Silversea Water Cooler: Welcome! Part Five

CCHelp

Mysty. I decided that I hated raisins when I was a kid, and it stayed with me until I was in my 40s. Turns out it was all mental. I was a picky eater back then...I hated all kinds of cheese and even used to pick the cheese off pizza. Asparagus? Brussels sprouts? Never. Now I like all of that stuff. But raisins took a lot longer.

I finally realized that I like a good red Zinfandel, which when it's made in warm years, has a raisin-y taste. So I convinced myself in that way that I should like raisins, so I tried them and liked them. And now I eat them. It was as simple as that.

I love asparagus too!........and have always liked raisins!

Mysty, seems the site is still funky for me. I am using Chrome on here now but there are several folks over on the other board still having issues too.  So it has to be CC and not our browsers.  Hopefully someone in the I.T. department can fix the problem.

6 hours ago, jpalbny said:

I finally realized that I like a good red Zinfandel, which when it's made in warm years, has a raisin-y taste. So I convinced myself in that way that I should like raisins, so I tried them and liked them. And now I eat them. It was as simple as that.

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

Mysty, seems the site is still funky for me. I am using Chrome on here now but there are several folks over on the other board still having issues too.  So it has to be CC and not our browsers.  Hopefully someone in the I.T. department can fix the problem.

Greetings Coolers!

JP...I love that your cure for raisin hate is to drink wine!  :)  I'll put that suggestion in the vault!  :)

Lois, I'm on Chrome now and I had to delete the cookies before the CC site would get off the strobe setting.  I started with the raisin one!  :)

Today's funny.....

47433489_1978079678905720_34527398085756

Have a great day all!

22 hours ago, Lois R said:

Actually, I am having a big issue logging in with IE........so I tried Google Chrome and here I am.  When I tried IE, it got me in but the screen kept refreshing,  again and again and ..........would not let me post..........

Something is VERY weird.

And VERY annoying.

I'm having the same issue on my iPad with Safari. Usually, I can correct it by closing the app and reopening it.

It's just yet another of the features of the new and definitely not improved boards that make them less attractive.

I am reading these boards much less frequently now because they aren't so user friendly for multiple smallish reasons - if I didn't find the information posted by other users interesting and useful, I don't think I'd bother coming back here at all. 

Agreed JJ!  Lois....I think the trick is to log off after every visit here.  I think the site keeps trying to log in with the "stored" password and can't connect automatically.  If you log off after each session you then can log in manually and the system seems to accept that.

Good morning.......Mysty, seriously? You have to log off and then on every time? I keep the link on my favorites and just click on it when I want to come here........so now log off and then back on?  I will give it a try.  But this is still Chrome now........I think CC needs to fix the issue really.

Agreed Lois!  I was using Chrome when the problem first happened.  I think you will find if you keep using Chrome without signing off the problem will appear.  I kept the link in my favourites too.  Didn't have a problem until yesterday.  I deleted the cookies in Chrome yesterday and all was well.  Until.....this morning the problem occurred again in Chrome.  I know it is a pain!  However, having to keep switching search engines is a pain as well. 

Hi Mysty, just to let you know, another poster has sent an email to CC asking for help with the problem. They attached 4 different threads that people have started into the email so "the powers that be" can see there are really issues on multiple browsers.

• Thanks 1

Hi again,   JP, I booked a room at The Beekman today:classic_biggrin:........they have a package that includes 50.00 for food/beverage. The total is more than I normally ever spend but it is NYC and besides, the price of the cruise is much less than I have been paying as well.  The pictures on line look like it is a beautiful place!

Now I have to book my show ticket:classic_biggrin:

Strange issues everyone is seeing, I've been using Chrome, and not seeing any issues.  Then again, I "toss my cookies" pretty regular.  

Mysty, love your Canadian measurements.  Since we are a bi-border family here, I tease Jeremy regularly about those things.  I will offer up your currency - we always said Canadian money was monopoly money (back before the US went to slightly color enhanced bills).  Then Canada added to the joke by going to cartoon money - "looneys" and "twooneys".   

Just finished making clam chowder in the Instant Pot - smoked the clams in the smoker yesterday, so it's very aromatic in the house today.  It's absolutely a chowder day, cold, grey, damp, but no snow.  113 days until the Silver Wind takes us away to warmer climates.

Happy Hannukah to our observing folks!

Jan

• Like 1

In respect of the browser issue, I have two bookmarks for CC forums. one is Crystal and one is Silversea. The Silversea works fine but the Crystal one doesn’t. However if I acess Crystal from the index menu as opposed to the bookmark it works fine!!!

It can’t be a CC issue because the new site is, we are told, much improved?

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, MBP&O2/O said:

In respect of the browser issue, I have two bookmarks for CC forums. one is Crystal and one is Silversea. The Silversea works fine but the Crystal one doesn’t. However if I acess Crystal from the index menu as opposed to the bookmark it works fine!!!

It can’t be a CC issue because the new site is, we are told, much improved?

Mike...it was your comment about the site being much improved that I found humourous!  🙂  Glad one out of two works though.

It is getting worse for me now..........even Chrome went VERY wacky but that is what I am using now.........IE? It just refreshes too many times in a row to even try to click on anything:classic_sad:.............UNreal

I hope tomorrow someone has answers (being that is a regular work day).

I follow two boards and haven’t had a problem with the Regent board, but if I try the Silversea board first I get the strobe effect. If that happens I go to Regent then to Silversea, and it works. 

It is is meant to be summer here, but today is overcast, cold and windy. I hope it warms up soon as I’m tired of my winter clothes. 

We are meeting friends off Regent Mariner in Geelong, our city, next week and I hope it is warmer then. I’m sure the guests on board are expecting warmer weather "down under" this time of year. 

Its so cool I’m making vegetable soup and a lamb curry.  Can’t think of salads yet. 

Greetings Coolers....

So much to catch up on but all looking good.....not sure if I’ll find any glitches or chromes 🧐 when posting but we shall see!

Post vacation has found me very busy with the festive season looming....l had the most fabulous trip and all was excellent.

I have this week to complete the trimming up and then have several parties to look forward to including Christmas Lunch on the Orient Express Northern Belle which I’ve done before and is rather a treat to behold....

Lovely as usual to see the foodie pics and follow along with all of you that have travelled and yet to do so...😊

20 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi again,   JP, I booked a room at The Beekman today:classic_biggrin:........they have a package that includes 50.00 for food/beverage. The total is more than I normally ever spend but it is NYC and besides, the price of the cruise is much less than I have been paying as well.  The pictures on line look like it is a beautiful place!

Now I have to book my show ticket:classic_biggrin:

Oh great! It is a gorgeous old building, but newly renovated as a hotel. We really enjoyed our stay there.

The WTC memorial is within walking distance, as are the freedom tower observation deck and Le District - a cool French market with restaurants, kind of a smaller French version of Eataly. And yes, there's an Eataly branch nearby too. 

All of Lower Manhattan is within a mile of there so the location is very conducive to wandering around and taking in the sights. I hope you have as much fun there as we do!

Edited by jpalbny

Hello.....I am just home for lunch (yes I come home from work for lunch a few times a week)…….Mysty, I think the problem MAY be fixed……...see how it is when you log on.  One of Moderators said she thinks the issue is resolved (we can only hope):classic_smile:

JP,  from the tone of your reply it sounds like I made the right choice:classic_biggrin:

• Thanks 1

WOW...the boards work 2 days in a row:classic_biggrin:

I am going to a broadway show when in NY and got my ticket today!,....going to see "BEAUTIFUL" and I cannot wait.

It gets fabulous reviews and I LOVE Carole King and know all the music to this show!:classic_biggrin: Should be a fun evening!

• Like 1