Final payment question

I'm a little confused about final payment for an upcoming cruise. I looked on the RC website and it clearly states that 5 day or longer cruises is due 90 days prior to departure. I have a 5 day cruise booked but the final payment is actually due 75 days prior when I click "make a payment" on the website and enter in all my info. Is there a new policy and they just havnt updated their website?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I'm a little confused about final payment for an upcoming cruise. I looked on the RC website and it clearly states that 5 day or longer cruises is due 90 days prior to departure. I have a 5 day cruise booked but the final payment is actually due 75 days prior when I click "make a payment" on the website and enter in all my info. Is there a new policy and they just havnt updated their website?

Perhaps you booked your cruise before the fnal payment date was increased from 75 to 90 days.

Thanks for the response. I booked this cruise back in February of this year. I dont remember when the rules changed but maybe it's for this specific cruise. It's the second leg on our b2b on navigator in December.

Perhaps you booked your cruise before the fnal payment date was increased from 75 to 90 days.

I didn't even know they did this. But, that's because I pay cruises off early to get points/cash to pay for airfare, so I'm usually paying them 6 - 9 months before we go.

It's only $1k but it's my habit not to give people money until its due. Plus I'll be using a CC and that's extra interest.

I didn't even know they did this. But, that's because I pay cruises off early to get points/cash to pay for airfare, so I'm usually paying them 6 - 9 months before we go.

I don't recall what year they made the change, might have been March 2017. So cruises booked before the change had the old terms.

It's only $1k but it's my habit not to give people money until its due. Plus I'll be using a CC and that's extra interest.

Credit card gets paid off when due, and I'd rather get my airfare (and seat selections) when first available than hold on to the money. Now, if my savings account was paying anything more than 1.55%, I might wait a little longer. Whatever gives me the biggest bang for my buck, and right now it's paying off cruises early, getting double points for a travel purchase on my Sapphire card, and getting my airfare cheaper or free.

I don't recall what year they made the change, might have been March 2017. So cruises booked before the change had the old terms.

I probably ignored it, because I was already figuring when I was going to pay it to get the air! :D

I like Peggy, pay my cruises off 1 to 2 months before the final date says. this also gives me the time to pay off the Credit card before leaving. Peggy i will admit I have never paid off as early as you do but usually I am 2 months early. My March 11, 2019 Hawaii cruise is asking for final on December 19, 2018. I will call in final to my TA probably by Oct.