Scooter question again, sorry

dis2cruise

my mom weighs 165 lbs so she could rent a smaller scooter. However, mom would like to try to use the scooter going off the ship and go shopping near the pier.

Would the larger scooter have a bigger battery meaning will the scooter give my mom more hours of use?

Our scooter isn't that big (definitely not as big as many I've seen on board) and we have lots of time on the battery. It's not unusual for us to be off-ship for 4-6 hours with the scooter and the battery is fine. I do charge it every time we're back in the cabin to keep the battery topped off.

Karen

Larger scooter does not always equal longer battery life. The more weight the scooter has to deal with, the more strain on the battery. The larger the scooter, the more it weighs. I would say to stick with the smaller scooter. They will generally go anywhere from 5-8 miles on a full charge. She should be more than fine.

No need for a larger scooter. My sister has used her small scooter (Luggie and now her Go-Go Pride Collapsible) on numerous excursions and never had an issue (even all day excursions). She also always turns it off when she's not moving for more than a few minutes :)

I do not recall of any nasty hills around the ports on those islands and her weight is not a problem, thus she should be able to enjoy the entire day. Oh, no racing; high speeds can take excessive battery power. I'm assuming she will fully charge the scooter every night. I've never rented, use my own scooter.

Last November, while in Aruba, we got a taxi to the Donkey Sanctuary (round trip) and had him drop us off at Wilhelmina Park on the way back. It is less than ¾ mile from the park to the ship with most of the shopping in between. We took the donkeys some treats, however if you are not familiar donkeys or horses, I do not recommend treats.

Have a wonderful cruise,

Betty