Whispering october 18 ta

dusababy

We love sea days. There is always more than enough to do especially after a few weeks of port intensive cruising. Give it a try - you might find you really like it.

Sounds like an interesting group of speakers. I think we might have traveled with a few of them before.

CrusinPashmina - I'll be sure to let you know about the cooking class. We had one in Hoi An which was great. I remember EnglishUSA saying that the best shore excursion he ever went on was a cooking class in New Zealand. We have seen so many churches and museums that the occasional off the wall experience such as a cooking class or rappelling in Dominica is a pleasant change.

Thank you Emtbsam for your reply to my query re the list of lecturers on the TA of Oct 18th.

I am far from being able to navigate around a website like cruise critic but with your help and a great deal of luck I stumbled on to dusababy's list. Alistair MacDuff is a great fellow; I sailed with him before on the Silver Wind.

As I said I have signed up for Meet and Mingle so hopefully we will meet there. I am easily recognised as I get round the ship with the aid of a walker ( being disabled) (Ken)

• 3 weeks later...
A question. Would anyone know where the Whisper will Dock in Lisbon or how to find out that info? From what I can gather there seem to be 2 different areas that accept cruise ships.

SS ships generally dock at St Apolonia.

The big ships dock at Alcantara.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It's about a 20min walk from Santa Apolonia to Praca do Comercio altho' there have for some years been roadworks going on which confuses things a bit. Taxis in Lisbon are generally plentiful and pretty cheap.

Yep. A taxi fare app shows the journey from our hotel - Real Palacio - to Santa Apollonia as 12 Euros and 3 cents. A suspiciously precise number! Uber operate there too, I understand.