Do live reviews, or even fun reviews, exist on NCL?

CruisingNole

Look at the signatures of the people who post here. Many of them list the trips they've been on, and most of those (on this board at least) list multiple NCL cruises.

There are six big cruise lines that serve the United States: Carnival, Celebrity, Holland America, NCL, Princess, and Royal Caribbean. All of them basically go to the same ports. If NCL was objectively bad, everyone would go to its competitors. The fact they stay with Norwegian means they're enjoying their NCL cruises.

Great point. Many others, outside of myself, have cruised other lines multiple times. Not saying we’re perfect, but we do have way more perception with different cruise lines than just sailing one cruise line and trying to make broad generalizations about them.

I've been wanting to give NCL another shot, but this forum is filled with misery. Mostly complaints about beverage packages. Is there not anything fun or impressive about NCL for cruisers to share? On CCL and RCCL forums there are daily live reviews filled with pictures and day-by-day summaries. Why does that not exist on the NCL forums? Is it because NCL internet is the equivalent of AOL dial-up from the '90s? Or is it because there's simply nothing impressive to write home about?

I don't do live reviews or postings because I try to unplug on vacation and never bring a computer or tablet (except a kindle, which a lot of times never gets used). NCL is fine, we just got off the POA and had a great time. We have booked the Greek Isle cruise for next year. Also don't feel the need to post minute by minute reviews of what I am doing, when I am doing it. Just me I guess.

I've been wanting to give NCL another shot, but this forum is filled with misery. Mostly complaints about beverage packages. Is there not anything fun or impressive about NCL for cruisers to share? On CCL and RCCL forums there are daily live reviews filled with pictures and day-by-day summaries. Why does that not exist on the NCL forums? Is it because NCL internet is the equivalent of AOL dial-up from the '90s? Or is it because there's simply nothing impressive to write home about?

Hi you!

I have seen you on the RCCL boards so I hope you read this too. So, this is a subjective opinion and hope you look at this with an open mind.

I have cruised RCCL and will be Diamond after my next cruise, so I have cruised with RCCL before. I have also cruised with NCL (Platimun plus) before. I have cruised other cruise lines too. I don't believe that a 'level' on any cruise line matters.

I have not been on RCCL for about 4 years. NCL has been great, IMO.

When I logged on to the RCCL thread I was very surprised how unhappy cruisers were with RCCL. I am not usually logged on to the thread.

I won't go into the complaints I have read about or my own personal concerns. I appeared to be the same.

Let's chat about all of it later.....:)

Safe cruising!

Edited by Cruisercl
typo

Let me start off this post by saying I like NCL. I've sailed NCL twice, and I'm sailing again on Epic next month.

But I must agree somewhat with the original poster. The forums over here are a lot less fun, and generally less active, than the RCCL forums (for example).

There are a lot more "just for fun" threads, and photo reviews over there.

I've also noticed all three of my NCL roll-calls have been *really quiet* with just the odd post about excursions, whilst my RCCL roll-calls have been really busy fun friends with pictures and people planning drinks and secret cabin parties etc.

Maybe it's because they're a more established line with more ships? I don't know. I'm just saying the OP has a point, but they could have made it more tactfully.

I think we are a different bread of cruisers who found their nich and keep to themselves.

I think the same.

NCL for me is much about Freestyle dining, we prefer not to share a table with strangers. Many NCL cruisers aren't interested in meeting new people and keep to themselves. Then it's less likely with livereviews, I think.

( I know that most cruiselines now have some kind of anytime dining but NCL is FREESTYLE. )

I've also noticed all three of my NCL roll-calls have been *really quiet* with just the odd post about excursions, whilst my RCCL roll-calls have been really busy fun friends with pictures and people planning drinks and secret cabin parties etc.

Probably because of NCLs Freestyle tradition.

Hi you!

I have seen you on the RCCL boards so I hope you read this too. So, this is a subjective opinion and hope you look at this with an open mind.

I have cruised RCCL and will be Diamond after my next cruise, so I have cruised with RCCL before. I have also cruised with NCL (Platimun plus) before. I have cruised other cruise lines too. I don't believe that a 'level' on any cruise line matters.

I have not been on RCCL for about 4 years. NCL has been great, IMO.

When I logged on to the RCCL thread I was very surprised how unhappy cruisers were with RCCL. I am not usually logged on to the thread.

I won't go into the complaints I have read about or my own personal concerns. I appeared to be the same.

Let's chat about all of it later.....:)

Safe cruising!

Those of us who follow CC closely know the OP is a RCI fan and does whatever possible to put NCL down based on one cruise taken a few months ago and it was a booze cruise.

Yes, of course every line has people that get on CC and write negatives The NCL site is no different.

I thoroughly enjoyed every cruise I have had on NCL ships (Platinum Plus - over a dozen cruises). I think people often don't talk about things unless there is a problem or complaint and overall, I don't really have any SIGNIFICANT complaints. Perhaps there are fewer "onboard" reviews because people are so busy having fun they are not spending time in their rooms typing. I know on the maiden transocean trip of the Bliss some people posted non-stop on cruise critic. We knew almost everything about the ship before we even boarded there was so much discussed and photographed. A cruise, like every other part of life, is what you make it. If you want to have a great time, you will ... Enjoy!!

I Agree... I have about a dozen cruises but the last 5 on NCL... Love the freestyle and hard to give up the platinum perks! It is what you make it and and can't say I had a better cruise or more fun or spent less on the other lines. Except my Carnival cruise I didn't care for... was like walmart of cruising....