Help me understand Ocean Blue charge

Dejlig Ko

I just booked Ocean Blue last night for our Nov Bliss cruise and there was no up charge.

Do you have the dining package? There is no charge at the time of booking for those who do not have the dining package. Or, if you've already made reservations exceeding or equaling the number of dining package meals you have, then there wouldn't be an upcharge for this at the time of booking. In both scenarios, they are expecting you will pay the menu prices at the time you dine.

I just booked Ocean Blue last night for our Nov Bliss cruise and there was no up charge.

They must have changed it, which is good. We paid $12 pp in July 2018, and it was definitely NOT worth it. I would not eat there again even without the upcharge. Very limited menu, and while the appetizers were very good, the main courses were so-so. 10 very un-picky people in our party, and nobody particularly liked it. The other restaurants on board were much better, including the complimentary ones. It was everyone's least favorite, which is saying a lot for seafood lovers

DH and I have a reservation in Ocean Blue and I don't mind the up charge so much but if I'm understanding correctly, it's an up charge in addition to counting as one of our 3 specialty restaurant picks? Is it that good? Just wondering.

CM

I don't think it was worth it at all. 10 of us dining, and it was everyone's least favorite by far. The menu looks good, but is limited, and our halibut was overcooked. Appetizers were good, but the mains were so-so, and just not very good. We had the UDP and paid $12 pp, but I would not eat there again for free.

Do you have the dining package? There is no charge at the time of booking for those who do not have the dining package. Or, if you've already made reservations exceeding or equaling the number of dining package meals you have, then there wouldn't be an upcharge for this at the time of booking. In both scenarios, they are expecting you will pay the menu prices at the time you dine.

This scenario applies to me. Ocean Blue exceeds the number of meals in my dining package. Darn. I thought they changed the price.

But with the recent comments in this thread, I'm wondering if I should cancel it.

This scenario applies to me. Ocean Blue exceeds the number of meals in my dining package. Darn. I thought they changed the price.

But with the recent comments in this thread, I'm wondering if I should cancel it.

I rarely ever enjoy lobster as much as I think I’m going to. Most of the time these days I just ordered shrimp instead and find that I like it just as much. Although they do make fantastic lobster in New England! The last really good lobster dinner I had was in Maine! As you can see in the photo below they grow really big lobsters in Maine. 6e748d083881be4f46f798c5d26c1e25.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I rarely ever enjoy lobster as much as I think I’m going to. Most of the time these days I just ordered shrimp instead and find that I like it just as much. Although they do make fantastic lobster in New England! The last really good lobster dinner I had was in Maine! As you can see in the photo below they grow really big lobsters in Maine. 6e748d083881be4f46f798c5d26c1e25.jpg

We’re scheduled on the Escape this September. Would you mind letting me know where you got that delicious looking lobster in Maine?

We’re scheduled on the Escape this September. Would you mind letting me know where you got that delicious looking lobster in Maine?

I’m sorry but I forgot the name of the restaurant. It was a very casual place and the prices were very reasonable. If I remember I’ll let you know.

Haven’t been on NCL in a while. It’s great that they are so innovative. First introduce premium restaurants. Then introduce dining plans. Now introduce premiums to the dining plan. I know the first two aren’t unique to ncl but I’ve not seen the third yet. Used to be nice when you could get really good food included in the price of the cruise.