How Long Did It Take You To Reach Platinum?

JamieLogical

Interesting. Would you mind giving a brief overview of a cruise that went over a month?

Sailing out of Seattle on the Jewel, we did a fairly typical Alaskan cruise, Ketchikan, Juneau and Skagway; returning southward we ported at Victoria, Vancouver and Astoria, continuing along the west coast, stopping at San Francisco and Los Angeles. In Mexico we stopped at Matzalan, Puerto Vallarta, Huatulco and Puerto Chiapas. Next we ported at Puntarenas, Costa Rica before a full transit of the Panama Canal (which happened to be the 100th anniversary, 1914-2014). Last stop was Cartagena, Colombia before heading to Houston (Bayport). We stayed on board for the first NCL cruise out of Houston. Those stops included Cozumel, Belize City and Trujillo, Honduras. A total of 35 days. We were told the average age dropped 20 years on the final seven days of our cruise.

4 cruises for me. Under the old system.

5 day Pacific Coastal booked over 9 months in advance - 10 points.

5 day Pacific Coastal - 5 points.

19 day Panama Canal Reposition, booked over 9 month in advance, Latitudes cruise - 57 points.

7 day Western Mediterranean- 7 points.

Immediately followed by 14 day Transatlantic as Platinum. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

4 cruises for me. Under the old system.

5 day Pacific Coastal booked over 9 months in advance - 10 points.

5 day Pacific Coastal - 5 points.

19 day Panama Canal Reposition, booked over 9 month in advance, Latitudes cruise - 57 points.

7 day Western Mediterranean- 7 points.

Immediately followed by 14 day Transatlantic as Platinum. [emoji4]

With NCL you don't qualify for for the level change until the cruise AFTER you earn the points and they aren't credited until after the cruise is over.

With NCL you don't qualify for for the level change until the cruise AFTER you earn the points and they aren't credited until after the cruise is over.

After the Western Mediterranean, I was at 79 points. Under The. old system, 75 points was platinum, so on my Transatlantic I was platinum.

As long as a cruise was booked before they changed the tiers, they used the old levels to determine your status. We were bumped up to Platinum even though we only had 78 points.

After we cruise on the Getaway August 4, which is our 7th NCL cruise we will be Platinum. Excited to reach that level because of the free laundry and 2 free specialty dinners, so I booked a cruise for September too!

It took us eight cruises since 2014 with only one double points offer. We reached Platinum in May this year but have only been on / booked two-night cruises since, so have yet to experience the benefits...

Jade, July 2014 - Greek Islands (7 points)

Escape, October 2015 - UK (1 point)

Epic, November 2015 - Western Mediterranean (7 points)

Spirit, September 2016 - Eastern Mediterranean (24 points - double points Insider offer)

Getaway, June 2017 - Russia (9 points)

Jade, September 2017 - Northern Europe (8 points)

Spirit, January 2018 - Canary Islands (10 points)

Jade, May 2018 - Iceland (14 points)

No clue. I know there was a promo many years ago where for $1000.00, you could buy the perks. Needless to say, that promo didn’t last long.

I did the Wind in 1994, I think - that reservation is archived. I started cruising with NCL again in 2004 or 2005 and did about 5. In 2008, we were doing 8 a year, b2b2b2b, all kinds of cabins. We’ve been in all but Studio, Oceanview, Deluxe Owner’s Suite and Garden Villa. I have been on all the ships since the deployment of the Sky except for Pride of America and Joy.

We are honored to know the longest standing Hotel Director and the longest standing employee of NCL.

I am one of the original 32 Ambassadors, and David joined me 3 months after the announcement.

We are loyal to NCL and will be celebrating my 70th Cruise on the Breakaway in the Deluxe Owner’s Suite in January. :D

Though we have done TAs, our first maiden will be on the Encore, and before we settle down, we thoroughly expect to do POA and Joy. Happy Cruising !! :D

Oh Lord, did I hijack this ? Sorry mods :cool:.

No clue. I know there was a promo many years ago where for $1000.00, you could buy the perks. Needless to say, that promo didn’t last long.

I did the Wind in 1994, I think - that reservation is archived. I started cruising with NCL again in 2004 or 2005 and did about 5. In 2008, we were doing 8 a year, b2b2b2b, all kinds of cabins. We’ve been in all but Studio, Oceanview, Deluxe Owner’s Suite and Garden Villa. I have been on all the ships since the deployment of the Sky except for Pride of America and Joy.

We are honored to know the longest standing Hotel Director and the longest standing employee of NCL.

I am one of the original 32 Ambassadors, and David joined me 3 months after the announcement.

We are loyal to NCL and will be celebrating my 70th Cruise on the Breakaway in the Deluxe Owner’s Suite in January. :D

Though we have done TAs, our first maiden will be on the Encore, and before we settle down, we thoroughly expect to do POA and Joy. Happy Cruising !! :D

Oh Lord, did I hijack this ? Sorry mods :cool:.

You are talking about Brian Walters? I've sailed with him multiple times as well. I actually have been on an 100 cruises, over 170, but, have cruised all the major lines and spread my travels around. :) I'm almost Ambassador but not any priority with any bookings.

It's a great ride isn't it, and the bargains are out there and wonderful itineraries to enjoy. I'll see what happens with the Joy? (I just got off the POA a couple weeks ago, it's an amazing itinerary)

You are talking about Brian Walters? I've sailed with him multiple times as well. I actually have been on an 100 cruises, over 170, but, have cruised all the major lines and spread my travels around. :) I'm almost Ambassador but not any priority with any bookings.

It's a great ride isn't it, and the bargains are out there and wonderful itineraries to enjoy. I'll see what happens with the Joy? (I just got off the POA a couple weeks ago, it's an amazing itinerary)

Yes - Armando and Brian. It is a wonderful ride. We have met some amazing people. I did 5 cruises in my past life many decades ago, 3 with Carnival, 1 with Renaissance and 1 with Radisson Diamond. :) I’m hoping that by 2021, NCL will have a nice 24-35 day cruise from LAX to Hawaii and South Pacific for my 70th birthday. Fingers crossed. :)

I will be on that sailing as well!

I know :) and I look forward to meeting another logical person :cool:. I may end up cancelling it though as I have yet, despite 5 or 6 cruises to Alaska, been on a land tour into Denali. We shall see :).

• 1 year later...

It's been a long time since I originally started this thread. I am going to finally reach Platinum after my 8th cruise, which sails on March 15. I will be doing a B2B, so will get to enjoy my Platinum benefits on the March 22 leg of my sailing. Here is how the points broke down for me:

Escape, February 1, 2018 - 7 Day to Western Caribbean (7 points)

Gem, June 2, 2018 - 7 Day to Canada & New England (7 points)

Escape, October 14, 2018 - 7 Day to Bermuda (14 points - past guest offer)

Bliss, February 2, 2019 - 7 Day to Eastern Caribbean (7 points)

Escape, April 7, 2019 - 7 Day to Florida & Bahamas (14 points - past guest offer)

Escape, June 2, 2019 - 7 Day to Bermuda (14 points - past guest offer)

Bliss, December 1, 2019 - 12 Day to Southern Caribbean (12 points)

Bliss, March 15, 2020 - 7 Day to Florida & Bahamas (7 points)

I feel like just over two years and 8 sailings isn't too bad, considering this was all under the "new" system with no extra points for booking 9 months out and no suite/Haven sailings for extra points.

I am excited about getting to use my Platinum perks on the second leg of my B2B in March. After that, though, I am not sure when the next time I'll be sailing NCL is. We are booked on the Ruby Princess for an Alaska sailing in August and will probably do our next cruise in January 2021 after that. None of NCL's sailings at that time are currently appealing to us, but pricing may change that as time progresses. Realistically, May of 2021 is looking like our next NCL sailing.

I am now Platinum after five cruises: (the triple points for the Epic was a great bonus that no longer exists). After my next two booked cruises, 21 days and 9 days, both Latitudes double points,  I'll be two or three cruises  from Platinum Plus.

June 24, 2006 8-Day Eastern Caribbean   Norwegian Spirit Balcony 8
August 22, 2015 7-Day 7-Day Bahamas & Florida From New York   Norwegian Gem Mini-Suite 7
November 12, 2016 7-Day 7-Day Eastern Caribbean From Orlando (Port     Norwegian Epic Balcony 21
April 15, 2018 12-Day 12-Day Transatlantic From New York   Norwegian Breakaway Balcony 24
April 27, 2019 12-Day 12-Day Transatlantic From New York   Norwegian Getaway Balcony 24

Like JamieLogical  slow and steady will get you there - - - Congrats enjoy the metal (Platinum) ride

Getting to Ambassador Latitudes (700 points) - try 100-7 day basic cruises - awfully tortoise slow

But really after Platinum there is no real hurry to up the race ante -

NCL really needs to rethink the Latitudes steps-categories for its elite frequent loyal guests

From 175 points to 700 it is a long l-o-n-g way to Tipperary

For each 100 point increment - a faux bottle of NCL finest bottle of Champagne -or- a bottle of wine

even perhaps an additional free specialty dinner would not be out of order and more meaningful than

that free 7 day cruise at 700 points !

Fast Tracking the System - - -

Each cruise day gives you -1- point

Booking a suite (Haven) gives -1- additional point

And finally booking an Inside Offer (Past Guest) gives -1- more additional point

Thus triple points can be made on select sailings

7 day cruises with suite and past/insider guest offer - equals 21 points

Do this 4 times and voila Platinum - - -

But this an expensive fast track not for everyone.

The best I had was a -14- day Panama Canal cruise - in a suite - booked 9 months* - and an Insider Offer** ---

Result was 56 points   

* program no longer in play

** Insider Offers variable select sailings and not offered consistently

My game plan is to book 10 day or more cruises in a suite and if the Insider/PastGuest Offer is there a bonus !

Last cruise was Platinum + - now looking for that long l-o-n-g cruise to Tipperary !

Cruise History points - - -

NCL JEWEL 15500 Seward-Vancouver 9/16------------------------------21 (7day suite IO) ----- Platinum +

NCL Dawn 14000, Quebec-Boston B2B 2nd leg 10/19-10/26----------21 (7day suite IO) ----- Platinum

NCL Dawn 11530, Boston-Quebec B2B 1st leg 10/12-10/19------------14 (7 day suite) ------ Platinum

NCL Sun, 1203, Ship Positioning YVR-SFO 9/17---------------------------30 (10day suite IO)  ----- Platinum

NCL Dawn, 12522, Boston-Quebec City-Boston B2B 9/16---------------42 (14day suite IO 2leg) ----- Platinum

NCL Dawn, 12030, Western Caribbean MSY-MSY 1/15-------------------21 (7day suite IO) ----- Platinum

NCL Star, 12012, Panama Canal WB MIA-LAX 10/14----------------------56 (14day suite IO 9*) ----- Gold

NCL Sun, 1010, SB Alaska ANC-YVR 07/13 -----------------------------------7 (base) ----- Bronze