Does eurodam have sufficient outlets in balcony cabins

creel5857

we have friends who are sisters going on eurodam in a week and both have cpap machines and will need outlet by beds which will be in configuration with beds separated. Can anyone give update information if there will be outlets for both cpaps and other outlets in room enough to plug in a camera and phone.....maybe outlets around desk area or anywhere else other than bathroom

Thanks for replies.......I was in hopes that it had an electrical plug in somewhere on the bed side of cabin to avoid cord in floor. We have been on 8 cruises thus far and had only 2 ships that had sufficient plugs. I am not sure what all the families do who really take a lot of plug in items because we old folks take very few and still have problems with cpaps and basic item like a single camera. Again, thanks everyone

Between the front desk and our room stewards, the extension cords worked well for my husband's c pap machine. (He did request the extension cord before we left home.)

Also bring a roll of duct tape to secure the extension cord to the floor. You don't want to trip on the thing.

Barbara

Between the front desk and our room stewards, the extension cords worked well for my husband's c pap machine. (He did request the extension cord before we left home.)

Also bring a roll of duct tape to secure the extension cord to the floor. You don't want to trip on the thing.

Barbara

I just unplug the extension cord when I get up and move it out of the way so we don’t trip over it during the day.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I am not sure what all the families do who really take a lot of plug in items because we old folks take very few and still have problems with cpaps and basic item like a single camera.
Most phone/camera/computer/etc chargers these days will work on up to 240 volts, so all you need is simple, cheap plug adapters to use both of the 220v outlets at the desk. Check the labels on your charger plugs.

I bring some "cube tap" or "triple tap" adapters that give me up to three items on each 110v outlet. The extension cords available from the ship might have multiple outlets at the end, or you can put a triple tap on it.

attachment.php?attachmentid=190473&d=1301770956

I was in hopes that it had an electrical plug in somewhere on the bed side of cabin to avoid cord in floor.

I agree. With all the changes made to the cabins, including adding USB ports by the bed, I can't believe no outlets there were added, too. Many people use a CPAP, and that has to be used at the bed.

I bring two extension cords in different lengths, to be sure I have the right size for every ship and hotel room. I ask the steward to tape it along the wall and under the closets (where necessary), then up to the desk. That way the cord can't cause tripping, as it is along the perimeter.

The steward usually uses a tape more like a packing tape, although IIRC regular tape works, too. It's easily removed that last morning when I need to pack up the CPAP.