First ime cruising ,question

ariel81

Update,finally we will be arrving the day before!!!!

Now I have some more newbie questions

We are not fond of buffets,for several reasons,can we have all of our meals in the MDR??

What beverages are included in the price?we are not interested in paying for the beverage plans,we dont drink sodas and we drink little alcohol,its not worth to pay 50 dollars per day for a glass or even a bottle of wine,also,the beverage plan for 3 people for the whole cruise,costs us almost as much as what we paid for the cruise itself.

The last day,gthe ship arrives at 8am,can we have breakfast before?also,how much it takes to leave the ship?we would like to catch the 11 am flight to ewr if its possible.

Thank you all!!

We are not fond of buffets,for several reasons,can we have all of our meals in the MDR??

What beverages are included in the price?we are not interested in paying for the beverage plans,we dont drink sodas and we drink little alcohol,its not worth to pay 50 dollars per day for a glass or even a bottle of wine,also,the beverage plan for 3 people for the whole cruise,costs us almost as much as what we paid for the cruise itself.

The last day,gthe ship arrives at 8am,can we have breakfast before?also,how much it takes to leave the ship?we would like to catch the 11 am flight to ewr if its possible.

Thank you all!!

You can have breakfast and dinner in the mdr, but lunch you can't... However, you don't have to eat at the buffet. There are other food locations on the ship besides the buffet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

You can have breakfast and dinner in the mdr, but lunch you can't... However, you don't have to eat at the buffet. There are other food locations on the ship besides the buffet.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

Ahh,sad about the mdr not having lunch,other lines have it.I have another question,we would like to sit alone,the 3 of us,we have late seating,how we can get a table for us?thank you

My dad, may his memory be a blessing, was in the Israeli army back in the late 1950's. I was born in Yaffa, though my parents lived in Bat Yam.

Amazing!!I was born in Argentina,moved to israel in 2002,served in the IDF,from 2003 to 2004.Already checked,we are not included in the discount,sadly

That is safer.

On sea days, there will be the Sea Day Brunch in the MDR. It starts at 8:30 AM and ends at 1:30 PM and you can go as many times as you want per sea day. The MDR is not open for lunch on port days.

Water, coffee, tea, juice is included in the fare. Each person over 21 can carry on one 750 ml bottle of wine. If there is any particular juice you like, each person can also carry on 12 cans, no more than 12 oz each.

The last day,the ship arrives at 8am,can we have breakfast before?

Yes. The MDR is open for breakfast on the last day of the cruise.

also,how much it takes to leave the ship?we would like to catch the 11 am flight to ewr if its possible.

I cannot answer this. I asume you have to go through customs with non-US passports.

The best option is called called Self Assist. You will have to carry off all of your luggage in the morning. (You won't put any bags outside your door the last night.) On the last afternoon, you'll receive information in your cabin as to where people who use Self Assist are to meet and at what time. We've seen people disembark as early at 7:00 AM.

Thank you all!!

You're welcome. Have a wonderful cruise! When is your cruise and which ship are you sailing?

You're welcome. Have a wonderful cruise! When is your cruise and which ship are you sailing?

Trumph,from New Orleans to Cozumel and Progreso

Another stupid question,its possible to get the food and activity menus in spanish?My parents speak very little english.

Wow!

That's too bad. Any person who served in a military from any country should qualify for the discount.

Only for Americans and Canadians

Funny thing is,that the owners of the Carnival conglomerate are actually israeli.

Another stupid question,its possible to get the food and activity menus in spanish?My parents speak very little english.

Good to hear you are coming in the day before.

I have not been on the Trumph but I think it will be the same. The cruise lines have Menus printed in different languages including Spanish. They also have a stand down by guest services with the daily activity schedule printed in Multiple languages.

Funny thing is,that the owners of the Carnival conglomerate are actually israeli.

Actually, Carnival Corporation is an actual corporation. That means that the owners are anyone who owns stock in the company. I'm certain that there are some Israeli stockholders.

Actually, Carnival Corporation is an actual corporation. That means that the owners are anyone who owns stock in the company. I'm certain that there are some Israeli stockholders.

True but the main shareholders and the ones that run the company,are the arison family,they are israeli,in fact,one of them,shari, is rigth now,unable to leave israel due to a corruption case.

Yes, Fun Times and MDR menus are available in Spanish. You'll have to go to Guest services upon embarkation to get the Spanish version for the first day but ask your parents' cabin steward and he/she will deliver the Spanish Fun Times after that.

Only for Americans and Canadians

I read the book Devils on the Deep Blue Sea: The Dreams, Schemes, and Showdowns That Built America's Cruise-Ship Empires.

It told of how Carnival cruise lines was started. It was interesting, informative, and infuriating at the same time.

Edited by stargate fan

Another newbie question.I was looking at the rules,its possible to have dinner weating a nice t shirt,instead of a polo or a shirt?its possible to get a table just for the 3 of us?thank you

On Casual nights, my husband and I wear nice shorts. He wears a polo and I wear a cotton top,

On Elegant nights, he wears khakis, long sleeve shirt, and tie and I wear a dress or skirt.

Do you have an Assigned Dining Time (6:00 or 8:15) or Your Time Dining, where you can go to the MDR any time between 5:45 and 9:30?