What time are staterooms ready?

Gracie115

totally agree Mr Fuzzy - our stress level goes to defcon 5 (lowest level) as soon as we hand the 2 bags to the porters, and get the car parked in the garage...

It's Miller Time !:beer-toast:

we usually get that done by about 10:30 or so

then take our carryons, grab a seat, check emails one more time...and wait for the boarding beer and pina colada

cheers !:champagne-toast:

I don't like dragging my bags around the buffet area...WAY too crowded....SO

What other restaurants can we expect to be open on the Regal around noon? Hopefully there are other choices than just the buffet.....

Well. sometimes, we just don't get things the way we want...just go with the flow, RELAX

This last April on the Grand, we were handed a slip at check in stating they were trying a new process and our rooms would be ready around 1 PM. The check in clerk stated they were doing this to speed things up ... not sure if that was completely honest, but nevertheless, that's what was said. He did say, that because we were in a suite, we should check and see if the room was ready, though. Indeed, it was .... not just half done, but completely cleaned and ready to occupy. This was at about 11:30 AM.

We unpacked our carry on luggage and went to lunch in the MDR where we were joined by another couple that checked on their room and it wasn't ready yet. I don't remember hearing any announcement as to when the rooms were ready, though.

We've sailed with Princess for years and this is the first time we'd experienced this except when we did a BVE. They allowed us to board early and we were told the rooms may not be ready yet but we were encouraged to check. By our luck, we ran into the room steward and she stated that both cabins we had were good to go. This was also around 11:30 AM.

Now, I understand they may be closing off the fire doors to the hallways until all the cabins are ready, just as Celebrity does. Either way is ok with me. Will start my cruise with my lunch and just place my carry on luggage off to the side. The cabins will most likely be ready by the time I've enjoyed the dessert to my lunch!

So nothing else is open but the buffet?

There is usually one MDR opened for the lunch. Be aware that the staff will try & direct you to the buffet. Go to the passenger service desk & get a copy of the Patter which will list which one is opened.

Tom😎

The MDR has a lunch but only until 1 PM. There is also the International Cafe and I think people have mentioned Alfredos, for those ships that have it, is also open for lunch.

The Trident Grill and Prego Pizza stands out by the pool are open for lunch as well. The buffet for lunch on embarkation day would be my absolute last choice.

Didn't get the responses you wanted here, so you started a new thread! You seem to be well traveled, and should know by reading your personalizer on the list of restaurants open on embarkation day. Trust me , you won't starve. Upon entering the ship, take in the Atrium, look around, check your map, is there someplace you want to check out....or are you heading right for the food? In a nutshell...Food areas...Deck 5...International Cafe, Deck 6 - Alfredos. Either Deck 5 Symphony or Deck 6 Concerto dining room open for lunch, Deck 15 - Trident Grill hot dogs, hamburgers, fries - Prego Pizzeria...Pizza, Huge Horizon Court....

Didn't get the responses you wanted here, so you started a new thread! You seem to be well traveled, and should know by reading your personalizer on the list of restaurants open on embarkation day. Trust me , you won't starve. Upon entering the ship, take in the Atrium, look around, check your map, is there someplace you want to check out....or are you heading right for the food? In a nutshell...Food areas...Deck 5...International Cafe, Deck 6 - Alfredos. Either Deck 5 Symphony or Deck 6 Concerto dining room open for lunch, Deck 15 - Trident Grill hot dogs, hamburgers, fries - Prego Pizzeria...Pizza, Huge Horizon Court....

Thank you, since this will only be our 2nd ever Princess cruise I did not know what the Regal offered...now I do...it's all good.....:D

There is usually one MDR opened for the lunch. Be aware that the staff will try & direct you to the buffet. Go to the passenger service desk & get a copy of the Patter which will list which one is opened.

Tom[emoji41]

It’s been my experience that the MDR lunch (noon-1:30) is not always listed in the Patter. In that situation we go to the 2 midship anytime dining rooms to see which is open because as you wrote staff are told to direct passengers to the buffet.