How Long Did It Take You To Reach Platinum?

JamieLogical

My first cruise with NCL was last year. 10 days, on the Gem. Got 30 points under the old system, which took me straight to silver. Have the Epic TA 13 days (Haven and insider points) booked for November which after that will take me to gold. Jade TA for April 14 days in the Haven. Will take me to platinum. 3 cruises in 2 years. Pretty stoked with that.

How long do your points/status last with NCL?

How long do your points/status last with NCL?

A lifetime - as long as you make certain to have your Latitude number available IF you stop cruising for a period (years) and then decide to go back to cruising. :)

A lifetime - as long as you make certain to have your Latitude number available IF you stop cruising for a period (years) and then decide to go back to cruising. :)

Thanks. I was hoping to hear that. I thought it maybe like flying if you didn’t continue to cruise you lost your status.

Good to know. Thanks again

Amazingly I will be Platinum after only 5 cruises thanks to a couple of double points cruises and taking a 12 day last year and a 15 day this year. After two 7 day cruises, and the 12 day, I was just shy of gold. After the next cruise, I will be just shy of platinum and it will take only one more 7 day cruise to reach platinum.

On the subject of latitudes it says something along the lines of "points not accrued for travel agent rates" I booked through AAA but their rate was the same as NCL will I still get points since it wasn't a special rate, she literally called NCL and booked while I was there.

We took a 29 day btb Canal and Alaska inside cabin booked more than 9 months ahead of time, got 58 points and made platinum on our 4th cruise, all inside cabins. Are platinum plus now, but ignore all the ideas that we will ever be higher.

It took us 5 cruises in 12 years to get to platinum level with NCL. There were also 6 cruises with other cruise lines, during those 12 years. We have a 11 day sailing out of Rome in 32 days and a 15 day Transatlantic coming up in April of next year. Then we will only need a 7 day NCL Cruise to move into Platinum Plus. Still a long way from Ambassador!

On the subject of latitudes it says something along the lines of "points not accrued for travel agent rates" I booked through AAA but their rate was the same as NCL will I still get points since it wasn't a special rate, she literally called NCL and booked while I was there.

This is actually referring to travel industry /interline rates etc. Which are discounted for employees/retirees. Not, cruises "booked" by travel agent at public rates.

How do I find out if the cruise I'm booked on is going to give me double pts?

If you want to know if it is one of the cruises with the "Past Guest Offer" you should be able to look up your sailing on the NCL web site and it should show up along with the other promos available with that sailing, like "Free At Sea" and "Free Onboard Spend". If you are in a suite or above (not mini-suite) you should receive an extra point per night as well. Finally, if you booked the cruise more than 9 months out prior to February 2017, you should also still receive on extra point per night, grandfathered in from the previous Latitudes rules.

If you want to know if it is one of the cruises with the "Past Guest Offer" you should be able to look up your sailing on the NCL web site and it should show up along with the other promos available with that sailing, like "Free At Sea" and "Free Onboard Spend". If you are in a suite or above (not mini-suite) you should receive an extra point per night as well. Finally, if you booked the cruise more than 9 months out prior to February 2017, you should also still receive on extra point per night, grandfathered in from the previous Latitudes rules.

Thank you! It will be double points with the past guest offer, woo hoo ;p

I know that the Latitudes Tiers changed fairly recently and a lot of you were Platinum long before that, but I am curious how many years it took you to reach your Platinum or Platinum Plus status.

I just started cruising this past February. Will be going on my third NCL cruise in October, which is one of the cruises that awards double points. So I should reach Silver during my scheduled cruise on the Bliss NEXT February. That means I will have essentially gotten to Silver in a year, but I will still have a VERY long way to go until Platinum.

We have been on 6 different cruise lines and are low on all of them.

Not there yet, but will be after the next B2B cruise.

9/15 Getaway 7 day => 7 pts

1/16 Spirit 14 day B2B => 14 pts, 21 total

1/17 Epic 7 day booked 9 months out => 14 pts, 35 total

1/18 Jade 10 day => 10 pts, 45 total

1/19 Dawn 21 day B2B Lattitudes double, 42 pts, 87 total.

First NCL cruise Oct 2014 = 70 pts., second cruise Feb 2015 = 7 pts. Total = 77 pts. 5 months. First cruise was a 35-day repo (Seattle to Houston) booked almost a year in advance, double points.

Interesting. Would you mind giving a brief overview of a cruise that went over a month?

Took 8 cruises between 1999 & 2017. 6 7-nights, 1 10-night & 1 5-night. double points on 3 of the 7 night cruises - 1 for 9 months in advance, 1 for insider & 1 in a suite (actually a mini-suite but NCL has it listed as a suite).

We were actually 2 points short after the 8th cruise, but grandfathered in under the old levels because we booked it before the change.