Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Hi all, slogging my way through a busy week at work so not much time for posting. Or sleeping, for that matter...

But, less than five weeks until our South America trip! So, some sunlight to look forward to. Every year I am amazed at how little light there is. We leave for work in the dark and come home as the sun sets. I want to go to bed by 6:00.

Tomorrow is a milestone birthday for my little brother (the older one of the two). He's turning 40... Kids!

Off to work soon; have a fun day all.

Hi, good morning...…..I am trying to use the search feature on here...….do any of you know if it is working right?

Anyway, JP, what hotels did you tell me about in NYC?  I am trying to go back and find the posts but cannot seem to do it correctly……….any help would be appreciated.

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi, good morning...…..I am trying to use the search feature on here...….do any of you know if it is working right?

Anyway, JP, what hotels did you tell me about in NYC?  I am trying to go back and find the posts but cannot seem to do it correctly……….any help would be appreciated.

Lois, JP may be on his way to work.  Try this link....

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2571941-silversea-water-cooler-welcome-part-five/?page=26&tab=comments#comment-56189011

Sorry for the duplicate post.  I just realized that I should have quoted the original post.  Hope this helps!

Lois, I think I mentioned The Beekman in Lower Manhattan which is within walking distance to the WTC memorial, and the Michelangelo in the theatre district.

Our favorite is the Nomad, high 20s and Broadway. We walk from there to Times Square all the time but not sure if you want that.

Jilly, sounds like an amazing trip. Welcome back.

Before I forget, I want to wish all my friends who celebrate, a Happy Thanksgiving.  I probably won't be on here for the next few days.  My sis and bil moved to Mexico a couple of months ago and I am flying down to see them on Thursday morning and will be back Sunday night.  I am staying at the airport tomorrow night because my flight is EARLY and I don't want to drive to the airport at 4:30am....so much easier to stay at hotel tomorrow night and the place has a deal where I can leave my car there and they shuttle you to and from the airport. 

Hope all of you have a great Turkey Day and for everyone else just

JP, thanks...…..and Mysty, thanks for the links...…...there is something wrong with the boards...or my postings:classic_wacko:

I posted the previous reply a long time ago.....WHY does it keep showing up?:classic_huh:...…….something is very, VERY WEIRD

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

JP, thanks...…..and Mysty, thanks for the links...…...there is something wrong with the boards...or my postings:classic_wacko:

I posted the previous reply a long time ago.....WHY does it keep showing up?:classic_huh:...…….something is very, VERY WEIRD

Lois, I bet it is a cached reply that inserts itself when you hit reply. I sometimes see that on my phone when I'm using that, but the old post shows up and I see it, and can delete it, then type the new post. Weird, I agree. I wonder if clearing your browser cache will eliminate it? Or, check the bugs and glitches section of the forum to see if anyone else is having that problem?

JP, good morning.....thanks for the reply.  Actually, I am having a big issue logging in with IE........so I tried Google Chrome and here I am.  When I tried IE, it got me in but the screen kept refreshing,  again and again and ..........would not let me post..........

Something is VERY weird.

12 minutes ago, Lois R said:

JP, good morning.....thanks for the reply.  Actually, I am having a big issue logging in with IE........so I tried Google Chrome and here I am.  When I tried IE, it got me in but the screen kept refreshing,  again and again and ..........would not let me post..........

Something is VERY weird.

Lois, I am having the same issue using Chrome.  It's almost like a strobe effect.  I am using Firefox here.  See this link on the issue.....

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2611219-problems-with-cc-and-firefox/?tab=comments#comment-56274852

Edited by mysty

Hi Mysty, good morning.......so we are not the only ones having issues..........hopefully CC is aware of this issue.  I am using Google Chrome right now and at least that is working.

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Mysty, good morning.......so we are not the only ones having issues..........hopefully CC is aware of this issue.  I am using Google Chrome right now and at least that is working.

Lois...CC was not working for me on Chrome.  I just deleted all the cookies on Chrome and now it is working fine.  Might be a cookie issue for you as well.