How can I easily see available rooms?

I am planning a cruise for multiple families, and my own family will need 2 cabins. We want all rooms to be close together. Is there any easy way to see just the available rooms on a specific sailing? When I go through the booking, they automatically assign me rooms based on the category I selected, and if I try to change my stateroom, I have to look through the deck plans and manually enter each room number to see if it is available. It is taking forever! What am I missing? There has to be an easier way, right?

Welcome to CC.

RCI's UK site is a very good resource for looking up inventory.

THANK YOU! That is exactly what I needed. The UK site gives me everything I want, and then I can input those cabin #'s into the US site.

So separate question, do they only let you choose rooms that exactly match your occupancy? For instance, in one room I have 3 people, it doesn't show me rooms that sleep 4. When I search for a room for 4 people, it shows me that room, but not when I search for 3.

And I'm browsing while at work, so I'm trying to do what I can without having to call.

So separate question, do they only let you choose rooms that exactly match your occupancy? For instance, in one room I have 3 people, it doesn't show me rooms that sleep 4. When I search for a room for 4 people, it shows me that room, but not when I search for 3.

And I'm browsing while at work, so I'm trying to do what I can without having to call.

A particular cruise may have minimum occupancy requirements on certain categories. These can come and go, so this can effect your search results.

Try using a different website that sells cruises. I never use Royal website I always use a different one that lights up every cabin available on a deck

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That would be wonderful. The best I've ever been able to do is a site that shows everything in a particular category, deck by deck.

That seems to be the trend. Have seen more and more people mentioning that they couldn't book 2 in a cabin designated for 3, even when calling them directly. They seem to be maximizing occupancy as much as possible.

We had 3 in a 3 person balcony on Adventure. When our daughter was unable to go, we had to wait until closer sailing, and get Revenue involved to remove her. Prior to that, they were insisting we move cabins, even though our adult sons were in the connecting cabin, and we were also booked for the following week! (She was with us for the second week.)

Maybe it was a peak season thing?