Being Pro Active on an Upsell

roberts2005

On 8/20/2018 at 11:15 AM, Hawaiidan said:

Thats a pretty good offer.....

Going it alone without an Agent is 1. shortsighted, 2 dumb, 3.Stupid, 4.Pointless, 5. waste of your time. 6. waste of money.. 7 loss of money.

The "right person" to contact is your agent,... only your agent ....and always your agent Upgrades are offered to Agents for a client not to clients

If you can't say something nice...

Your second sentence is an attack and not helpful.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Agree.  Unfortunately, I am learning that there are some people on these boards that just like to argue with everyone, and pick apart every word, rather than be helpful.  Hope they're not on my cruise!  LOL

• Haha 1

On 8/19/2018 at 4:10 AM, roberts2005 said:

we are less than a month out on our cruise on the Marina. The cabin availability has gone from all wait list to some cabin availability shown as Guaranteed.

Rather than wait for an offer from Oceania, is there any way to request?

Yes.  Just ask.  Oceania sometimes has less than a full passenger count.  If you are not fussy with type or location you may be able to score a stateroom at a very heavily discounted fare. 

BTW,  to fill the ship I took  a last minute upsell from a  B2 Balcony to a PH for $125.  It was a very “quiet” ship.  But still excellent service and cuisine.👍

Good luck and enjoy.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

21 hours ago, stl9092 said:

If you can't say something nice...

Your second sentence is an attack and not helpful.

17 hours ago, bbtondo said:

Agree.  Unfortunately, I am learning that there are some people on these boards that just like to argue with everyone, and pick apart every word, rather than be helpful.  Hope they're not on my cruise!  LOL

stl9092 and bbtondo - I agree with you both totally. As we are avid cruisers (approaching 40+), and have been on cruise critic for years (primarily on Celebrity and Princess) I find in my experience on the Oceania boards that many times people are much more argumentative and curt in responses. Additionally, when people come to join a roll call, I have found most do not introduce themselves to the group - it is basically a "what's in it for me attitude."  

As you mentioned, we are all here to enjoy and share our experiences and be helpful to newcomers. Some people need to take an introspective look and review basic social skills and manners. 

Hope to see you both on a future cruise...You sound like my kind of people... 😁🍸 

Edited by neilrr
  • Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, docmark said:

I think it is too late for those "argumentative" people to learn social skills....just think of them as lost cause and ignore their rude behavior

docmark - I apologize for not acknowledging you in my last post...Happy Sailing!!!😊

• Like 1

On ‎8‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 7:10 AM, roberts2005 said:

we are less than a month out on our cruise on the Marina. The cabin availability has gone from all wait list to some cabin availability shown as Guaranteed.

Rather than wait for an offer from Oceania, is there any way to request?

We've done 2 & another this coming Feb. So far we've booked an inside & we always get a B-1 offering. It has varied from $400-600PP(10-14 day cruise) I found it cheaper to go this route rather than book the B-1 cabin at full price. We choose to just wait it out.

8 hours ago, neilrr said:

stl9092 and bbtondo - I agree with you both totally. As we are avid cruisers (approaching 40+), and have been on cruise critic for years (primarily on Celebrity and Princess) I find in my experience on the Oceania boards that many times people are much more argumentative and curt in responses. Additionally, when people come to join a roll call, I have found most do not introduce themselves to the group - it is basically a "what's in it for me attitude."  

As you mentioned, we are all here to enjoy and share our experiences and be helpful to newcomers. Some people need to take an introspective look and review basic social skills and manners. 

Hope to see you both on a future cruise...You sound like my kind of people... 😁🍸 

Slight departure: Our Jan. 2020 trip on Celebrity got cancelled, so we're now on the Feb. 14 trip on the Riviera again!

21 hours ago, LHT28 said:

just a reminder

Cruise critic  has an ignore feature   works great  😁

you do not see their posts unless someone quotes them

Thank you for that information.  Where is that ignore feature located???😊

14 hours ago, keithm said:

We've done 2 & another this coming Feb. So far we've booked an inside & we always get a B-1 offering. It has varied from $400-600PP(10-14 day cruise) I found it cheaper to go this route rather than book the B-1 cabin at full price. We choose to just wait it out.

Keithm - Hi there!! You found me...😊 I agree totally, but we would like a "A" cabin, preferably A2 - we like that category location and the little perks associated with it. We also snapped up a great "flash deal" for our cruise in July, so I am sure they would love to have us cough up some extra cash on the cabin. We have an outside at the present time which is fine. We also will wait and see..  

14 hours ago, keithm said:

Slight departure: Our Jan. 2020 trip on Celebrity got cancelled, so we're now on the Feb. 14 trip on the Riviera again!

Keithm - Sorry that trip on Celebrity got cancelled. Now you will be on a Valentine's Day cruise.💘 You will have a great time.  E-mail me to let us know when you are arriving in S. FL, so we can get together, if possible.   

Edited by neilrr

12 minutes ago, neilrr said:

put your cursor over the avatar of the person you want to ignore   when the box pops up you will see " Ignore User"  click there  another page will open

just check the boxes  for what you want to ignore  EG: post, messages

then hit "update preferences" 

Enjoy 🙂

8 hours ago, neilrr said:

Keithm - Hi there!! You found me...😊 I agree totally, but we would like a "A" cabin, preferably A2 - we like that category location and the little perks associated with it. We also snapped up a great "flash deal" for our cruise in July, so I am sure they would love to have us cough up some extra cash on the cabin. We have an outside at the present time which is fine. We also will wait and see..  

Keithm - Sorry that trip on Celebrity got cancelled. Now you will be on a Valentine's Day cruise.💘 You will have a great time.  E-mail me to let us know when you are arriving in S. FL, so we can get together, if possible.   

We plan to arrive on the 13'th. As to dinner, we kind of plan to go to Miami Lobster Grill & bar. We went last year & were totally blown away. It was pretty pricey, however.