Star Class Allure August 26... Join me!

We are also in a Star Class suite on the TA. I have been in contact with our Genie from last December who is now on the Symphony. We are hoping to have her again! She has said to not worry about dining. I think this is one trip I will be grateful for having a Genie (not that I'm not thrilled to have one at any time :) )!

I will ask and find out if I get the same message!

Swiss Miss, safe travels and enjoy our cabin. ;)

See you onboard.

You too! We are just underway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So here we go! We are off to the hotel. Mom is in the car and we are waiting on Layla. Her husband isn’t home yet so we need to wait and say goodbye.

We are off to the Hilton garden inn at the airport. I would normally never spend money on the hotel, but for a 5:55 am flight it is a good investment. No worry about a flat tire or car issues.... über doesn’t work in these rural parts of the world... lol

Let’s see how long my brother-in-law takes to get home. Maybe we get a full 4 hours of use from the hotel. Good thing Layla is at least paying the hotel.

I have to go!

We made it. And along the way, i had a major helping of humble pie.

So after waiting for Layla and going through the check list with those two, (mind you! I also cleaned my wallet of excess), we were on the road. We had about a 40 minute drive. Stopped to buy a Pepsi for my mom (she’s addicted) and then I went to get a bottle of wine while on the way to Village Inn. Why Village Inn??? Nothing better than a greasy Rueben.

Anyway, I get the screw top bottle of wine; we had to make sure we could open it at the hotel. I go to pay and .... no credit card. I pay using debit and think “where did I use that last”? People .... this is a card that I put everything on!!!

Yep, paid for those piggly wigglies and then this little piggy didn’t come home.

What to do? Well, you feel stupid while your mom says “I told you to go through your own checklist”. You call your dad to check if maybe it is on the counter. You ask your peeps if they have a card. You transfer money on your bank app so you can take our money in Atlanta airport tomorrow. And then you remember ....

You can set up Apple Pay. Again, using the same credit card. We get to Village Inn and I set up Apple Pay for the first time ever. I knew my security code folks!!! Thank goodness I use that card all the time. I then set up Uber again (as I had it on another phone previously) and enlisted Apple Pay.

That said, target and Village Inn do not take Apple Pay. Anyone know if the boat accepts Apple Pay for the onboard account? You got It! That card was setup for us. Guess I will give them cash. We have our tip with us, so I am not expecting anything to really be on our account.

So here we are. I have a glass of wine.

I’ll call that strip mall nail joint in the morning and .... well, the next time a work colleague calls and I get to pay as fast as I can as to not bother the other clients...well, I’m just going to put the phone down for a second. Be careful with those card readers behind the counter! So easy to walk away without a card.

Night all. We are back up in 5 hours

Are you going to call the bank and cancel the card? Might be the better decision. At least you can stop at the bank tomorrow in FLL, to get extra cash before you board the ship. Another advantage of flying the day before. As for the little piggies, that one went to market.

If you need any cabin hacks, let me know. There are a few tricks we have for your room.

Are you going to call the bank and cancel the card? Might be the better decision. At least you can stop at the bank tomorrow in FLL, to get extra cash before you board the ship. Another advantage of flying the day before. As for the little piggies, that one went to market.

If you need any cabin hacks, let me know. There are a few tricks we have for your room.

No, I’m not. I actually know exactly where it is and can see that nothing has been charged. If my dad gets there tomorrow and they don’t have it, I will cancel at that point. I go to that place often enough to know they are quite honest. Yes, I cannot advocate enough flying in the day before!

Ok, we will be in touch about the room. Have a safe flight.

For the record: this is too early to get up on a Saturday to catch a flight to a more-than-likely rainy destination [emoji58][emoji42]

No, I’m not. I actually know exactly where it is and can see that nothing has been charged. If my dad gets there tomorrow and they don’t have it, I will cancel at that point. I go to that place often enough to know they are quite honest. Yes, I cannot advocate enough flying in the day before!

Ok, we will be in touch about the room. Have a safe flight.

For the record: this is too early to get up on a Saturday to catch a flight to a more-than-likely rainy destination [emoji58][emoji42]

Agreed on all the above. Safe travels to you and your group. Thank god for the Ruben, it helped you discover the misplaced card.

It's not raining now but our daily thunderstorms are predicted for this aftermnoon right around the time you are supposed to land. But don't worry, if you don't like the weather just wait 5 minutes, it will change. Have a safe flight. Can't wait to follow you on your adventure.

It's not raining now but our daily thunderstorms are predicted for this aftermnoon right around the time you are supposed to land. But don't worry, if you don't like the weather just wait 5 minutes, it will change. Have a safe flight. Can't wait to follow you on your adventure.

Thank you! We made the first leg and are taxing to the gate. We really want to be able to sit poolside and maybe watch some boats leave tonight!

I'm from Hutchinson but I've been in TX since 1986. Hutch will always be home but I love TX. I'll always be a die hard Jayhawk when it comes to men's college basketball though. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK! [emoji173][emoji170][emoji173][emoji170][emoji173][emoji170][emoji173][emoji170]

Have a great cruise! 2 live reviews! YES!!! 50 days until I board the Allure!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

I'm from Hutchinson but I've been in TX since 1986. Hutch will always be home but I love TX. I'll always be a die hard Jayhawk when it comes to men's college basketball though. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK! [emoji173][emoji170][emoji173][emoji170][emoji173][emoji170][emoji173][emoji170]

Have a great cruise! 2 live reviews! YES!!! 50 days until I board the Allure!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app

Oh no! EMAW!!! I am a Kansas state grad..... Layla and Brad are Jayhawks fans. My daughter? Whatever I am not! Ha

Layla used to live in Hutch. I work over in Hesston... Halstead is our home town.

Thanks for following!! I know - cannot believe Andrew is on the same cruise. Awesome!

Update: we are moving. I guess they cannot have a certain number of lightening strikes in a 3 mile radius within 4 minutes

1 more minute (I think it’s up...)...

On another note, I called the nail joint. They have the card! Dad is en-route.

Update: we are moving. I guess they cannot have a certain number of lightening strikes in a 3 mile radius within 4 minutes

1 more minute (I think it’s up...)...

On another note, I called the nail joint. They have the card! Dad is en-route.

Awesome news.

We made it!!! The hotel is great and they let me continue to use my card cause I had checked in on the Mobile app. One down

Here is the room at the Marriott harbor beach resort

76f2d79a09c6916b7674146f9669b4d7.jpg92fc0d76be567ea97371a4272611dd81.jpg

e712694f8fb77731cfc1664434be8c23.jpg

db096373361335780bfb7f82370f5e0f.jpg

9504644110da002b1dbef98604d6961c.jpg

We are waiting for the weather to clear up and then down to the pool. We can smell food from somewhere and haven’t eaten yet today..

You awake Swiss Miss? Rally the troops, rub your Genie bottle.... it is almost go time.

We are up! We actually hit the hay at 8pm last night, we were sooo tired. We woke up at 7 this morning and went to church down at St Sebastian and just got back! I missed out on diet Mountain Dew yesterday so I went by the Speedway to get one. That sound the cap makes when you open it... ahhhhhhh! Caffeine!

We are now in the hotel room, bags packed and getting ready to staple on the luggage tags. Check out shortly and meeting Phillip at 11am.

I haven’t gotten around to reading all the updates on your post but here we go!!

See you soon!

Checked in! We had an interesting Uber ride to the port. The guy misses the turn and I’m pretty sure he has a side job based on the three different girls who called during our 5 minute ride.

We waited in the car drop off lane quite a while; he asked us to get off in the not-quite-there-yet lane. We hiked to the star class banner and waited. After a few minutes, we walked over to the suite entrance and were assisted. Phillip is still on the boat. But Iva was helpful and check in was easy. The porter was great and friendly.

We are, however, in the hold. Hoping Phillip gets here soon and we don’t have another family already monopolizing his time . Lol

268322d69bb8f19e135692c1bb34994f.jpg

he asked us to get off in the not-quite-there-yet lane. We hiked to the star class banner and waited

This has been our greatest frustration with the whole SC boarding process. 3 times on Harmony and once on Allure - we have NEVER managed to get a driver to actually take us to the SC area. They have always dropped us off around the corner. I know it's not a particularly long trek but it's disappointing to have to hike up to the flags. We have also NEVER had an incident-free event with getting our luggage. For whatever reason, they always seem to be delayed in getting our luggage up to our suite. Last time (Allure) we made a POINT of saying that we were staying with our luggage b/c of the poor history of getting our luggage delivered promptly. They insisted that we go on without our luggage and sure enough...it was almost an hour before our luggage got to our suite. I can't even venture a guess at where our luggage goes (every time !) but we have definitely NOT had the good service (with luggage delivery) that I hear others speak of.

This has been our greatest frustration with the whole SC boarding process. 3 times on Harmony and once on Allure - we have NEVER managed to get a driver to actually take us to the SC area. They have always dropped us off around the corner. I know it's not a particularly long trek but it's disappointing to have to hike up to the flags. We have also NEVER had an incident-free event with getting our luggage. For whatever reason, they always seem to be delayed in getting our luggage up to our suite. Last time (Allure) we made a POINT of saying that we were staying with our luggage b/c of the poor history of getting our luggage delivered promptly. They insisted that we go on without our luggage and sure enough...it was almost an hour before our luggage got to our suite. I can't even venture a guess at where our luggage goes (every time !) but we have definitely NOT had the good service (with luggage delivery) that I hear others speak of.

Yeah, our luggage didn’t make it into the room, but showed up about 5 minutes after we did. Kinda odd, but we got it! I just think that the banner may cause more waiting than is worth it... they should just say to proceed to the suites entry in case of delay and to expedite the process.

So I haven’t been very live, obviously. We had a wonderful day yesterday. This room is amazing, and my mom has already decided that instead of Alaska next year, we are going to try to book both 1720 and 1718. We have a total family of 8, so that works well.... but it means I better not meet anyone! Cause he would be 9 and no one is giving up their spot!

e9f76f26d840ac837582702a6303114d.jpg09ae29d5f362da2974a0799edaff33aa.jpg

We ran into Andrew, Lisa and Owen on the rising rise. He gave us some great rooms hacks! I also spied him earlier in the day at the flow rider !

We went to chops last night. Get the seafood tower. I honestly don’t know if we got more than usual, but we were stuffed. So what do you do when at a steak place and you fill up on seafood? You order a steak, potatoes and asparagus on top! Yes, yes. I had a 6 oz filet on top of it :-) Shout out to Claudiu from Romania; he was amazing!!!! Ask for him

dcdf6d2943624ffa6f9fdd46f3009d33.jpg

We then went to Karaoke [emoji441]. So fun! We had a blast for about an hour watching a very fun group of people sing and rap! We hit up Blaze for about 10 minutes (wasn’t bad, but I cannot dance well)... and then came home. To find .... cheese and wine! Which means we sat out and had wine and cheese.

I had a ton of water and hit the sheets.

Woke up at 9 this morning and ran on the track on deck 5. The crew was repairing a portion of the track, so it was turnaround city every three or so minutes. Mom and Layla went walking this afternoon and it was fixed.

Today has been boring! And I’ll take it for once. We had salad at park cafe: roast beef was delicious! Then we sat in the lounge for a while. We also tried the new vanilla bean coconut milk latte at Starbucks. It gets a meh.... wouldn’t pay for it.

I tried to read on the balcony. I got hot and came in... I feel asleep. I then woke up the sound of people delivering laundry and wine [emoji485]. We ordered tapas from vintages as the cheese last night was just a bit better than meh. High hopes folks!!!

And tonight is chefs table. It is at 6:30. Tonight is also formal night, so I guess I’ll shimmy into a dress and heels and be on my way.

Later everyone.