I,m so excited Carnival will be sailing from Norfolk again.

sassy~one

http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/special-needs.aspx

"RENTAL SERVICES

Guests who require the regular use of a wheelchair/scooter or other mobility device are encouraged to bring their own or rent from our preferred vendor, Scootaround. For safety reasons, we recommend a scooter that either folds or disassembles so it can be easily stored in your stateroom.

If you are thinking of renting a wheelchair or scooter and haven’t done so already, we encourage you to visit www.scootaround.com, or call 1-888-441-7575. Scootaround’s team of trained professionals is able to review the different rental options available based on your accommodations and find the one that best suits your needs. As a preferred vendor, they have unique access to deliver your rented equipment on board Carnival ships in North America."

I don't understand the hype!

I live in this part of Virginia but my husband and I decided to drive up to Baltimore, MD for our cruise. I just can't justify $1050+/person for a balcony when you can get the same balcony and sailing date for $850/person out of Baltimore.

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer - but is there something about Norfolk that is better?

Obviously it would be awesome to sail out of our hometown!! :)

We’ve sailed from Baltimore several times. The Pride was our first from there, and last year we sailed on RCI to Bermuda. Great port-easy to park and get right on.

We also sailed from Norfolk on Holland for 10 and 11 day Southern Caribbean ports. For the past few years, we’ve sailed on the Sunshine from Norfolk.We like Norfolk because we can park for free at my husbands office and walk right down the street to the ship. We can take our dog to the kennel that morning, so it saves money for us. Plus it’s so fun to sail out from our own city.

I live in this part of Virginia but my husband and I decided to drive up to Baltimore, MD for our cruise. I just can't justify $1050+/person for a balcony when you can get the same balcony and sailing date for $850/person out of Baltimore.

I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer - but is there something about Norfolk that is better?

It gives people options.

These are all great points! We are really young and just starting our lives as a married couple so we are crazy money conscious but I imagine after 1 or 2 vacations we will be right there with ya on convenience over cost!

Sounds fun!

I'm from the western part of the state, but I can drive to Norfolk in about 4-1/2 hours.

Unfortunately, none of the dates from Norfolk ever seem to work for us.

We prefer the southern Caribbean itineraries anyway, but I'd sail from Norfolk again if I could. I sailed from Norfolk way back in 2002 on the Triumph, a 7-day cruise to Bermuda.

I'm glad to see a few cruises in Norfolk again, and congrats to those of you who can make it work.

These are all great points! We are really young and just starting our lives as a married couple so we are crazy money conscious but I imagine after 1 or 2 vacations we will be right there with ya on convenience over cost!

Sounds fun!

TeamReeves, we could never afford to cruise until in our mid forties. So great that you can begin early.

Maybe for the OP and others it's simply easier to get to Norfolk versus Baltimore. And your example citing a difference of $150 is not that big of a deal - especially when there is travel costs involved. I think it's great Carnival gives people alot of options of places to sail out of even if all of the ports don't operate year round.

Baltimore has one ship. At least when they do sail out of Norfolk there's some variety.

Maybe for the OP and others it's simply easier to get to Norfolk versus Baltimore. And your example citing a difference of $150 is not that big of a deal - especially when there is travel costs involved. I think it's great Carnival gives people alot of options of places to sail out of even if all of the ports don't operate year round.

Baltimore has one ship. At least when they do sail out of Norfolk there's some variety.

Do you mean variety of itineraries?

Bill

Sent from my SM-G935V using Forums mobile app