Fort Lauderdale - hotel - port....Help please

Guest hockeychic

Vada, we got the same rate as the over 60 also, but as you said we have 2 queens which they call a suite. Not quite a suite, but you do have 2 beds, more room, and a little loveseat and table. We had a very nice room last year, same deal. can't go wrong.

Tanya, as far as I remember they didn't have a shuttle back to the hotel.. I would check, tho, because if they are dropping off, they might just let you on to go back to the SI. Now, that really makes a deal

Everyone Sleep Tight at the Sleep Inn:D Beej

The link can be found in post #62 within this thread. The $$$ are legit... hopefully you will be as fortunate!

Good luck!

OK -I give up - when you go to that site you have several pull down options to go to - can someonr give me detailed instructions as to how to get to the sleep inn site you are getting for under $100?? I am still getting $160.

Ron

Well - it appears you folks have all had a good laugh at my expense - thanks for the fun - I hope I can reciprocate someday - Good night.

Hi, Ron& Connie, I tried to work that site myself and can't even come up with the hotel, Frustrating!!! I know some of the people that gave you the info and they wouldn't pull your chain, I know they were trying to help.

When I got online to check out rates for Sleep Inn they were up and down with in a day of each other so maybe that's what happened.

Sorry, Dianne

Post #62 on this thread:

Here's a link to a site for those of you that aren't eligible for any discounts....and others may want to check and see if their rate is cheaper. It's for all Choice hotels - Sleep Inn, Comfort Inn, etc. It's through smartertravel dot com. We've used this several times and have never had to show any ID at all.

http://www.smartertravel.com/discounts/Save-Quality-Comfort-Clarion.html?id=16348

Click on the link above.

Click on "click here" (next to the first dot) to go to Choice hotels online reservation system.

Fill in "Dania, FL, USA" for city, state, and country.

Fill in "Dec 03" for check in date. Fill in "Dec 04" for check out date.

Enter number of adults, children. (I entered 2 adults, 0 children)

Click on "GO"

A new page with a list of choice hotels will come up. The second one (for me anyway) is the Sleep Inn and Suites. Click on the "check rates" link on the right side of the listing. This will give you the "significant organization" rates.

You should end up here:

http://www.choicehotels.com/ires/en-US/html/RoomAvailability?hotel=FL664&sid=shAm.cC$mMguhj.6&sarea=5599&sname=Dania&sstate=FL&scountry=US&sradius=40.23&slat=26.0519&slon=-80.1442&schain=A&exp=&scity=Dania&sort=&month=12&day=3&depart_month=12&depart_day=4&srp=SSO&nadult=2&nchild=0

Ok everyone.....calm down. Kathi gave a great link...you have to use the link and FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS...in order to get the possible discount if available. Remember the hotel will only honor what inventory is available under that discount code. Once it is used up it is gone. Just like booking a cruise .

Kroozfoolz, well that was easy what's the problem!:D Just teasing thanks for walking us through it. I think Ron was looking for Dec 1, it showed $95.99 under significant discount. It was the second hotel but for me rate box was on the left and I had to use the dropdown inside it. Very easy once you know.

Thanks again:)

Kroozfoolz, well that was easy what's the problem!:D Just teasing thanks for walking us through it. I think Ron was looking for Dec 1, it showed $95.99 under significant discount. It was the second hotel but for me rate box was on the left and I had to use the dropdown inside it. Very easy once you know.

Thanks again:)

Sorry I got confused about the date needed. Someone else needed Dec. 3.

Wow, looks like the significant organization rate is no longer available for Dec. 1. It lists availability with the standard rate - but the internet user's rate is better! Over $100, but less than $160 coiran was finding earlier.

Just booked Sleep Inn & Suites for Dec 28 for 3 for $129.99 using the above site.

Is hotel near 17th St near all the restaurants and stores. I know roughly where the Embassy Suite and shopping plaza is. Is the hotel in a different county, that is why it is Dania and not Ft Lauderdale.

We too found most sites hit and miss and very frustrating - after about four pull-downs, go here, go there, I said enough!:eek:

No good deals anywhere decent in April 2007 for some reason.

When calling hotels direct, the rates were slightly higher than the internet pricing.

We ended up paying more, getting the Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street.

In a nice part of town, close to most everything, with great recommendations from previous visitors.

We could still cancel and book SI in Dania, but probably not.

However, We are happy for those of you who did get great deals, and once on the cruise, who cares anyway!

After discussing the high costs of the hotels, we decided why should we skimp on the hotel when we are going on a cruise - may as well start off on the right foot - (The pricey one, that is!:)

We too found most sites hit and miss and very frustrating - after about four pull-downs, go here, go there, I said enough!:eek:

No good deals anywhere decent in April 2007 for some reason.

When calling hotels direct, the rates were slightly higher than the internet pricing.

We ended up paying more, getting the Holiday Inn Express on 17th Street.

In a nice part of town, close to most everything, with great recommendations from previous visitors.

We could still cancel and book SI in Dania, but probably not.

However, We are happy for those of you who did get great deals, and once on the cruise, who cares anyway!

After discussing the high costs of the hotels, we decided why should we skimp on the hotel when we are going on a cruise - may as well start off on the right foot - (The pricey one, that is!:)

I'm not sure what dates in April you are looking for... but when I followed the given link and directions, it showed availablility and rates for a king bed/2 people as follows:

4/6/7 N/A @ disc rates

4/7, 4/13, 4/14/07: $119.99

4/20, 4/21, 4/27, 4/28: $87.99

FWIW...

A~ :D

Just4kixx:

I'm sorry, I was referring to hotels other than SI, and nearer 17th Street. Not necessarily in Dania.

I did find some lower rates than we booked, but not acceptable.

SI would be fine, I am sure, that is why I still hold it as an option if we decide to change.

The computer is a mystery to me, and I do become frustrated with it very quickly.

I do not doubt that other folks who are more computer literate than I do find great deals - I'm just not into all of the searching and such.

Thanks for your help and research. Oh, yes, we are looking for 2 queen, non smoking, 3 adults - so that could make a difference too.

Thankyou to all of the above posters who gave out such great information! I was originally going to stay at the Amerisuites, but kept reading "Not so good" comments. I then found this thread and just booked the Sleep Inn for Oct. for 103.99 for a 2 queen bed suite, using the Significant Organization Savings Rate. Thanks again.

How far to walk to a nearby grocery store? A decent restaurant? Also Am I assuming correctly that they have free shuttle from the airport,the day of arrival and to the port the next day?

Hey CamperHawk, I gave them a call since we will be there in April. Guy at the desk Say's there is a Mexican, Italian and Cuban restaurant across the street, Hope it's not all one restaurant :D Also a Publix grocery store in the same area. Yes they shuttle from airport to hotel, then to port.

Hope someone who has actually stayed there can give us a report.

Dianne

Sea Fan -

We recently stayed at Sleep Inn and Suites in Ft. Lauderdale and were pleasantly surprised. They have a free shuttle to/from the airport and cruiseport. They also had a breakfast available, not just continental, but an actual hot breakfast. I would recommend this hotel for pre/post cruise.

That is how this thread got started - the OP stayed there and reported back here re their stay.

Archived