Advice regarding whether to cancel or transfer booking

For the first time in 30 years of cruising, it looks like we will not be able to go on our September 17, 2018 cruise. Is it too late to transfer the booking or do we just have to bite the bullet and cancel? We have travel insurance and since it's a medical issue involving surgery, we're not worried about losing money. We have no problem booking another cruise possibly in December. Thanks in advance for recommendations.

For the first time in 30 years of cruising, it looks like we will not be able to go on our September 17, 2018 cruise. Is it too late to transfer the booking or do we just have to bite the bullet and cancel? We have travel insurance and since it's a medical issue involving surgery, we're not worried about losing money. We have no problem booking another cruise possibly in December. Thanks in advance for recommendations.

Hate to hear that from a fellow 'Nole. Are you booked directly with RCL or with a travel agent? If directly, I would give your cruise adviser a call and explain the situation. RCL may allow the transfer to a new cruise for compassionate reasons. Worth a try.

I am facing surgery 8/31 and hoping it will not interfere with our 11/25 sailing.

Wishing you the very best. :cool:

You are past final payment. Cancel with Royal, you will get some money back and then claim what you didn’t get back on the insurance.

You are in the 75% penalty phase. You will get back taxes and fees as well as 25% of the cost of the cruise. Get the other 75% from insurance.

If your cruise is selling well or sold out, they may be happy to get your cabin and allow you to switch to another cruise with no penatly. It's worth a call before canceling.

What category cabin did you book? They may be able to actually resell it for more then you paid when prices were lower. The cruiseline like's doing that, they may have another cruiser looking for your category cabin.

Hope the medical issue turns out well.

Good Luck

Jimbo:)

Edited by Jimbo

If your cruise is selling well or sold out, they may be happy to get your cabin and allow you to switch to another cruise with no penatly. It's worth a call before canceling.

What category cabin did you book? They may be able to actually resell it for more then you paid when prices were lower. The cruiseline like's doing that, they may have another cruiser looking for your category cabin.

Hope the medical issue turns out well.

Good Luck

Jimbo:)

Thanks. I find out tomorrow if we won't be able to cruise. Our TA holds the booking. It's a D2 on the hump so I the bet cruise line could resell it easily. We booked in January and got a terrific price. I just wasn't sure if switching the cruise was even an option at this late date. We'll definitely give it a try.