Looking for Juneau excursion

moki'smommy

Yes, I posted on the Alaska board several days ago. OK...about a month ago on these boards I found a reference to a Juneau excursion. It was by a rather small private company, and I think had the man's name in it. The excursion was a flight with no weight limit (the things we remember???), to a nice location where, among other things there were sled dog pups normally. The site did say that if a guide dog happened to be visiting or if someone was allergic to dogs, they would be kept locked up.

It sounded a lot like the Taku lodge excursion offered by Princess, but P has no mention of dogs.

Can anyone give me any insight as to this company or excursion? For anyone who has done Taku Lodge thru Princess, were there dogs there? Daughter wants to see the dogs...in addition to the scenery, etc.

Just did the Taku Lodge excursion a few weeks ago and it was amazing... our favorite of our two trips to Alaska! I don’t remember seeing any dogs while we were there... I have seen them in photos though so not sure where the dogs were during our visit. We did see multiple bears though and it was great!

We did the Taku Lodge trip several times, and it remains at the top of the list. No dogs, sorry. Two options for sled dogs, an excursion out of Skagway to see sled dogs, or the puppies in the piazza visit Princess usually does. Trust me when I say your daughter will completely enjoy the Taku Lodge trip. And this is from someone who will probably be killed trying to pet something I should not have. LOL.

Harv and marv for whale watchin. Highly recommended

Did that last trip, and it was great. And I did google before I asked for help here. It isn't that I'm looking for a sled dog excursion, it is that I'm trying to find one that I stupidly didn't bookmark!

Thanks for the help.

Are you sure it was a Princess board?

Am I 100% sure of anything at this point, no. But Princess is the only cruise we have coming up and the board I've been active on. I may even have hand written notes at home, but I'm not going home till after the cruise. In any event, we'll live without it if I can't find it. I'm sure I didn't invent this as I distinctly remember certain comments like no weight limit on the plane (which I laughed about) and the comments about needing advance notice if there would be a service dog on board or a person with dog allergies, in which case the puppies would not be available.

was it this?

"We do not have any weight per passenger restrictions on our aircraft and no additional charge for guests over 250 lbs. We will ask for your weight as the FAA requires a full weight and balance record per aircraft."

http://www.wingsairways.com/faq

No, but thank you. This is actually the company that Princess uses! No pups.