Can you just watch iFly? (Anthem)

Is there a place where you're able to watch iFly? My husband and infant son and I will be going on the Anthem in October, and the iFly reservations just became available! I'm wondering if we can watch each other while holding the baby (and I should book back-to-back 20-minute slots for each of us), or if I should book us together and plan to put the baby in the nursery.

TIA!

Yes, you stand outside the tube where the flying takes place and get some great pictures.

You would probably need more than 20 minutes between reservations. First you watch a short video and get some basic training, then you suit up and walk up to the tube and wait while everyone in the group has a turn, walk back downstairs and remove your flight suit.

It’s a lot of fun.

Is there a place where you're able to watch iFly? My husband and infant son and I will be going on the Anthem in October, and the iFly reservations just became available! I'm wondering if we can watch each other while holding the baby (and I should book back-to-back 20-minute slots for each of us), or if I should book us together and plan to put the baby in the nursery.

TIA!

You should book on separate days. Even easier.

TIA!

Back to back might be a little hard to do. The way they do it, includes instruction time, and the actual events overlap each other. Some are in the instruction, some are flying etc. I would book two complete different times, or do it while in the nursery so you can do it together.

If I remember correctly, you aren’t allowed to bring anything in the tube with you while you wait your turn. Therefore, if you go together, you won’t be able to take any photos of each other.

(Anyone, feel free to correct me.)

We have two daughters that were going to do iFly, so we booked me and one kid in one time slot, and my husband and the other kid in the other time slot. That was enough time separation to switch out taking pictures. Obviously separate days would work as well.

That is the norm, but some have reported being able to bring a camera.

We were onboard in June and were fortunate to be able to book a few times. We were told that after day 6 if any slots remained open they were up for grabs. I flew twice, my 9 year old daughter 3 times. That being said we were there more than average and observed more than once couples bringing their camera/video/cell phone while participating together. They just asked whoever was holding the device to stay outside the tube which you would do for pictures anyway. One would fly while the other was outside filming and then they would switch out. There were 2 guys (who were awesome by the way) from IFLY as opposed to RCCL employees onboard conducting trainings and all of our sessions were with them. I don't know if that makes any difference or not but they didn't seem to mind at all that they were switching in and out. The person operating the fan speed just indicated when to go in and out he would send one in while another passenger in that group was flying. The ship's photographer was only there taking pictures on our first flight so I would at least attempt to take a camera or you may not have any photos at all.

We were onboard in June and were fortunate to be able to book a few times. We were told that after day 6 if any slots remained open they were up for grabs. I flew twice, my 9 year old daughter 3 times. That being said we were there more than average and observed more than once couples bringing their camera/video/cell phone while participating together. They just asked whoever was holding the device to stay outside the tube which you would do for pictures anyway. One would fly while the other was outside filming and then they would switch out. There were 2 guys (who were awesome by the way) from IFLY as opposed to RCCL employees onboard conducting trainings and all of our sessions were with them. I don't know if that makes any difference or not but they didn't seem to mind at all that they were switching in and out. The person operating the fan speed just indicated when to go in and out he would send one in while another passenger in that group was flying. The ship's photographer was only there taking pictures on our first flight so I would at least attempt to take a camera or you may not have any photos at all.

That is SO not the norm! :o :o :o

That is SO not the norm! :o :o :o

Which part the repeated flying or the allowance of camara's? Curios for future visits. I don't really care about the camera that much but it was good to be allowed to book again! I had read prior to sailing that no camera's were allowed so I was surprised to see them. The first time we went I didn't take one with me but the ship's photographer was there so we got some photos. Repeated visits I took my phone :) We were on 9 nighter not sure if that matters or not.

I got the idea that the IFLY guys were kind of doing their own thing, but they were GREAT! They seem way more engaged than the RCCL employees. Everytime they took a group up they did tons of tricks and demos and really just seemed to be having a great time.

Hope to get back on the Anthem at some point, we really enjoyed it.

The participants sit on a bench in a shelter surrounding the tube and take turns. Ship photographer is also in the same area. We were not allowed to have any cameras (or jewelry) in there. Fairly large deck area out side where other people could take pictures and frankly those were better than the ones from the ship. Reason is that they can step back and get a larger view. Ship photo is from about 4' away from you. Downside of all photography is that the tube is plastic and there are a lot of reflections from it.

They won't allow the baby in with you (and it is MUCH too loud without earplugs and helmet). But if you book separate times baby could be in a stroller in the outside area while one of you is taking pictures. Also not that area is accessed from the flowrider area by fairly steep stairs. So getting a stroller and kid up there isn't easy. But we did see people doing it. The 4-5 year old kids did better in the tube than the adults did.

First time we did ifly, we were allowed to switch and take photos of each other. On my last cruise(july 12 2018) we were not allowed to leave the standby area in the tube. If I were you I would book 2 separate times.