm - but it would be really difficult to think you could make the early show at 7-8pm. Totally depends on what ship you are on and the show schedule.

We are on the freedom and interested in the later shows. Again - I appreciate the help

We were on freedom in February and had MTD. we had "pre booked" a 7:30 time slot and had no issues getting to all of the later shows. If we thought we were going to have issues, we just went about 15 minutes earlier and were able to be accomodated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hi -

Thank you

Not sure when your sail date is but have you tried booking your MTD times in your Cruise Planner? If nothing is to your liking (time wise) I would suggest as soon as you board the Freedom go directly to the MTD podium and see what time slots are available. You won't be the only one in line requesting dining times.Typically show times are at 7:00 PM and 9:00 PM.

Agree. On some sailings there are definitely more passengers doing My Time then Main Dining. Without reservations makes for longer waits during peak times...

Hi -

Thank you

I will give you my experiences, but there are only 2 of us. we rarely make reservations and never wait more than 5 to 10 minutes. We normally eat anywhere between 7 and 8:30 depending on shows.

If it makes you feel a little more secure, then make reservations. What we love about MTD is the flexibility to go and eat when we feel like it. Also, if you go to the MTD desk as soon as you get on the ship, they may be able to get you the time you want

We are a party of 4. First RC cruise. Adventure in August. We have MTD and have always preferred to wing it on our past cruises. (I’m on vacation, I like to just go with the flow). How bad will the wait be if we don’t make reservations?

We are a party of 4. First RC cruise. Adventure in August. We have MTD and have always preferred to wing it on our past cruises. (I’m on vacation, I like to just go with the flow). How bad will the wait be if we don’t make reservations?

Unpredictable, depends on many factors including the demographic and time of arrival.

When we were on our Alaskan cruise on Explorer, we had MTD and did all of our reservations for dinner in the morning, when we went to breakfast. We had no issues getting the times we wanted. I plan on doing it the same way when we go to the Bahamas in Jan.