Coco Cay Hobbie cats?

Whatever the "brand name", it's a "follow the leader" thing. You can't just rent one and go off on your own. If that's what you want to do, it's best done at a REAL port...not a "private beach" day.

Thanks, but I believe you are thinking of a wave runner (a motorized water bike). I am talking about a small sailboat with 2 hulls :D

For some reason, I don't recall seeing the Hobbie Cats the last few times we've been to Coco Cay. Just the kayaks and standing boards. This is after the move of the suite area to the rental area.

I think you're right, I haven't seen them since 2007. Laughing at the drive by post above.

How else do you think you get to 88,000 posts?

Can't recall seeing Hobbie cats, would be fun but I assume the liability issues would be too big.

I may have been thinking of a smaller personal sailboat many years ago.

My son and I rented a Hobie many years ago at Coco Cay. I had been on them before and knew just a little about sailing so I figured we would give it a try. We struggled to get any sort of speed or control going and eventually brought t back in. The guy checking us in looked and the rigging and said it was all messed up by whoever set up the boat. He fixed it and offered to let us take it back out but we were tired and declined. I always wanted to try it again with a properly rigged sail but they seem to have disappeared and I have not seen them for years. I can say that they definitely were Hobie Cats though.

Haven't seen Hobbie Cats at Coco Cay for years. When they did have them, contrary to a previous poster, you were not part of a follow the leader group, but you were able to venture around on your own. They also had pedal boats. Both the Hobbies and the pedal boats were available to rent by the hour.

M