Need Rome Hotel recommendations Pre cruise for June 2019

Moxiefurball

looking for some recommendations for an Rome hotel pre cruise for June 2019..

First is it too early to book ?. I know you can book without paying a deposit so it seems like a no brainer but the prices seem a little high. When these hotel sites say there are only “ 2 rooms left” is that true or bogus?

Any hotels within close proximity to Piazza Navonna or Pantheon preferred. nice breakfast ,

In Rome it's best to book directly through the hotel rather than on an aggregator website.

Prices are quite high in central Rome in the peak season!

Some hotels I've stayed in that are within the OP's desired area include: Albergo del Senato (expensive); Albergo Santa Chiara (a bit less expensive), and 9Hotel Cesari (less expensive). A hotel near Piazza Navona with some good rates is Hotel Navona, situated in an old building but with updated rooms.

Keep in mind that rooms are generally small in Europe, especially in hotels in the city center. But the convenience of being centrally located is worth it -- how much time will you actually spend in your room, when you're in Rome?

In Rome it's best to book directly through the hotel rather than on an aggregator website.

Prices are quite high in central Rome in the peak season!

Some hotels I've stayed in that are within the OP's desired area include: Albergo del Senato (expensive); Albergo Santa Chiara (a bit less expensive), and 9Hotel Cesari (less expensive). A hotel near Piazza Navona with some good rates is Hotel Navona, situated in an old building but with updated rooms.

Keep in mind that rooms are generally small in Europe, especially in hotels in the city center. But the convenience of being centrally located is worth it -- how much time will you actually spend in your room, when you're in Rome?

I am considering a NH Hotel hotel near the Vatican, however, it seems like most people stay near Trevi Fountain, Colosseum etc. Are there pros and cons with regards to location?

I am considering a NH Hotel hotel near the Vatican, however, it seems like most people stay near Trevi Fountain, Colosseum etc. Are there pros and cons with regards to location?

The Vatican is farthest away of all the main sites. I would not stay there unless I was planning to spend the majority of my time AT the Vatican.

If you stay centrally, you can walk to almost every other site -- Pantheon, Trevi Fountain, Piazza Navona, Forum/Colosseum, etc. You'd only need transportation to get to the Vatican. (Or alternatively a long walk.)

We stayed at Hotel Farnese near Campo di Fiori. It was easy to walk everywhere from there. The rooms were fine and they had a really nice breakfast included. They also have a rooftop patio that was quiet and lovely whenever we went up there. The building use to be a convent once upon a time and has been converted to a hotel. It was a two minute walk to Trastavere as well, which was our go to place for dinner every evening. We booked directly through the hotel--I understand you can get better prices that way. I would try booking now. Even though it's early you might get a better deal than waiting til later. If you plan to walk around Rome (and you should!) it's nice to have a centrally located hotel to which you can return easily throughout the day when you need to change your shoes, your outfit, or just to relax before the next outing. Staying near the Vatican would be too far from all other things worth seeing in Rome.

Ive also stayed in Residenza in Farnese . Not fancy, but very good location. All rooms are different, I stayed in a standard double and it was fine, had a large bathroom. Staying again this Sept. Another hotel that I like is Hotel Villa Pinciana, close to the top of Via Veneto, near Borghese gardens. Even though way from your preferred sites, it doesnt take that much to walk to them. My experience is that prices go up as the date gets closer. June is a popular month, I would look to book now if the hotel is open to take reservations. If you see prices go down, you could always cancel and rebook (obviously, if you booked a fully refundable rate)

Ive also stayed in Residenza in Farnese . Not fancy, but very good location. All rooms are different, I stayed in a standard double and it was fine, had a large bathroom. Staying again this Sept. Another hotel that I like is Hotel Villa Pinciana, close to the top of Via Veneto, near Borghese gardens. Even though way from your preferred sites, it doesnt take that much to walk to them. My experience is that prices go up as the date gets closer. June is a popular month, I would look to book now if the hotel is open to take reservations. If you see prices go down, you could always cancel and rebook (obviously, if you booked a fully refundable rate)

Wow.. if prices go up then I’m glad I’ve booked now just in case . I’ve booked the no prepayment no cancel fee so as you say if prices go down I could also cancel and rebook but I’m thinking Europe 2019 is going to be more expensive than previous years due to great US economy

Wow.. if prices go up then I’m glad I’ve booked now just in case . I’ve booked the no prepayment no cancel fee so as you say if prices go down I could also cancel and rebook but I’m thinking Europe 2019 is going to be more expensive than previous years due to great US economy

Yes, that's my opinion as well. Even during times that economy is not great places like Rome are always , unfortunately. mobbed with tourists. Remember they get tourists from everywhere, not only USA.

• 3 weeks later...

We have stayed in NH Giustiniano a couple of times. It is within walking distance of the Vatican and is located just off Via Cola di Rienzo, which is a good shopping street.

(ps don't forget to join NH club before you book for discount!)