Emotional Support Animals No Longer Allowed on Royal Caribbean Cruise Ships

I was on Majesty the week of the 20th and saw a portrait of just a dog in the photo area. Then later on in the trip had to wait for my wife and I to get a picture because the dog wouldn't look into the camera for the owner. Don't know how they get away with this.

I was on Majesty the week of the 20th and saw a portrait of just a dog in the photo area. Then later on in the trip had to wait for my wife and I to get a picture because the dog wouldn't look into the camera for the owner. Don't know how they get away with this.

Just when I think I've heard it all. Unbelievable.

Mayo Clinic in Jacksonville has comfort dogs visiting patients on request. They also hang around the lobbies for visitors

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Mayo in Phoenix has them as well; they are actually therapy dogs. They go through extensive training, so that they are comfortable around people, walking aids like walkers, as well as wheelchairs and scooters.

You've never waited on a large family/group getting pictures? Same thing

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Guess I will never be able to take my grand dog on a cruise. She certainly provides great companionship when my daughter goes on vacation and we dogsit.

c43a286ea528b5675ba73b6e9b83ba11.jpg

Evidently you can. As long as your grand dog is an emotional support animal and you don’t cruise on RCL.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I hope they enforce this. Service dogs are always on the floor with their vest and a leash. They are very well trained and do not use the bathroom just anywhere. Also if you really need them you wouldn’t leave them in the cabin to bother everyone while you are off the ship in a port. Please be respectful of the ones of us who do not want to pay for a nice dinner and end of sitting next to your dog. I do not want drop hair in my food. Please where are our rights.

Always wanted to bring my 190 pound Emotional Support Great Dane. She would have absolutely loved the Windjammer.

I was at the hospital recently and observed a Great Dane service dog. He was helping a lady walk who obviously had balance problems. The 30ish aged lady leaned into the dog as she walked and he supported her. The dog had the appropriate service animal vest on and was clearly concentrating on assisting the lady to walk. Service dogs come in all sizes.:)

I hope they enforce this. Service dogs are always on the floor with their vest and a leash. They are very well trained and do not use the bathroom just anywhere. Also if you really need them you wouldn’t leave them in the cabin to bother everyone while you are off the ship in a port. Please be respectful of the ones of us who do not want to pay for a nice dinner and end of sitting next to your dog. I do not want drop hair in my food. Please where are our rights.

Not true. See post #297.

Thank goodness! My wife and I did not enjoy the flee bites while sitting on the lounge chairs in the pool area near a service dog.

I understand they are often necessary and that’s fine with me, but precautions should be taken.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was at the hospital recently and observed a Great Dane service dog. He was helping a lady walk who obviously had balance problems. The 30ish aged lady leaned into the dog as she walked and he supported her. The dog had the appropriate service animal vest on and was clearly concentrating on assisting the lady to walk. Service dogs come in all sizes.:)

What I think most people are forgetting is the difference between “service animals” and “emotion support animals”. While I do not have a problem with a legitimate service animal providing a service to its owner, I do have an issue with people bringing an animal with them on a cruise, dressing then up, pushing them around in a stroller and feeding them at the dinner table.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk